The Officers of Tribal Fury

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

The Officers of Tribal Fury

Postby Serano » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:41 pm

Here is a little thread to introduce you to the Tribes Officers. send them a PM if you have any questions about their officer tasks or guild info in general.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Serano » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:43 pm

Hiya, Serano here.

I have been in Tribal Fury since January of 02. TF was founded Mar 01 4 months after the Server went live. I started running into TFers in Warrens around September of 01 myself. My buddy Arielyn started harassing me about joining somewhere around November - but instead I rolled up a new char and joined a month and half later.

I have been an Officer in TF since about Mar 02, and was the Guild leader for about 4 Months in 03 until I had to pass down the reigns when I had to Deploy to Iraq. I am the longest serving officer. My current jobs are:

1) Administer the Message Board and all forums: Some forums have chiefs that are responsible for those particular forum as well. If I can't fix something tho - I will prolly refer you to Worff who is our Web Guts guy.

2) DKP : I don't do DKP as much as I used to as it is hard for me to play but I try to DKP every other raid that I am actually on time for the start of.

4) a Guild Banker: I try to keep the Guild shared bank in the Guild Lobby, clear and available for deposit. BUT ALL OFFICERS are shared bank bankers. Anything that I find in there that is Vendor purchasable - I withdraw and sell. Any spell that is in there that is under 76, I withdraw and sell. If there is a trade item there that sits there for too long in stacks - I will move to a trade mule. Any piece of trade able gear that sits in the bank longer than a week - I withdraw and sell. All of the garbage - I take out and sell, either to vendor or bazaar it to other players. All of the $ goes into the guild raid fund. FYI - our guild raid fund buys all raid gems, coffins, port stones - if you get stiffed on a raid - get with me for a refund

I started EQ back in June of 01 and rolled up a char on some random server and ran around dying enough to learn the basics of the game. It was a Wood Elf Ranger named Rhhain. After I learned how to play - I rolled up Rhhain again on Vazaelle that was the newest regular server at the time. A few months later FV went live and I almost jumped Ship to it - but since I had already met Arielyn, I figured - what the heck - and I stayed here. I rolled up Serano the day before Luclin went live about the 2nd of December 01.

I have played a Ranger as a main my entire time in EQ. I believe - I have killed more TFers than any officer and am still open for buisness. When you see me LFG or inviting you to my group - plan on dying. I have also leveled a cleric up to 42 and then leveled a cleric from 48 to level 51 and another cleric from 47 to 70s. I also have played a mage and a chanter to the 30s. Helped my wife level her BL to the 50s. So those are the only classes that I have much first hand experiance playing but I study the other classes and try to be familiar with their abilities. Pays to know that a Necromancer can cast a self Egress(succor) and that a mage can summon a port necklace and that a Zerker has stun and that a Monk has aggro redux disipline, etc.

My priority while playing Everquest is to have fun. When I found everyquest in 01 I realized I found the game I wanted to play in 1982 when I booted up my Apple II+ the first time. EQ provides me the online playground that I want to pass my time hanging out in. If I am angry or not having fun while playing I prolly won't play that day unless someone is counting on me. I try to make all TF raids - but am still an Evangelist of part time raids vs every day raids. If you raid every time you log on, you never get to camp x drop or finish y quest or work on Z tradeskill. I prolly only see 1 Exp group a week and often just hang out sorting out the guild banks and taking care of guildies a lot while I am online.

Sometime in March or April of 05 I zoned into VT and realized that I had beat Everquest. I am still coasting and enjoying the ride of EQ - even tho they keep making expansions. I have zoned into Every zone in the original game, Kunark, Velious and Luclin. I don't know jack about GoD and have been trying to ignore the existance of PoP for years. It is possible no one on the Server knows more about Plane of Sky than I, and I know the plane of Fear even more than Sky. I think That DoD is the best expansion since Luclin but Omens of War had that title for me before that and that DoN was great Sequel to LDON. I have barely explored TBS and TSS, Ro, SOF or SOD.

I am currently Serving as a full time Soldier, Stationed at Fort Irwin, CA. I am married and have 2 kids, and play PST from about 8 - 12 every other two weeks, if I can play that long at a sitting. Sometimes I get to play during the day if the wife is off on errands and I am home.

Ok that is more than you wanted to know - but that is me

Harold Buchanan
760-475-3009
Last edited by Serano on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Serano
Officer

Postby Worff » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:29 pm

Qua`plah comrades!

Name is Worff Makesitso... ok I'm done :P kidding here we go.

Started EQ when Kunark first came out and it was the only expansion. I don't remember the year and month lol... ya know, back when most peeps thought Gladriel was really a girl :P I consider those the glory days, as nothing can compare to the first time loggin' into EQ and the feeling of adventure in a whole new world to explore.

I raised a pally and a druid to late 50's each, and joined a small guild called Knights of the Mystic Dragon (which became After Image later on) and after a couple months I was promoted to officer. Back then people called me Nano and I hung out with Marmond and Rallron.

Gave EQ a break for about 6 months because too many psychos were bringing their constant flow of drama across my chat window.. I felt more like Dear Abby than a gamer. Started EQ again with a new account, Rallron gave me back a lot of the stuff that I gave him when I quit (as Nano) and I solo'd my way to about 55 old-school style.

