Yes or No, Moving of DKP Possible with 50% penalty~

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Should a player be allowed to move DKP from one toon to another with a 50% penalty up to once per month?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:24 am

YES, players should be able to shift DKP to any of their toons with a 50% penalty
50%
NO, policy should remain the same and DKP is bound to the character that earned it unless otherwise specified.
50%

Total votes : 34

Postby cywair » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:36 pm

Ya know what, i think if there is special reason, legit ones at that, why do we have to write a fookin rule about it? And second why punish someone for hard work they have put in, if it is a legit request much like amd moving crap over to the wizzy and or his main why not do it?

When i brought my main into the guild and retired cywair, i was givin permission to request all that DKP moved over to tunz dkp account. I understand 120 people hopping up and down wanting to move dkp around isnt cool and a huge amount of time and energy, but really now this shouldnt be a huge thing. nor should he loose 50% of dkp he earned busting his ass for the better greatness of the guild and giving us some kick ass raids.

I mean if you want to impose the 50% why? why 50% and not 10%, 20% 30% 40% 90%? Was a percentage even voted on?? Whats the reasoning for doing it? is it to make people flintch at the idea of losing half thier dkp so they dont ask? Thats the only thing i can come up with. It's much like Sony slapping that fee to move toons around to other servers and other accounts. If it were free sony would have to hire a hole move toon section to thier already busy staff (LAUGH).

I like the idea of waiting or a time limit, and maybe a 10% deal, and a board that posts it so that requests can be made, and when it's possible the move is made within 15 days or so of request as not to overload the one adjusting the points.
TUNZ 70 Bard

And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
cywair

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Interestingly enough the % was picked by Zyzz I think as an arbitrary example. I can't disagree with anything I've read so far.

you were allowed to move your points to Tunz from Cywair at the same time Invisus moved all his points to Amadus.

The jury is stil out on this one, we'll have to refine this idea before we can go further. Thanks for the input so far gang.
bill

Postby Krysstian » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:25 pm

Question:
Ya know what, i think if there is special reason, legit ones at that, why do we have to write a fookin rule about it?

Answer:
I understand 120 people hopping up and down wanting to move dkp around isnt cool and a huge amount of time and energy

It's so that people don't come up with "legit reasons" to move their dkp around. We have no way to check the "legitness" of a request other than logging their toon on and looking through their bank. For instance; say that someone just joined the guild, made most of the raids for a couple of months, then found a "legit reason" to move all of their dkp to their new bard main, then outbid you on everything bard useable, then up and left the guild after gearing up two of their alts through us. I bet you'd be pissed that the leadership would allow something like that to happen. I'm thinking people would get pissed that the management didn't forsee something like this and come up with rules to avoid this kind of thing. Should this be passed by the members, the rules are in place to protect people. If they know that they'll take a %50 drop in dkp for moving a main, they'll have to make sure that's what they REALLY want to do and not because they spent a couple of weeks leveling their mage to 60 but got tired of being yelled at for their pet. Should this be passed by the member, those rules will be in place to avoid just such an occurence.

The officers don't receive any special favors. They're members just like everyone else, bound by the same rules, only with less priveleges and more stress.
Krysstian

hah

Postby bill » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:28 pm

Amen brotha K!
bill

Postby Jamjum » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:37 pm

after thinkin about this overnight I pretty much second that.

I'd suggest at LEAST 6 months
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby Krysstian » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:38 pm

:thankyou:

I've been waiting to use that emote for months :)
Krysstian

ok

Postby bill » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:55 pm

So far the policy change's chances are looking favorable.

However, I want to let everyone know that we will be deciding on the amount of time separately so that the two issues aren't confused.

After we decide its an ok thing, we can decide how often will also be ok.

After that, I think it should be, ok! hehe
bill

Postby Erikochan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:19 pm

Voted no : players should stick with their character (in my opinion). If they choose to switch, they should be willing to put in extra effort so they can show they're serious about it, instead of being whimsical saying "oh this will be my main today" :)
Erikochan

Postby Serano » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:28 pm

Our change if any will not necessisairly reflect the polled question. the discussion is what we were looking for.

A brief run down of our new policy:
All deguilded toons' points go to Serano
Anyone that wants to move points gets to do so but a mirror immage of those points also go to Serano and whoever is my "friend of the month"

Details on the friend of the month club forthcomming.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Krysstian » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:39 pm

How much for a friend of the month spot? Your usual 20k, I assume? :)
Krysstian

Postby cywair » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:54 pm

welp tonight you get all my point's, i just cant deal with everytime someone speaks thier mind it has to become a huge issue, and not everyone logs in just to decieve the officers, your hard nosed attacks on anything anyone brings up are suck ass, and kryst you can suck my balls! Have fun with the guild
:finger blow me
TUNZ 70 Bard

And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
cywair

Postby Aboobaka » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:20 am

How about a yearly free move and moves with penalty otherwise. 2 weeks out of the year, anyone can have 1 free move. Otherwise, ya pay the price. Notice how unphazed I am at the previous post. I guess after so long, ya just become numb :razz
Aboobaka

Postby Krysstian » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:26 am

Tunz, sorry, man. That really wasn't meant as a personal attack, bro. I was just making a point and your post made a handy way to state it. There are probably a lot of people that might be asking the same question, and yet realize that it would be bad if we were to let it go unchecked. If it came across as personal, I apologize. I could have done it without using you as a model, and I can see how that could come across as combative.

I honestly don't think anyone looks for ways to exploit the guild or its policies, but you have to admit that there have been some shady folks that have come through our ranks in the past, then moved on with nothing more than a big FU to us as they left. All we're trying to do is protect our members from the less noble of those people. Would it ever happen if we didn't make the rule? Probably not. Could it happen? Yes, and that's what we're guarding against.

We've always been tight man, you're one of the cats that always cracks me up. If I piss you off, tell me. Well..actually, I guess you did :) And the honesty's appreciated :thumbup

As for sucking your balls, I have one more quote...

Ms. Choksondik
Present them.

/salute!
Krysstian

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:34 pm

bicker.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Hmm

Postby bill » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:01 pm

given the nature of this subject and the relative rarity, we are going to go with a management vote each time this is brought up and deal with them on a case-by-case basis.

If we find that this is too loose and that requests are too frequent, we'll restrict things. After 1 extenuating circumstance, eyebrows shall rise.

Thanks EVERYONE for their input and thoughts here, even if it seemed like bickering ;)

If anyone feels strongly about this one feel free to PM me.
bill

Previous

Return to Guild Policies