Not in college...

For enthe. All creative pics / poems go here for the poets and artists out there.

Moderator: Officers

Not in college...

Postby Wazilla » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:14 am

Deconstruction anybody? Derrida? Kant? Pascal? hell, Plato, Socrates?

any philosopher, Lit Crit discussion? I'm not in college (yet ARGH) and my head is spinning! I need to put some of my knowledge to use in a discussion! and believe me some of these things are very, how you say... "Kreative"
Wazilla

Postby Serano » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:21 pm

Plato is cool. I think Everquest is a good representation of his alegory of the cave.

So crates. hes hip. drinks bad drinks tho - I wouldn't recomend Hemlock Cocktail on anyone. I have found that my wife is not very responsive to Socratic teaching tho. Funny thing about answering questions with leading questions - helping peeps learn stuff they can figure out for themselves. APparently that doesn't mix with marriage.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Wazilla » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:30 pm

Socrates' famous last words...

"I drank WHAT!?!?!?"

the arguement that knowledge comes from within is a bit limited though because in order to lead a person to knowledge dont you have to have it yourself first? It's like any teacher does anyways, they know the answer but you have to do the work to find it yourself.

and yes, answering questions with questions is bad :) then you just sound like a smart ass
Wazilla

Postby Serano » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:46 pm

its possible that the knowledge really isn't there for you to find in yourself - but then, if you are answering leading questions - the answers are still from you. The teacher (if they are good at that technique) really are just making you think thru your questions. Hell Most of the times the answers to your questions really are evidant in the question itself. Asking the question means you are on the right track to figuring it out your own self but are too lazy to apply yourself.

My Prophet - Richard Bach is a firm believer in relearning what you already know. Read Seagull and Illusions - both take less than an hour to read. There is some good stuff in both of thems.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Return to Kreative Righting