Raising the Bar (Level Limit Increase for Future Members)

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

What should be the new level limit?

Poll ended at Thu May 18, 2006 3:44 pm

Level 68
33%
Level 70
67%

Total votes : 43

Postby Musso » Sun May 21, 2006 12:02 pm

If were raising the levels Skill should deffinately be a factor into getting in. Theres plenty of ppl in TF who cant play there toon, that just suck no matter what gear, level, or spells/aa's they have. Players that dont listen..
Id rather have 10 lvl 65's that listen over 10 lvl 70's that dont know how to push taunt.
If somebody cant at least fill the app out correctly, I think thats a clear sign for somebody who doesnt care about the rules, or listen.
Musso

Postby Jimbop » Sun May 21, 2006 12:18 pm

It's hard to fully judge a person's skill with a character until you are around him or her for an extended period of time. Even with an extended app time like I went through with Triality, occasionally a person that is only very average at playing their class can make it into the guild. It's just not something easily measurable on any type of scale, and usually by the time you can fully measure it, the person will usually be guilded. Unless the person is just that bad that one can notice the first time grouped, then it's no question on whether to guild or not to guild.
Jimbop

Postby morbi » Sun May 21, 2006 1:27 pm

I voted to move the limit to 70, and for many of the same reason those who would like to see the cap raised have already posted.

1. Grouping w/ guildmates: A 65 will have a hard time finding level 70s, which most of our guild members are, to group with them. I think a number if they are not doing anythig will help. But usally level 70s are in pretty much all level 70 groups. if openning come up in group, that group will be looking for another 70 ti fill it. Just how it is.

2. Raiding: Like Zyzz said about the Uqua raid and 65 cleric. I would say any level 65 since death of one toon means mob spawn. I know people have raided uqua in the past at 65, and 70 doesnt mean great saves, hp, mana, etc., but it is more likey it does. Also Drannor comment on Bert hit makes sense. We will soon get the the point where Time hit will be for the majority alt gear.

Two month or so ago, i think we had majority at 70, but still had a number of 65-69 toons. Now we have to be close to 90% 70, or atleast it seems that way to me . I would feel bad for a level 65 that came into TF right now in a way. because I know he will have a hard time finding a group and with 54 raid limit, might not see much raid action either. Especially as content become more and more difficult.
morbi

Postby Madokvaur » Sun May 21, 2006 4:18 pm

morbi wrote:Two month or so ago, i think we had majority at 70, but still had a number of 65-69 toons. Now we have to be close to 90% 70, or atleast it seems that way to me . I would feel bad for a level 65 that came into TF right now in a way. because I know he will have a hard time finding a group and with 54 raid limit, might not see much raid action either. Especially as content become more and more difficult.

:thumbup Well Said Morbi, the level 65s will just feel left out and most likely cause some drama and/or just leave. It is a sad that a family/casual/raiding guild that is Tribal Fury has come to that, but it is the facts. You need to keep the family happy and keep progressing in this god awful game called Everquest :razz :thumbup
Madokvaur

oh yeah

Postby bill » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:12 pm

So, i'm back from vacation and this is a done deal.

Ranja, Worff, plz remove any referances to 65 and move it to 70. Thank you!
bill

Postby Serano » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:09 pm

dang - was hoping this got forgot. grrr. I lose again! WOOT!
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

well

Postby bill » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:26 am

In all fairness I wouldn't have been pushed to even make this suggestion if it weren't for the amount of feedback I got from various guild members and officers alike that wanted a change.

The Tribe has clearly spoken, good thing you have tribal immunity Major ;)
bill

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:47 pm

:jester :jester :jester :jester :jester :jester

funny Drannor
IrishHealer Sunspeaker 75 Cleric Of Tunare, EVER SO PROUD member of Tribal Fury
I am NOT a DRAMA QUEEN .....I am the DRAMA GODDESS!! GET IT RIGHT...
Irish

Previous

Return to Guild Policies