Alts no caped at 50 DKP for bidding (obsolete)

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Alts no caped at 50 DKP for bidding (obsolete)

Postby Serano » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:22 pm

I do recall mentioning that we only post one main for posting purposes, and that now we have a 50 DKP cap on boxes bidding - but I do not recall I said to pick which one you brought - so I think that must have been another.

I believe bots are actually higher on the priority list for getting time flags.

and our DKP policy allows for both bots and alts to bid on gear with their dkp and until changed alts are not presently limited by how much they can but boxes can not bid more than 50 DKP. The alts might get the 50 DKP cap as well soon however.

our published DKP policy is more restrictive on boxes than alts - and the earning of points for boxes will continue to be more restrictive than the earning of points by alts. This is to prevent a player from gearing up a box and their main at the same rate as another person gearing up just one toon. However with the low bids on items lately - the 50 DKP cap is barely important any more.

Simply an alt is a player that plays more than one main or plays a char often that they don't consider a second main.

A box is a char that is played simultaneously as their Main (or their second main depending on how they perceive it).

Why are their restrictions on them and why is their discussion of incressing restrictions? Some feel like we are wasting the guilds time if alts ( a second raiding char per person) are bidding on a loot that if it went to a players sole raiding char would progress the guild faster rather than double farming any loot. The decision is do we want to gear up our guildies characters or do we want to progress as fast as we can. Right now we don't have a stated objective one way or the other.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

whoa

Postby bill » Mon May 01, 2006 11:32 am

I thought alts were capped at 50?
bill

Re: whoa

Postby Ranjaling » Mon May 01, 2006 11:37 am

bill wrote:I thought alts were capped at 50?

Ditto

Members poll voted them to be
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Serano » Mon May 01, 2006 11:58 am

per this poll:

http://tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7795

which I have moved to guild policies - and a decision from the guild officers based on that poll, alts are now capped at 50 for bidding as well.

For ALT definition - an ALT is the char that you play that DOES NOT appear on the roster, is not the char you apped with, and is the char that on DKP says alt and in the guild managmement tool - says alt.

Also - I would consider the char you have earned the most DKP on to be your main and the one you have earned less on will be your alt until you 1) officially retire 2) overtake the DKP earned - we prolly need to have the officers or members come up on a criteria since for the first time Alts will have limitation.

You can still play whatever char you want but you will now not be able to bid more than 50 DKP on a raid with them
Serano
Officer

Postby Serano » Mon May 01, 2006 12:05 pm

Added K1 Below:

k) If a char is asked to raid with one of their alts other than the character they planned on raiding in order to ensure the success of the raid - the player may opt to have their camped alt to recieve the DKP instead, since they played with a differant toon than they prefered.
k1) If a player raids with more than one character regularly - the char with the most earned DKP will by default be considered their main. Unless a player defines X char as their alt and Y Char as their main then that criteria will be used in designating which is a main. This is important, as ALTS are now capped at bidding no more than 50 DKP on any raid loot.

http://tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32535#32535
Serano
Officer

Re: whoa

Postby Kaylar » Mon May 01, 2006 3:22 pm

bill wrote:I thought alts were capped at 50?

I thought we established that along time ago was well.
Kaylar

Postby Serano » Mon May 01, 2006 6:51 pm

it was voted on but never made policy until today.
Serano
Officer

Postby Britley Battledoc » Mon May 01, 2006 8:45 pm

I am so confused, I will have to hire an attorney to figure this out. I have seen where some "Alts, the ones where you have to log off a main toon and log in another toon" have already received a time flag prior to "boxes, the ones that make and contribute to each and every raid. I am now feeling that I must make a choice to pick one toon for each raid. Britley is my main, however Listen has more dkp, so I guess she has now become my main as the case my be. So for the purpose of raiding, I will just have to log Listen in to be the buff whore all the while leaving Britley behind on the dkp awards. Not that I would bid anyway, (only as it should increase her mana pool) as I only want what is best for the progession of the guild. If I could please get some clear cut clarification on this, I would be extremely greatfull!!! As this dkp crap is stressing me to the point that I really don't care to play right now and this is my outlet. Oh well, back to the treadmill. That is not a bad thing. Thank you in advance for you kind assistance with clearing this up.

