quests and DKP

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 pm

http://tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3685

e) Quest Loots are typically DKP'd if it is a contested quest and then ussually only the hardest drop (rarest) will be DKP'd.

Turns out that we left part of the DKP text OUT after the discussion about how quest loots were done.

We used the elemental quest

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=2667

once to talk about the way quests are handled - altho there was another example used as well I can't remember which.

Look to me to be adding more to line "e" to further specify the way quest loots that require a raid hit to win are done.

Essentially - if there is a multi boss kill quest that will require multiple bosses down to complete - the "completion" and further loot rights go for the first time that DKP is speant.

using the example of the Essences of Power quest as an example, the FIRST time ONE of the bits drop - it is DKPed and all subsequent drops towards that quest go to the winner of that first DKP. IF it so happens that a future hit finds 2 or more at the same level of completion (say 2 x players have fennnin and Xegonies drop then both would be elligible to bid on the earth or Water drop - but no other would be able to.

this is to prevent seeing the drop 4 times and having a diff person win the bids each time - thus getting 4 people NOTHING.

so - I will have to look at this stuffs here - and put into some good words how this policy works in practice.

For those in the know - the example above was actually used in practice after we put this in here. On the TRC kill essence of earth or whatever dropped - and Waystin won it automatically because he had paid DKP for the drop from Fire IIRC. now he doesn't have xeg drop (she didn't drop it the one kill we had - nor was he there ) and coir didn't drop it the one kill we had. BUT - if he is there and they drop he doesn't have to rebid vs anyone.

Such similiar policy will go into play for the tounge quest. the first Raid drop will be DKPed on - and then - subsequent encounters will go to the same questor that won that bid UNLESS someone else has bid on the previous drop before the next - in that event only those 2 are in the running. An exception would be that somone already had X drop that was a raid drop for us - and also has any previously DKPed quest drops on that quest - would also be on equal footing for bidding.

The goal of this policy is to prevent multiple people from completing a quest that could have been done by several people with smart bidding restrictions.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

hmm

Postby bill » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:25 pm

One part of that policy to me stinks.

If a person bids 15dkp at a TF raid for a quest piece and b person picks the same piece up on a pickup raid on their last server, shouldn't the person that spent DKP get priority?

I just would be (and was) pretty fucking pissed that I was told the drops were going to me because I spent dkp and then having someone rolling against me the next time a part dropped because they got theirs at a pickup.

If you bid DKP for a quest piece, others that didn't bid should have a lower priority. Period.

That being said, I think a person should be able to buy in on that second drop if they want.

I think if a person wants to bid for a quest drop as mentioned above in the situation that a prior piece has already been bought with DKP, that next piece should either go to the person that bought the original piece or the 2nd piece can be bought for the same amount of DKP as the piece(s) bought by the original bidder.

Meaning if I spend 15dkp for the fire piece and the earth piece drops and zyzz has the fire piece from a pickup, he should have to spend 15dkp for that earth drop. Only if someone who spent DKP on a prior part of the quest is present and trying to get the current drop.

Otherwise we are just hosing the shit out of ppl who bid dkp.
bill

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:36 pm

I think that subsequent bids would be relavent if they are equal in the quest - even if x was previously bid on and won.

I guess I think there should be a loophole to allow for the person farthest along in the quest from getting priority. For example - warrior x joins TF - and has Fire, air, and earth. warrior y is IN TF and has bid on the drop from Fire and then got god looted the earth drop.

warriors x and y are both at the next water kill. Even tho Warrior X has bid NOTHING for TF on the drops - should he have looting priority on the water drop over the warrior y that has already bid once for quest completion. the water drop drops - completes the warrior Xs quest - whereas the air drop may NEVER drop for warrior y.

Quests and loot priority is a sticky subject when you try to apply catch all agreements - the hope is that common sence and an upgrade / loot / toy for one person is better than no loot for either.
Serano
Officer

hmm

Postby bill » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:18 pm

I deleted what I had before because I was confused on where Serano was standing on the issue.

now he doesn't have xeg drop (she didn't drop it the one kill we had - nor was he there ) and coir didn't drop it the one kill we had. BUT - if he is there and they drop he doesn't have to rebid vs anyone.

I was there for Xegony actually.

Aye, in thinking about this a bit more,

warriors x and y are both at the next water kill. Even tho Warrior X has bid NOTHING for TF on the drops - should he have looting priority on the water drop over the warrior y that has already bid once for quest completion. the water drop drops - completes the warrior Xs quest - whereas the air drop may NEVER drop for warrior y.

If I was warrior y, I wouldn't mind that warrior x completed their deal. If we both needed the same drop, warrior x better not get a shot unless warrior y was not present or warrior x was willing to spend the dkp that warrior y initially spent +1. I think that would be most fair.

I think I got a bit confused reading your post Ser.
Last edited by bill on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Postby phishn00 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:29 pm

Well, I wasn't gonna bring this up until we were further along in GoD, but here is what I'm looking to do with the Skin Samples quest.

Before we hit Txevu (which is where the first of the two raid drops drops), we'll have an open auction for them on the mb, and accept the top 3 bids. Winning bid gets the first dibs on the first tongue we see. If the winner is not present at that raid, then #2 gets it, and so on. Once #1 has their drop, #2 takes priority, etc. This is the fairest and easiest way to handle this quest.

BiC is a totally different story though.
phishn00

hmm

Postby bill » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:39 pm

Well, I actually like that idea as well. That would be something the guild has never seen. Bidding on a drop before it dropped. That is different than what was posted above because there is the initial drop to be bid on.

I guess we can hammer out more details on that (sorry to hijack the shit out of your thread Kaylar)

Gotta talk about that more with you Phish.
bill

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:44 pm

what if i wasn't talking about waystin ? It comes to mind that you are warrior y accidentally
Serano
Officer

Return to Guild Policies