Should the Level Requirement Change?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Should we raise the required level to 65?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:23 pm

Yes, raise it from 60 to 65.
78%
No, keep it at 60.
22%

Total votes : 41

Should the Level Requirement Change?

Postby bill » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:23 pm

The level limit is currently level 60. Should we change that level limit and if so, do we want to move it up or down?
bill

Postby Ranjaling » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:35 pm

Voted yes, I would like to let it remain 60 for the remainder of the year though and to raise requirements on Jan. 1st
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Senyla » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:03 pm

Yes, and what ranja said :)
Senyla

Postby spiritlove » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:06 pm

<---------- not actively playing atm /cry but yes raising it would be cool.
~Spiritlove~ :assshaking:
70 Cleric
spiritlove

Postby Eubedyen » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:56 pm

Ranjaling wrote:Voted yes, I would like to let it remain 60 for the remainder of the year though and to raise requirements on Jan. 1st

Dang shorty you read my mind
Eubedyen

Postby phishn00 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:59 pm

What's the benefit of raising it?
phishn00

Postby Serano » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:05 pm

I can't think of any benifit to raising it. I can do non instanced content for valid experiance down to a level 46 player. so long as they don't get aggro.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Nennie » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:09 pm

phishn00 wrote:What's the benefit of raising it?

What's the benefit of having one at 60? Mainly so there are more people to group with your level range. Most of the people I see on are 65+, so will make it easier to get guild groups.

Looking ahead I believe you need to be 65 to enter Time. This will make it easier I think when we get in there to get them alt keyed to gear them up for the later content when we start farming Time. And like it was said in another post that I asked, the majory of the members will raid.

I like 65 because you aren't really demanding they be maxed, but able to come with us to raids, and be a bigger help. I don't think flags should ever be required, cause we are constantly moving forward, and if they can handle waiting till we break into the content with ease, they'll benefit from not having to go through the tedious flagging system.

"This is our last dance...THIS IS OUR LAST DANCE...THIS IS OURSELVES...Under Pressure!"
Nennie

Postby Ranjaling » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:19 pm

For the areas we are currently doing and will be focused on soon, how many level 60 warriors can step in and tank Xegony when a MT goes down? How many lvl 60 casters can land slows/nukes/mezzs on anything outside of VT, SSra, and other soon to be or already trivial stuff we do?

How many level 60 members would be chosen for a raid-in slot over a 65-70 toon for Time, regardless of time in the guild?

Getting to 65 isn't requiring peeps to raid like requiring they have flags but it puts them on par of being capable to fill their role when called upon. IMO

65 is cake for players these days to reach. Look at your hero Phishn (six b0x0r r0x0r) :jester
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Ranjaling

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:53 pm

For the areas we are currently doing and will be focused on soon, how many level 60 warriors can step in and tank Xegony when a MT goes down? How many lvl 60 casters can land slows/nukes/mezzs on anything outside of VT, SSra, and other soon to be or already trivial stuff we do?

The issue I have with this statement is it leads back to required raiding.

The real issue here is, will a level 60 warrior with no flags be happy in a guild like TF at our present state vs. a 65 warrior with no flags.

Put raiding out of your mind atm. Yes, that's part of the issue, but not the whole thing.
bill

Postby Ekibyo Drakmord » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:13 pm

Depends.

Are you going to kick out anyone below 65 once you raise the requirement? If so then i'll probably get booted. :boxing

I have a way of not levelling up for months and months. Took me a full year to get from level 50 to level 60.
Ekibyo Drakmord

Postby Ranjaling » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:16 pm

Heh, Guess I'm just thinking to much Bill.

I tend to think of worst case scenarios to often and /imagines a pile of our fatty SK's, Skex, Way, Binick, & Oerin laying on the ground in front of me, slain by Eub's Elemental Essence of Air mob and all that remains is lvl 60 X-plate class between me and a dirt nap LOL.

It's fine by me either way actually. I'm easy

Nobody would get kicked out Ekib :)
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Ranjaling

Postby Aboobaka » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:08 pm

Nobody will be kicked out due to level
Aboobaka

Postby Madokvaur » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:49 pm

The thing I see as a benefit is that we (Tribal Fury) are the only guild that is in the contnet we are in that has a level 60 min requirement. That means every new toon coming up through the levels, we will be the first guild for those new people to app to and we will need to teach everyhting to them because they were never in a real raiding guild. As a raid leader. do you really want to continually go over basic raiding skills? They join check us out, take everything they learned, get there backflags ( :banging: ) and gear they obtained and move on. I see this as a revolving door kinda scenario. It also make it easier for other guilds to Power level a toon to 60 (not it is that much harder to get to 65) and have them join us as a spy (not that happens or anything).

As a guild grows, my point was always that you take the average level of the main characters and round down to the nearest 5th level to show growth and advancement. Most players are in this level range (average :razz )and are experienceing the same type content. I would venture to say the average level of our mains is probably 69, based on the last several raids i have been on.

Also, when you have a large grp of lower level toons (60-65) it really divides a guild in two grps. <<<< bad. :boxing

Overall, IMHO, the benefits of increasing the minimum level far outweigh the few benefits of having the min level at 60. to maintaing guild stability and focus.
Madokvaur

Postby phishn00 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:17 pm

I still fail to see how it will actually benefit us. It will mean fewer apps.

Have we been recently (or ever for that matter) been hurt by having too many apps under 65? Have we ever wiped on raids because of too many new members under 65?

Please, point to one negative thing that has ever happened to TF due to too many people under 65.

Basically, this is an exclusive rule, when we need to be as inclusive as possible. We're still a good 20+ raiders short of being able to plow through TRC and Coir with np. If you think we're going to get a bunch of random fully flagged lvl 70's just come along and decide to app, that ain't gonna happen.
Last edited by phishn00 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phishn00

Next

Return to Guild Policies