Droppable loot reserved for usables or not?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Droppable loot FFA for bidding regardless of class?

yup
54%
nope
46%

Total votes : 35

Postby Musso » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:33 pm

If nobody wants it that can use it, I think anybody should be able to bid on it.. If thats what you mean
Musso

Postby Serano » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:20 pm

nothing prevents a person from linking in their bid what they are upgrading - thus offering the other players the option of not bidding against you if it is an upgrade. I think I saw ONE person bid with what they were upgrading and everyone stopped bidding.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Ranjaling » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:47 pm

I kind of hung back to see how this thread would play out. Without DoN, OoW, and us about to be raiding EP's I would be voting no all the way but... here was my expression last week and I go on further to.

I voted yes mainly because of where this guild is in regards to gear and content. I'd say over 95% of the time any droppable gear (minus ornate molds, BoC, Flayed Barb leggings, Zek helm, & maybe couple more things) is not going to really be much of an upgrade, if at all, for any mains.

There's no way to know peeps intentions with items and why let a certain class simply have something for free when most likely they have all intentions of either selling it or using it on an alt themselves. I say make them earn the drop and let peeps spend their DKP if they want to.

The only exception I could possibly see in this is perhaps when it comes to molds/runes because these are still items that are "needed" by intended classes. Rangers shouldn't be bidding on Plate Molds nor Warriors bidding on Runes. Everything else I would say fuk it, turn the bidding loose.

Outside of molds, MOST things are not going to be upgrades to anything other than alts or new mains. As Serano mentioned with the Zek helmet. Which is better? Let a class only item go to someone for free that will in turn prolly sell it off or let Kaylar or some other caster at least bid on it so they could buy runes for their missing spells?

By letting everyone bid on dropable stuff it's basically allowing more chances for the guild as a whole to better itself. Items=upgrades, PP=upgrades, They are one in the same IMO since the end result equals a potential improvement of sorts to more of the majority rather than a single class.

I would sooner see a caster sell a Horn of Hsagra for rune/item upgrade (helps guild) than to default it to some Warrior to throw on his/her twink Rogue alt (doesn't help).

People spending their DKP HELPS the more casual raiders IMO for the times they will really need those points on no-drop VT/EP gear.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Madokvaur » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:19 am

Bilnick wrote:SEoC is a no drop item, only usable classes would bid.

I know the SEOC is no drop, but it can be MQ'd for some good plat (I MQd an SSoC for 10k, so the SEOC could easily fetch 30-40k) . If the entire point here is that every1 has the right to bid on everthing to sell for plat to upgrade themselves then it is feasible that the situation I explained could happen. I hope it wouldn't but it could. Especially if it happens when someone is thinking of leaving the guild the following week and dump all there DKP for 1 last item. As I stated this is probably the worst case scenario.

Maybe if that type of situation would occur, an officer or raid leader could step in and say only rangers who need can bid this time, but where do you draw the line.

The only way to see how it pans out is to implement it and watch what happens. If it seems like it is not working out, you can always change the policy in the future. I do like Serano's point of bidding and put upgrade or link the item to show you are bidding for an upgrade.

Also maybe when an item like the BoC drops it should belong to the guild and lent out to the tank for that evenings raid and returned. Just a thought.
Madokvaur

Postby Serano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:08 am

the concept of having a "guild" item that was lent out came out before - really items aren't as important to a guild let alone "this guild" than peeps. having extra items that are tracked and loaned just isnt worth it IMO. Part of the reason to have DKP instead of our old god looting system is that it puts the choice on the members not the officers - you guys get to choose your own adventure.

so far as quest drops - Only those that need the quest drop will loot it - and so far as quest drops on "raids," they are to date - looted for future MQ at no DKP charge. depending on the rarity. SSoC were rotting by the time we stopped doing Sky much. I am still sitting on an amy whip and zerker MQ from Fear. We even have a MQ thread in quests forum. ( that reminds me I need to get my wife some Thurg faction so I can MQ her the 2-3 leather drops I am sitting on from KD)

HOWEVER, what you guys do on pick up raids or groups is up to you.
Serano
Officer

Postby Ranjaling » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:17 am

SEoC does not apply to this. Just like Bilnick said, it is not a dropable loot therefore would not even be considered for open bidding.

If a SEoC or SSoC dropped at a raid then it would go ONLY to Rangers. If no Ranger was there that needed then it would be looted by an officer to MQ to a GUILD Ranger later. End of story

I think the guild god looting a BoC as a lender would just cause even worse problems. People who were at the raid deserve to bid on what drops from that raid.

Drannor has a point on the DoN crystals to except BoC would still be the wep of choice from 60-69 until the tank could use the anger augs or gets a Bloodfrenzy or Hategiver.