Rallron suggested I app to TF as his guild (Triality), although he'd like to have seen me get in, knew I wouldn't. I apped and my first group was with Serano and friends in Droga, where I evac'd the group once from King area by mistake (edit: hmm did that again on Sky3 mish in 2006 /smirk) and kept group healed with Superior Heal /omg. I thought SHIT, they'll never let me in .. but for some strange reason they did and once again I can't remember the date =\ but the important thing is I found a home and new friends.

After 3 months or so, a couple of vacancies became available and I was asked to be an officer which I accepted. I shared several duties back then until recently when officers split into "departments" so to speak. I willingly inherited Server Admin & Webmaster as primary duties, as well as managing the Forum, Roster, and Media pages.

.. see ya in the game folks!
Last edited by Worff on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Re: The Officers of Tribal Fury

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Fnord here -

I've been with EQ since 2000. Started as a Wizard on Morrel Thule. Got to about level 15 and quit. Bounced around the various new servers as they opened, finally rolling up the Mage about a day after Vazaelle launched. Since then, I've rarely played alts (nothing past 29), but I do occasionally get lost in the Norrathian future (EQ2).

Been around TF since sometime in 2002. First in an allied guild called Torture, then eventually merged into TF itself. My role as an officer is fairly nebulous just now - I'll be helping out on raids, helping with apps, and generally serving as a resource for everyone else to take advantage of. I enjoy doing tasks and missions in the non-raiding times, so feel free to look me up if you need a Mage to blow something up.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Brikksx » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Hello all, Brikksx here!!!

Well i stared playing in 1999 on the Vallon Zek server, pre-Kunark. This was a time when you were killed in PVP, a person could loot all coin and one item from your inventory (Someone took my FBSS once and i was pissed)!!! Was in a few guilds there, Mercenaries of Darkness, Xanit'K'Ven, Dissent and Vexare. Moved to Stormhammer when it launched to see if there was anything more to the game other than PVP. On Stormhammer i was in guilds such as Science of War, Township Rebellion and was guild leader of Ve Victus. Stormhammer died and i needed a change of the hardcore raiding life i was leading. Several of the members of my guild decided to move to Vazaelle and i figured it was as good as place as any. I apped to Tribal Fury in 2004 and i have been home ever since.
A Brother From A Different Mother

"If i am not back in five minutes, Just wait longer"
Brikksx
Officer

Highscores: 4

Postby sinadar » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 pm

hrmm i will try to remember as much as i can... but alzhiemers can kick in or is it the drugs i took in the past??

I started back in 2001, my buddy Vdayen(JIm to some) got me and his brother Felistas playing. We had to be dark elfs or he wouldn't beable to help us he said... but that would have been my choice anyways as well as my choice of class a necromancer.
i played for about 6 months and had to put it away for a short period due to RL issues. I was in a guild called Dunedain, and i had to quit right as luclin was released.

When i returned i had to do a little catching up... Luclin, PoP and i think Ldon was just released... I think there was LoY too and i had to go out and buy a whole premium package just to get that dumb expansion. Dunedain was no longer a guild and i joined some gimp guild that made me officer the day i joined it. i was in that guild for like 2 months and Vdayen told me to App for TF, and i did.
Pensfan was the leader at that time and raiding Up and Kael was big on the raid hits as well as NtoV. and then Tf went for the first big split since i joined to make a new guild called WoD Wraths of Discord. I tried to follow with all those that i played with Ralphasuar and Fadari, Pensfan, Killion and Tiem,etc..., But i wasn't excepted and Arilyn and Goofy asked me to come back to TF and i did.

I havent left TF again and never plan on it. I am here for the long haul so to speak. i found my home and my place in the game.
I just am a newb as an officer as of 09 but i know my family.

Robert Kingsland
Sinadar Hatesslife 85 Necromancer
sinadar
Officer

Postby Serano » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Um... I thought you guys all left to join up with Alternate Eclipse. WoD happend much later.
Serano
Officer

Re: Jibvalde Wolfbow

Postby Jibvalde » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Started playing EQ early 2001 spent some time on a pvp server till I just couldn’t stand it any longer then logged back into Vazaelle started playing a druid name Whitlie and a ranger, Jibvalde few of the guild I was in at one time or another were Staggering Battleragers Then Kindred spirits of Vazaelle, Claws of Night then Fellowship of Mooo
A few of those guilds are completely dead now and this leads me into how I got into TF.

Well first toon I had in TF was a Druid Named Whitlie He came to TF as part of a merge between Tribal Fury and an old guild, Fellowship of MOOO, (MOOOOO). at the time I had left Jibvalde in Mooo as guild leader and had Whitlie as a main I guess was not having much fun with druid so brought Jib in as a TF main moved Whit to Moo and started playing Jib full time started having a blast and due to access to some very good players I started learn a lot so late in 04 I broke 55 and jumped in as a full time raider and haven’t looked back since. So something like 5 years later I see were there is a need for someone to lead raids so sign up for that and throw my hat in to become a TF officer and get accepted now looking back this is something I should of done long ago I believe.

Being an officer, leading raids helping members and apps out has returned a lot of the fun to the game for me.

I can’t picture me playing EQ and not in TF.

Jibvalde
Jibvalde
Guild Leader

Return to Guild Policies