Raising the Bar (Level Limit Increase for Future Members)

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

What should be the new level limit?

Poll ended at Thu May 18, 2006 3:44 pm

Level 68
33%
Level 70
67%

Total votes : 43

Postby Reck » Fri May 12, 2006 1:42 pm

Warned. okay but since my post was deleted because I mentioned that someone talks to much. And is main reason I stay out of the boards.

But my point on this subject was that the gear doesn't make the player, the lvl doesn't make the player. The player makes the player.

And now I am out.
Has anyone seen my penny?
Reck

Postby Ayragon » Fri May 12, 2006 1:44 pm

zyzzerzazz wrote:We do NOT attack personalities here - we attack logic.

:jester :cry :jester :idea

:stupid
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 2:06 pm

I don't know why a keep at 65 optino wasn't included.

As ussual you can track me on the list of nos for raising the bar. same as I have voted since we moved the min level up to 20 back in 2002.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Re: Serano

Postby bill » Fri May 12, 2006 2:15 pm

If you do not wish to vote for either of the above, please post a write-in.

The option is right there I think.

one vote for 68 was pulled to 65.
I track Reck, Blues, Serano and that PM to pull the 68 for 65 as write-ins thusfar. And Teen! And Lyannah!

That's 6 for 65. If you don't wish to vote, that is your choice.

Here is what I see thus far:
Level 65~ 6
Level 68~ 9
Level 70~ 21
Last edited by bill on Fri May 12, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri May 12, 2006 2:19 pm

I don't know why a keep at 65 optino wasn't included.

A poll was held that included this idea Serano - just not to teh members.

80% of the offciers wanted to increase the cap - thus the poll moved forward here.

If there is overwhealming push to NOT raise the cap by the memebrs - NP - we will not raide the cap.

But it looks like those 80% of officers were very attuned to teh rest of the voting members.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 3:30 pm

I believe 75%.
Serano
Officer

heh

Postby bill » Fri May 12, 2006 3:32 pm

And only about 15% of the officers voted the other way, and then?

Tit for tat, which none of is the point here.

The points are that the majority of the officers voted to the extent this poll exists. Now it is in the hands of the guild.
bill

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 3:35 pm

15% ? boggle? where do you get 15% ? 25% voted for keeping it at 65% not 15%. 25% is what is left over from 75%.

does it matter? no - but it is a guild past time to poke holes in zyzzerzazz's accuracy.
Serano
Officer

hehe

Postby bill » Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 pm

Some voted for 65, some voted for 68, some voted for 70. Didn't you vote in that poll?

75+15+x=100 Popquiz hotshot! What do you do? what do yoooou do!?

When poking holes, try not to be so holy ;)
bill

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 3:40 pm

12 voted. 3 for 65. the remaining 9 votes were for 68 and 70 respectivly.

where does the x come from? there is no x. there were 12 votes. 3 were for 65 that = 25%. I know my survey of collage mathmatics (math 100) is 14 years behind me - but pretty sure that is the way it works.

note: math 101 college algebra was too challenging for me so I found an easier course.
Last edited by Serano on Fri May 12, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Postby Emenite » Fri May 12, 2006 3:40 pm

I vote for remaining 65.
Requirements raised close to or at the cap lvl just screams raid guild too much for me. Yes i raid a lot but i originally joined the guild cause of it's friendly family oriented don't have to raid style. The current lvl of 65 get's someone close enough to group for most missions and go to most places we raid. I've meet and continue to meet people that aren't maxed lvl that just take their time but know how to play their characters really well. With MM's and other fast lvl'ing methods i've seen far far far more lvl 70's i would rather just look at them and say "Here's your sign" and hand them a board that says i'm stupid. Only reason i could see for the lvl increase for most of the stuff we are doing is cause a lot of the raid force isn't up to standards for the content. We steamroll over a lot of stuff only because of the lvls because let's face it a lot of our raid force don't follow directions well or stay informed of what we doing. I have no problem with that because we aren't a hard core raid guild. Been there done that. Been on raids where they actually posted after every raid dps parces and how much each person contributed. So as i said i vote for remaining 65 since there is no real reason i see we have to move it forward. I personally think the cut off should be closer to 10 lvls from max currently then only 5. Ya ya so they will be raising cap to 75. How many of our members currently haven't even bought PoR yet. How much of PoR have we raided? None. How much of DoD have we raided? umm verok pretty much it. We havent' even done much of DoN either. Hell we are just barely starting to crack into OOW and GoD which our years behind. Their is no reason to raise cap for a 75 new cap that is not even here yet dont' even think SoE has even released a new site for it they are still pitching PoR. As for the raise in lvl in line with most of the members from an officer stand point. The officers hit the board a lot. So do the heavy raiders in guild. A lot of the none raiders i don't see post much. They might lurk. but last time i checked not even 25 people had voted. How many members do we have and how many log on a dayly bases. So using that small amount saying represents the guild seems a little biased. Okay off my soap box. Please dont' hate me for ranting

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Vorla 70 Barbarian Shaman
Zarn Candypimp 66 Gnome Enchanter ~retired and living with his harem~
It wasn't me. Honest. Trust me. ~glances to make sure tape hidden~
Emenite

well

Postby bill » Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 pm

All I can say about that Zarn is that if ppl wish to not vote, that is their choice.

I will not halt progression as a guild because ppl won't vote.

I am in the business of catering to those involved with the guild. If you don't want to be involved, we don't force you as you said.

But to not be involved is a choice we each make. I agree with some of your points and not with others. I appreciate the post it definitely adds more perspective which is why I come up here, GOULET!

As of now, total votes: 39
Level 65~8
Level 68~10
Level 70~21
Last edited by bill on Fri May 12, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bill

Postby Serano » Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 pm

thank you zarn er... eme for derailing drannor and my debate about math.

:finger

:razz
Last edited by Serano on Fri May 12, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serano
Officer

Postby Harmfulbag » Fri May 12, 2006 3:49 pm

I have sat and pondered this choice and i have to say there are alot of valid issues on all sides of the fences here. I have to say leave it at 65... i am not gonna drag out all the reasons i feel that way, but 65 is fine with me. Harm was pushed to lvl 70 rather quickly and somedays i dont know what my actual role should be on raids - should i back up heal today should i add a little extra dps today - etc etc etc. granted Harm has 340 plus aa's atm but i am still playin around with aa's to see what each one does, heck just as i got my cleric to 65 they raised the cap - i was so flusterated with her and the way people were bout getting groups i quit playing her and put all my attenition into Harm... Enough said on this issue - i keep my vote at 65 - i also have to agree with Em on this as well!

((HUGS)) Tribe
Take care of you and yours......

Harmfulbag

Postby Emenite » Fri May 12, 2006 3:51 pm

think a lot has to do with it's a game. I use to be where i get home finish work check email and just log into game. Cause let's face it i want to have fun and not have to go surfing somewhere else to be informed. So i never bothered even checking a game forum or a guild forum. Then i started working where i could surf the web and had the spare time at work and couldn't play so started paying attention to forums. I think a lot of people still do the it's a game type mentality and just log on and if they need to know something it's posted in game. I was that way and i'm sure others still that way now that the forum the only thing i used it for was to post my app at that time and spend in game time getting to know people.
Vorla 70 Barbarian Shaman
Zarn Candypimp 66 Gnome Enchanter ~retired and living with his harem~
It wasn't me. Honest. Trust me. ~glances to make sure tape hidden~
Emenite

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Policies