Quest Forum guidelines and recommendations

Quest ideas, and sign up for quest scheduling in the thread.

Moderator: Officers

Quest Forum guidelines and recommendations

Postby Serano » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:22 am

Welcome to the NEW Tribal Fury Quest Forum.

I would like to see Tribal members help each other on quests and not feel out there flapping with one wing when it comes to quest support, completion and groupage.

In order to best facilitate the completion of Everquest quests please use this forum as a place to discuss quest Strategy, assist each other in completing quests, and reccomend useful, unussual, easy, interesting or obscure quests to each other. Some walkthrus will be moved to our guild Library or War room if appropriate for archiving.

To best assist each other in completing quests, and assist the guild in determining what to organize please us this forum in the following ways:

For 1.5 epic guidance for hits greater than 3 groups click here first: http://www.tribalfury.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7465

:bluejump Use the quest forum, if not Open or members to arrange for quest completion GROUPS or multiple group hits i.e. RAIDS. If there are quests or quest events that can be completed with a group or less, or three groups or less, Or require a raid force but not solo - those are a great thing to set up specific DATES for on your own using the quest forum. Simply post the DATE and time that you would like to form a group to accomplish X. As the Guild is raiding on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights - you would be best served for organizing your quest hits/groups earlier than 8 PM EST on those nights or on other nights completely.

:bluejump POST walkthrus or links to quests that you think others may find interesting.

:bluejump Ask questions pertaining to quests you are working on or heard about.

:bluejump give advice to someone on a quest they are doing or considering

:bluejump Update quest completion checklists as they are established. There are some quests that we as a quild are working towards, namely key quests - but there are other instances - Chardok B quests is an example

:bluejump Any posts that simply say Epic/quest X with no HIT date/time will likely be moved to the library or war room as appropriate. If it is a personal checklist or hit with no planed date - it will be moved to the player journal forum.

:bluejump And lastly - sign up for other peoples events. Each member that assists others in "I need a group for X" events will more likely see other questers sign up for YOUR events.

Serano-
Last edited by Serano on Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Serano » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:28 pm

ok - updated a couple bullets to reflect our new journal forum and updated our current raid days.

short summery.

if you want a hit that is a three group hit or less - post the date and time for the hit in the subject lline. please post them for days other than tues, thurs, fri or sat unless the hit is before 8 PM EST.

If it is a larger hit than that - post a request for raid on the raid forums request at hit forum or on the current quest raids which seem to have become saturdays raids.
Serano
Officer

Postby Meso » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:45 pm

Most times it just is not practical for me to post with a specific time and date for a hit. Thats just setting up for a let down.

More realistic is to post about a hit that is needed, provide whatever info is available (which is useful to anyone else considering the same hit) and instigate some discussion about when and how to git R dun. Deleting posts just because a date isn't specified is crap.
If clutter is the concern old and inactive posts naturally find their way to the bottom of the stack anyhow.
Active topics will be getting responses, updates and bumps to keep them near the top.

I'd hate to post a time for something and not enough show up. I'd hate even more to schedule and run into some issue that prevents me from being there. Wife faction fluctuations dictate that I take pot luck and hopefully when i'm online and in need I can gather enough help to succeed.
So by those standards I can't post the hits i need here??
I've got things i'd like to do that maybe others are interested in also. No set time, but when it shows to fit lets do it.

Irritates me when posts are deleted. I'm not just interested in my own goals. I've looked here so see what others are up to.

It ain't happening if a date isn't attached to it? When did we join the military??
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

lol

Postby bill » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:39 pm

Irritates me when posts are deleted.

It irritates me when I have to go thru 40+ posts of bullshit to find what I am looking for.

If someone wants to post some discussion, let them. All Serano was askin was to keep this clean and follow a couple standards.

If one wishes not to post, then don't. Simple enough.

So by those standards I can't post the hits i need here??
I've got things i'd like to do that maybe others are interested in also. No set time, but when it shows to fit lets do it.

Did you read Serano's post?

We have a player journal to post whatever the hell we want. That seems to suit your needs fine and is exactly as accessible as this thread is.

The difference? This is the place for ppl to post "Hey, meeting at 9pm next tuesday for some bearded clam, see you there."

Not "Hey, Bearded clams, I need em. Let's do em some time."

That post tells us you need something, but no idea when.

Here's a hint, if its hard for YOU to give a time, how in hell can you expect ppl to plan to help you?

Wanna be like me and wait 14 months? I am in the same boat as you. I had to sell my soul to the devil for my epic hits. I waited and waited and waited, because I couldn't set a time.

Since my epic hit...I've learned something. No matter how much resources TF puts forward to helping our members, it won't be enough.

You need to push things you want. Afraid of failure by missing your start time or not getting enough ppl? Winners never give up on their first try.

Keep at it. Keep at it. Keep at it. I harrassed ppl for a while for doing Evil don tier 1. Eventually, I conned ppl into it, then failed a few more times trying to find the right team (at random btw) and the right amount of time (ran out of time a few times).

I mean this post with total love. Just respect the man's idea here.

If you want, post all the info about Bearded Clams in your journal and link to it as needed when you wish to post about it.

Just some thoughts, I don't like to see the frustration and I know you had a post deleted on you which while not feeling bad about it, I am responsible.

a 4-page error thread is ridiculous, it needed cleaning.

Serano, feel free to delete this post.
bill

Postby Meso » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:33 am

:sad: But, . . . I don't like bearded clams.
Now beardless clams . . . :thumbup

Really didn't mean to stir the pot so hard.

The Mujaki thread was moved (thanks for not deleting it)

We have other paladins needing this event and if I can help them not to stumble over the trouble I had with it . . . .
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Serano » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:54 am

It took 1 1/2 years for someone other than me to reply to this unlocked thread. wow.
Serano
Officer

Postby phishn00 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:59 am

More realistic is to post about a hit that is needed, provide whatever info is available (which is useful to anyone else considering the same hit) and instigate some discussion about when and how to git R dun.

Best solution to that Oerin is shoot a tell to an officer. We usually have a pretty good idea about the schedule and best times to do things, and can help set things up or decide on a time and date if necessary
phishn00

Postby Serano » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:20 pm

Issue is posting a discussion about a said topic - with a dozen peeps doing that - but no one actually scheduling the mini hits - gets everyone - no where. Quest discussions are actually welcome here. but when it is your hit - tell peeps when YOU can be there - and the ones that CAN be there can schedule it. If you dont' say when to do it - no one can schedule it except for those that never log off. (that can kill you by the way).
Serano
Officer

Postby phishn00 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:16 pm

As of now, we're gonna be nuking posts that don't follow the guidelines. It's difficult enough to coordinate all these hits without all the spam, please make sure to read through the guidelines before posting. If you don't have a date / time and mob info on your post, it will be deleted.

Thanks
phishn00

Return to Quest Discussion