Truth to the rumor: DoD Defensive AAs HURT your defense?

Moderator: Officers

Truth to the rumor: DoD Defensive AAs HURT your defense?

Postby Baromen » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:38 pm

I was talking to a friend recently who's basically in the same knowledge bracket as I am... not very much. He's been running with a more experienced warrior who's been telling him that he used to be able to tank RSS no problem, maxed out his DoD Avoidance and Mitigation AAs and then went back only to get creamed.

Have any of your 200AA+ tanks finished your DoD D-AAs and noticed the same thing?

:punch: <--click me-->:-({|=
Baromen
Lurker

Postby Drigarx » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:26 pm

The DoD defensive AA's most definately help. There are alot of reasons why it may "seem" like he is getting creamed. The main one is the slower. Next time he goes there tell him to put on others spell casts. If he is getting creamed its one of two things, 1) the slower is well uhh slow or 2) the slower isn't debuffing and having to recast over and over because of resists. Prior to DoD defensive I wouldn't have thought to tank there with a bard slowing, but as of recently most of my RSS groups have consisted of a bard slower and I do just fine there.

my 2cp

Drig
Drigarx
King cowpie

Highscores: 6

Postby Jahras » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:30 pm

I know they didn't hurt my defense as a beast. granted they didn't improve it *too* much, it was still some improvement in my parses.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Ophidion » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:10 pm

Any mitigation past pop defensive is .5% per rank, whereas pre GoD mitigation aa are all around 1.5% per rank or somewhere in that vicinity. Having almost 1100 aa and all the defensive aas, I noticed a great deal of improvement from everything up to pop, after that it was a minimal return at best.

However, this is coming from a shamans perspective (and monk since he has the def aa). If you are a tank you better be getting that shit done chop chop.
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/645186
Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

haha

Postby bill » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:11 pm

I just bought Reflexive Mastery 1 on Waystin this week :help
bill

Return to Class Specific Discussion