/derail talking about warriors raid roles

Moderator: Officers

hey

Postby bill » Wed May 17, 2006 10:27 am

At that point baro, let em tank. If they don't do a good job, they die. If they do, we win.

I'm here to win. If I die along the way 1-8 times, that's ok when we win =)
bill

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 10:30 am

It's simply not following directions and it pisses me off. If Zyzz said "Pally1 - Shd1 - Baromen - Whoever01" in that order and I was grabbing aggro off pally1 I'd expect pally1 to be pissed.

Maybe my attention to detail and desire to raid perfectly = taking raiding too seriously?

:punch: <--click me-->:-({|=
Baromen
Lurker

well

Postby bill » Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 am

If I didn't adapt to situations as they happened we would wipe more often. Learn to adjust to what is going around you and pick up slack where others are faltering.

Sometimes even I am caught unaware. Happens to the best of em.
bill

Postby Worff » Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 am

shit happens .. now get back to work ye scalliwags!
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 10:35 am

I think we both know exactly what we're talking about and seeing as we're beating around the bush I'm sending you a PM

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Wed May 17, 2006 10:36 am

What makes a warrior so unique is that you can seriously be in the worst group/raid ever and it's your fault for not getting the job done.

A cleric could be sitting afk and you'd never know it until you're dead, but nobody takes any responsibility but the tank.

I think the theme of those 2 statements are self-conjured, and not reality. Its a game of grps - not indivuials.

When I see Forsaker / Brikksx dieing left and right I will almost always remove them from that grp and put them in mine or another healers grp. Not like the healer in there grp now sucks - but they could be distracted or somtihng. So I move them to a healer I know is keeping there tanks up np.

If you catch that happening b4 me- let me or the RL know.

And Dran - Heals do Fail - its called a Fizzle - and it happens, and kills people. Trust me - nothing like a NEED heal to only fizzle require a re-click. Sometimes that second lost is all the differance. Clerics get the best spell haste foci you can! lol
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Meso » Wed May 17, 2006 10:39 am

/nod
been a few times i've asked the RL to give me a new healer
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 10:42 am

I've sent multiple tells after my cleric has been left behind on ever move or I'm just not getting heals or whatever. That's why I said my requests haven't been taken seriously.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Wed May 17, 2006 11:24 am

I can remember maybe 1-2 at most requests like that comming from you - and I know for a fact that I did move you into another grp.

And yes - your attention to detail and perfection is and will ruin your fun.

Thats the first battle- we are here to have fun - if you are not, or fun is not your primary reason for loggon on - you will be unhappy.

Assent plays to win - but also have fun.

TF plays to have fun - but also have wins.

I would HATE to be there when Assent is wipeing over and over to the same event - pl must get fucking bullshit all the time in that guild when things are not 100% perfect.

Fuck that - I log on to get away from all that perfection bullshit my job and RL has me all in.

Log in and raid to have fun - not to have some outlet in your life that you can control to be perfect.

Mercy on the poor souls who seek perfection on this world / life. They will forever be dissapointed.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 11:36 am

I've been raised to never be satisfied with my performance. It gets frustrating at times, but until things are trivialized (RL too) I simply must focus on the details.

I used to compete on Xbox Live for about a year and took a team of guys in rainbow six 3 to the top. We were the number 2 team in the world. Why? Detail. You can have fun when you know your role perfectly. I knew my role on every map to the step. I got to the point where I knew exactly how many shots had to be fired. It was some of the most fun I've ever had.

When we roll over events like a machine I get my fun out of doing things right. The victory is the payoff. I dont' think anyone was happy wiping in the gas chamber. If we continued on and beat the encounter we'd have been extremely satisfied.

I dont' think doing things right makes us "assent like" because we do it at our own pace. I don't think being a raiding/fun guild means we have to be sloppy to enjoy ourselves. Am I wrong?

Baromen
Lurker

heh

Postby bill » Wed May 17, 2006 11:47 am

Fizzle rate and the chance of taunt failing aren't even in the same ballpark.
bill

Postby Drigarx » Wed May 17, 2006 11:57 am

You guys make me sad with this entire thread. If you think a WARS only role is to MT stuff and be a meat shield then you might as well delete your toons and rerole something a little less demanding. A decent war is also dps if they know wtf they are doing, and if you want logs to prove this I will post them for you. Just because you aren't the "CENTER" of attentions means absolutely nothing, just because you are a plate class on the back burner means nothing. A war with the right AAs and decent weapons can put out upwards of 260-300 DPS at any given point in time. If you want to complain about not getting the drops then RAID MORE, plain and simple you want the drops then get your ass to the raids and earn them.

OK done rambling.
Drigarx
King cowpie

Highscores: 6

hmm

Postby bill » Wed May 17, 2006 12:09 pm

I didn't think this thread had anything to do with getting gear. We all attend raids regularly in here for the most part.

Hi Drig!
bill

Postby Baromen » Wed May 17, 2006 12:22 pm

I'm at 60% for the last 30 days and have only missed 1 raid this month. I'm not complaining about drops (I swing a dbotw $$$). I'm just saying when you find yourself as a gimp berzerker in plate it gets frustrating.

Sure, if I had a swiftcleave and steampowerd cogblaster I'd be putting otu serious dps compared to others that are where we are at right now, but by the time I have them, I'll still be in the back of the dps pack.

Baromen
Lurker

Postby Meso » Wed May 17, 2006 12:41 pm

kk, this horse has about been kicked to death. :monkey
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Class Specific Discussion