BoC, Ornate Molds, & Muramite Runes are the only DROPABLE items IMO that should be restricted.

EDIT - lol damn Serano beat me to the reply =P
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

seoc

Postby Lemme » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:46 am

I dont want to change my dkp into pp. Using seoc just as an example (I realize it wouldnt be open to bidding), if you bid your 40 dkp on it, I wouldnt even think of bidding 41. Heck, if you bid 10 I wouldnt even think about it. Maybe if it was going for 1 dkp I would think about bidding for it in case I ever start playing my ranger again. Even then I would have to wonder about whether I needed faction to do the turn in, so when you topped my bid of 2 I probably wouldnt bid again.

Im with Serano, I dont see this as a high dkp vs low dkp thing. If anything it smooths out the highs and lows. Instead of going for one dkp to the one class there that can use it (but maybe is just going to be sold), it now is bid on anyone who has a desire to sell it.

Allowing everyone to bid on dropables takes away the guilt, the drama, and all off the questions as to whether something is an upgrade....doesnt that make the game more fun? ...doesnt that make the officers jobs easier?
Lemme

Postby Serano » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:54 am

yah - I mean really the idea is that at this point as criploc pointed out - droppable loots are more like a cash loot than an upgrade. OK --- THERE are some peeps that the dropable loots are upgrades for. shrug. I can't keep track of 140 peeps magelos. I don't know who would be interested in using an inard string bow from Bert mini kings - seems like crap to me.
Serano
Officer

Postby arielyn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:18 am

i say yes, because of this.

99% of the time, when someone is bidding for a droppable item with intent to sell, if they realize that the person they are bidding against could use it as an upgrade, they back down.

lets face it. most people won't bid more than 10-15 dkp on an item to sell. Maybe for something like Blade of Carnage, you might blow 25 pts, cuz its worth a chunk of change, but 25 points = 8 raids = alot of time invested = id rather save those points for a sweet upgrade in VT rather than 100k.

and ornate molds? hell, their prices are dropping faster than michael jackson's hand on a 10 year old. i know if this system was introduced, i might throw out a 5 point bet for a mold, but thats about it. I'm sure alot of the *higher* dkp people like myself feel the same way. Think about it. Anyone who has 100+ dkp is not stressing 20kpp. i'm sure a lot of people who are in that crowd would rather have the DKP to spend on some phatty no drop items, rather than sell something for 20k.

Ultimately i see it like this.

Droppable items should be bidable by all classes. This thread has mentioned blade of carnage from AoW.

Lets pretend all our warriors already have one. So its left up to the few other classes to buy it. So, since theres only 4 other people on the raid that can use it, we bid for it. I bid 15 points for it. No one else wants to waste the points, and i win. Sweet, i now have a 100k sword.

thank god that bards are on the useable classes for BoC.

I really think this is just a case of play nice. If i see say drannor, bidding against eamilie on an ornate plate mold, i would probably send him a tell asking why. I have done it many times before. If drannor really needs cash bad enough to bid against someone that could use it as an upgrade, well, ultimately it helps the guild. Drannor has put in his time and energy over the years. Thats what DKP reflects. Yes, some people are more hard core about raiding, but thats what DKP is. Its a reflection of how hard and how much time you've put into the guilds progression. And as goofy and I argued a while back, DKP should be free to spend on whatever. If i bid on a Blade of Carnage, I could seriously upgrade arielyn by the profits for selling it. its not greed, its bettering yourself. HOWEVER, i also know that if i was bidding against Rhaven, i would drop out, because having Rhaven have one of these in his hand would be a huge upgrade to our raids. And i know alot of people think the same way about it.

seriously, when was the last time you saw someone bid against someone who needed an item as an upgrade. If anything, people who want to sell it, will throw in small bets, see who bids, and drop out if there is interest in the item.

i guess it just comes down to common sence. If eamile throws out a 10 dkp bid for an ornate breastplate and can use it as an upgrade, then think twice about throwing out that 20dkp bet so you can sell it. Would you rather have 20k, or a cleric that will be better equipped to save yer ass when you gank agro from a nasty mob.

besides, like i said. Most of us in the *richer* dkp position don't really need 20k. we'd rather have the dkp to bid on that neckpiece from Aten.

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

ok

Postby bill » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:45 pm

Its looking like we are gonna have open bidding on droppable loot.

How much longer do we keep this poll open for?
bill

hmm

Postby bill » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:17 pm

After last night's bidding FRENZY on ornate drops...

I'm going to repost this voting poll and see how it pans out since this one was only 16 yes to 14 no. That's 1 vote from a tie. Last night may sway that decision.
bill

Postby Madokvaur » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:55 pm

Bump just FYI here is the discussion
Madokvaur

Previous

Return to Guild Policies