Have A Great Nite or Day!!!

Brit used to be aka Listen or now Listen aka Brit
Britley Battledoc

Postby Ranjaling » Mon May 01, 2006 9:19 pm

Britley Battledoc wrote:I am so confused, I will have to hire an attorney to figure this out. I have seen where some "Alts, the ones where you have to log off a main toon and log in another toon" have already received a time flag prior to "boxes, the ones that make and contribute to each and every raid. I am now feeling that I must make a choice to pick one toon for each raid. Britley is my main, however Listen has more dkp, so I guess she has now become my main as the case my be. So for the purpose of raiding, I will just have to log Listen in to be the buff whore all the while leaving Britley behind on the dkp awards. Not that I would bid anyway, (only as it should increase her mana pool) as I only want what is best for the progession of the guild. If I could please get some clear cut clarification on this, I would be extremely greatfull!!! As this dkp crap is stressing me to the point that I really don't care to play right now and this is my outlet. Oh well, back to the treadmill. That is not a bad thing. Thank you in advance for you kind assistance with clearing this up.

Have A Great Nite or Day!!!

Brit used to be aka Listen or now Listen aka Brit

No hun, Serano just didn't specify..

What he means is the most "EARNED" DKP, not the most current to spend :razz

Britley Active Raider 70 Cleric 326.00
Listen Boxed 70 Enchanter 248.00

Really all you have to look at is who you declare your main to be on the guild roster. Toons on the guild roster are unrestricted.

Hope this helps :wavey
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Ranjaling

Postby Britley Battledoc » Mon May 01, 2006 9:41 pm

Thanks a ton Ling, didn't think I would ever get off that damn treadmill. I don't want this to be a Brit-Ling forum. So I will say that as I understand it, I shall continue to play Brit and park Listen for the sake of diminishing the bot/alt confusion. I will recommend that to Least and anyone that plays duel toons. Parking Listen will afford me the opportunity to treadmill, bike and re-establish my workout routine. Thanks again, no response necessary and HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! :band:

Brit and for real aka Listen
Britley Battledoc

Postby Serano » Tue May 02, 2006 12:36 am

Ranjaling wrote:
No hun, Serano just didn't specify..

Serano wrote:

For ALT definition - an ALT is the char that you play that DOES NOT appear on the roster, is not the char you apped with, and is the char that on DKP says alt and in the guild managmement tool - says alt.

Also - I would consider the char you have earned the most DKP on to be your main and the one you have earned less on will be your alt until you 1) officially retire 2) overtake the DKP earned

Ranjaling I would call that specifying - meet me in the cabalis arena at 0100 Cinco de mayo to settle this blud fued!

ANd for the record - boxes have saved TFs bacon several times both on the capability to conduct a raid period or having that second toon to focus on when the main one went down. Then there was this time where I two boxed the complete heal chain for fighting Grieg...

With our current roster there will be encounters that will just not have room for boxes and most boxers are quite happy to park the box to make maximum attendance for live played toons. Other times if peeps fail to show up to max out a raid - by all means bring that box and hopefully we can get those boxes flags and make the raid a success.

As to raiding alts - I am actually of little opinon on that matter. Some people don't like the spreading out of the raid loots to multiple chars of the same player either on boxes or alts. Personally I am not really that concerned with how fast we move past content - but some are. I dont' think those that want to do X diff than what is important to me are "wrong" and that I am "right." My problem is that I beat EQ a year ago and I am just coasting along enjoying the game.

Oh and being a loot whore!
Serano
Officer

heh

Postby bill » Tue May 02, 2006 10:17 am

Britley, you need decaf bad ) Deep breaths lady!

No one needs to change the way they are playing the game they enjoy.

This is just how we track the numbers WHILE you play, nothing more.

Rock on and be excellent to one another.
bill

Postby Toisrus » Tue May 02, 2006 1:34 pm

Britley, exercise is a good thing. Good for you.
Toisrus

Postby Ranjaling » Tue May 02, 2006 6:28 pm

My bad Serano, I guess you did specify /bonk

Speed reading isnt one of my strengths.

I'll still come duel ya though :banana
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Ranjaling