Should TF Cap DKP Bids by Alts?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Do bidding caps apply to alts?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:46 pm

No, alts are not capped on bidding
33%
Yes, alts are capped like boxes without exception
13%
Yes, alts are capped unless the RL requests the presence of one toon over another.
55%

Total votes : 40

Postby Serano » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 am

just use Zerker as your example and everyone will applaud the bashing
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

haha

Postby bill » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:06 pm

Very funny ser.

Guys, do not take this personally!

Don't point and say so and so is greedy, I see just as much merit in not restricing alts at all as doing this.

It's not about greed, it's about our pace.

Having a ton of extra alts with awesome gear we can bust out whenever we need would be awesome! The question is that is this what we want to do? 11 atm say yes, 19 say sorta and I forget the amount saying boxes & alts get capped without question but it's the lowest.
bill

Postby phishn00 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:17 pm

Meh this is people saying they want their alts to be able to get the very best drops TF sees.

People may not call it greed, I do, just my opinion.

You can get some very, very nice gear for under 50 dkp. I got my OoW robe for 20, multiple EP pieces for under 20.

The only thing this would restrict alts from is the Verok type gear. I still haven't see anyone post why a Sprig would be more beneficial in their alt's hands than in the hands of someone who plays full time.

And those with "2 mains", you're upset because both your toons can't be outfitted immediately in the best gear TF sees drop? There's only so much high end loot to go around, and expecting us to outfit multiple toons with the best gear we see is unreasonable. Hell, soon the sprigs will be going for under 50, and alts will be able to bid away. Waiting for a few months of farming before your alt or "second main" can get that high end drop is too much to ask?
phishn00

Postby Toisrus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:53 pm

This discussion is good because it is making the real issue more clear, at least to me. As I see it, this is not so much about alts or dkp. The real issue how to build up TF's raid force so we can advance through the high end content of the game. The leadership wants to develop each member's "main" so that the guild can plow into and through Time and other "leet" zones. In other words, the guild is best served if everyone has one uber toon instead of 2 or more semi-uber toons.

At the same time, the guild leadership does not want to tell people which toon to play or who to play the game. Nevertheless, the guild leadership wants the most serious drops, i.e., the drops that go for lotsa dkp, to go toward building the high-end raid force.

I see these as legitimate goals and I respect what the guild leadership is trying to do to achieve them. My observation is that limiting an alt to a 50 dkp bid, however implemented, is only one of the "means" to this end. We should not get too hung up on the minutae of this issue. Instead, let's focus on the overall goal which is building up everyone's "main" toon so we can explore and have fun in new zones.
Toisrus

/clap

Postby bill » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:00 pm

That was some beautiful stuff right there Tois!
bill

Postby Serano » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:12 pm

One thing some loud voices are very serious about is still providing a home for people that don't want to be told how or what to play - we dont' want anyone to ever feel like they need to hide on an alt as to not feel like they would have a problem not playing X main that TF demands show for X thing.

Preserving that attitude is very important. However by making out Raid portion of our guild having restrictions will provide some limitations on the raid loots but little else. So while having several mains is still fine with TF - just as we will only "track" one main for roster purposes - you can play whatever toon you want - but only the toon you choose to have listed on the Roster (or by default the toon you app with us with) will have full DKP bidding privilages if we decide to implement this.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

hehe

Postby bill » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:02 pm

And if you don't raid, this thread is completely pointless.
bill

Re: ok

Postby Madokvaur » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:12 pm

bill wrote:Before I read the rest of that post:

Some people may change their minds based on what is said in the comments, but if they have already voted it will be too late.

I have reposted a poll before due to feedback indicating this concept.

Generally I always read then vote, but not everyone is me, fortunately.

Is everyone done leaving feedback yet, the other 100+ members want to vote :razz /sarcasm off

Rock on TF....Phishn great feedback....You got it nailed down perfect :thumbup

Lead on to hell and Back Bill (Waystin/Dran)!
Madokvaur

hehe

Postby bill » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:54 pm

OH, speaking of which, if you are truly interested in changing your vote, PM me with your decision and why. If more than like 2 people want to change their votes, I'll repost the poll.

This poll ends 2/27/06 unless we have interest in repolling.
bill

Previous

Return to Guild Policies