Yes or No, Moving of DKP Possible with 50% penalty~

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Should a player be allowed to move DKP from one toon to another with a 50% penalty up to once per month?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:24 am

YES, players should be able to shift DKP to any of their toons with a 50% penalty
50%
NO, policy should remain the same and DKP is bound to the character that earned it unless otherwise specified.
50%

Total votes : 34

Postby Meso » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:09 pm

50% is way harsh, but somewhat understandable.
It's also understandable if someone wants to switch main toons. This is generally in the best interest of the guild if it gives the player more interest and in turn maybe becomes more useful to the guild as a whole.
On the flip side I've known those that are constantly switching mains. But then again these folks are so bored they eventually switch themselves out of the game altogether, and then go on to bore themselves with some other game.

I'd suggest allowing for anyone a one time only 100% penalty free transfer. It doesn't really hurt anyone else, why not?

Special consideration can also be given for situations beyond the players control. This is not the first or last case of missing gear. You do have to be extremely persistant with customer service though. Canned first response is "too bad, have a nice day"
I don't know the history or if there was a chance that the toon was pilfered by someone that knew the password, or hacked, or whatever . . .
But it's a classic "special case"

Aside from a "one time only" or "special" case, any other could be allowed with a penalty. Even still 50% is high.

Maybe those penalty points could be auctioned to the guild for PP to the guild bank?
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Jamjum » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:21 pm

do it in 20 DKP blocks, and just let remainders in, but 20 min.

so you have 116 points.. you move the 50 and get the 16.. 66 DKP..

if you dont raid much on a character cause you dont like it, so you decide to use a different alt as your raid character (preferably clerics wizzies and bards!), you may only have .. i dont know, say 32 DKP. Same thing

Move 32 as follows.. 20DKP block gives 10, the leftover 12 points just get added. So your raid character will have 22. Etc etc.

Remainder DKP would only be moved if your doing a COMPLETE DKP move. You cant say.. hey I wanna move 39 DKP to my alt. (that would give your alt 29 dkp at the cost of 10.. not gonna happen).

Auction off the DKP sounds ... like the rich get richer.
Last edited by Jamjum on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Q

Postby bill » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:26 pm

That last post made no sense to me at all Q, was that you trying to understand the proposal or was that a suggestion or??

Ahh, let me think...

116 by proposed rules would be 58 DKP. By Q's, it would be 66DKP.

Gotcha
Last edited by bill on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Postby Jamjum » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:29 pm

it was a suggestion it got cut off before i posted it all.. strange. I edited it.

God it happened again wtf.

Note the above would allow REALLY low DKP amounts (19 or less), to simply be moved if that was ALL the DKP you had, without penalty.
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby Meso » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:40 pm

that made my brain hurt :spank
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Teennin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:45 pm

All DKP should be supject to penalty
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Jamjum » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:47 pm

okay I'll repost it..

keep in mind I have NO say its just a suggestion folks! Can be fully implented.. partially.. or NOT AT ALL!

As is you want to move your DKP over from one character to the next (usually changing main/raider).

As Bill stated, I have used a 50% penalty. Not to say that can/wont change. I'm not in charge, but its what i have to work with..

You move your DKP in 20 point blocks, a 2-1 ratio. 1st character loses 20 points, 2nd gains 10.. lose 20 gain 10 etc etc etc.

If your actually switching mains and are ZEROING the DKP on character 1, the process is the same, but any EXCESS DKP (19 or less), will not be charged.

note: I'd say if your zeroing your character for another one the penalty should only be about 30% So 20 DKP = 14 for a total move.
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:56 pm

ever seen Billy Madison when Billy was in the final trivia challenge vs Eric and Billy told the story of the puppy?

My take is that this should NOT be allowed monthy but every 6 months or so.

And its ALL or NOTHING.

This is gonna be a fucking nightmare for admin and ppl wanting to throw points here and there to this toon or that toon.

This shouldnt be to let ppl pass dkp to their fire flagged lv 55 SK alt...it should be for the situation that arose just like Invs/ PHishns...not to fucj around with your points.

This needs to be easy and NOT complex...50% penalty and leave it at that.

I think its allowed every 6 months to prevent dkp hopping and drive ppl to keep with their mains.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

yeah

Postby bill » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:00 pm

This kind of thing will be absolute. Not in chunks, you are either switching mains and moving the points or you aren't.

I was gonna go 6months as well but I figure I don't want to make someone wait 4-5 months to help us now.

This proposal is not to allow people to move their DKP over toons and spread it around. This proposal is so that ppl in Phishn's situation can do something about it.

How many one-time chances to ppl get? Invisus already moved 100% of his DKP to Amadus with a 0% penalty. That's a one-time chance if you ask me.
bill

Postby Jamjum » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:05 pm

1 time per month is definitely overdoing it.

if its all or nothing ... dont put a penalty on it. Make it 1 time per year without freak circumstances. (Like when Qurillanea disappeared from my character list the other night. That was scary.)
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby phishn00 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:08 pm

Aye, I'm not looking for any special exemptions. If I hadn't lost half my gear, I'd still be on Amadus for every raid. But life is always throwing unexpected shit at you, so changing my main again is the best solution I've been able to come up with.

And in case anyone is concerned, I've brought a wizzie through Time before, so this isn't some new alt that I have no clue how to play. My number one objective, as always, is to help the guild.
phishn00

Postby Jamjum » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:21 pm

Aye, you can be uber as any class, just not as uber as rangers and bards.
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Postby Ranjaling » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:26 pm

All or Nothing + 50% penalty sounds good to me. It would make people think seriously about abusing this option and still pretty much discourage people ping-ponging mains/alts.

Some people enjoy playing more than one toon which is great but most just play them and earn each toon its own DKP.

IE: Teennan, Waystin, Nokken, Ruuvdar, Atris, Taniquel, etc.

Without harsh penalties or restrictions then people not only would abuse it by gearing up one toon then switching mains but you'd see potential cases where say Drannor could send all his DKP to Waystin the night before RZtW raid so he could gather more bidding power on Blade of War.

Invisus's case is kinda different but if we set a standard now for all, then whatever that rule becomes, should fall into place under all circumstances other than possibly your account being stolen completely and having to start EQ all over.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Madokvaur » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:39 pm

I agree with being able to switch at a 50% penalty, but I would make it like 1 transfer every 3 months. It definately could end up being a adminstration nightmare.
Madokvaur

finally!

Postby bill » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:50 pm

I am with you Madok. It seems we will have to determine the appropriate length of time between moves in a separate thread.

6 months and 3 months sound reasonable to me. 1 month does not sound reasonable.
bill

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Policies