Warriors

Moderator: Officers

Postby Bilnick » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:00 pm

Or it could be a three month old post.
Bilnick
Officer

Re: hey

Postby Slid » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:02 pm

bill wrote:Angy, you there? The BoC would be a free upgrade to my secondary weapon.

Also, I use a HG already, I've linked it to you a bunch of times.

This post makes me think this isn't the original owner of Angy.

Thats because this isnt the owner of Angy :)
Slid

haha

Postby bill » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:19 pm

OMG wow, I am losing my mind.

Ok, I was thinking that was Angy the whole time I was like WTH?

ok, so here's my reply to the REAL author lol.

Click my magelo on Waystin. ;)

EDIT
This post makes me think this isn't the original owner of Angy.

At least I thought something was wrong haha.
Last edited by bill on Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bill

Postby Slid » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:24 pm

Get the DoN Axe to replace your 2ndary :)
Slid

yeah

Postby bill » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 pm

That would be hot. Crystals, wtb!
bill

Postby Skexis » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:01 am

Totally unrelated to the BoC vs other wep discussion.. i noticed a remark about Immune to magic proc mobs.. Just wanted our tanks to be clear.. Reguardless if a mob is immune to or resists a proc.. The proc builds the SAME agro as if it had landed for full...... also semi related to this...Mobs that are immune to Non-Bane melee.. Swing agro is almost as good as actually hitting the mob... so in short.. when tanking a mob like Emp/Seru its better to use your best agro/Fastest Weps over a bane wep.. unless ya got your banes decked out with Killer Augs... Trying to tank with bane usually = Piss Poor Agro.. and results in PING PONG. .....Don't get me wrong it is doable.. just no reason to unless your Bane weps > your Agro weps....
Skexis

Aggro Questions

Postby Forco » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:15 pm

Ok
Forco is my first toon ever. I knew squat about EQ when I started him and then stopped playing him for a long time. I've been playing EQ for about 1 1 1/2. I started a druid because I could solo. Then I got tired of the Druid because I could for my level 55 go anywhere within reason and do mostly as I pleased. I started playing Forco again at level 20 ish when a friend was playing her alt and haven't stopped since.
Now, I have a few questions regarding aggro.

I believe that I am doing what I should ( Except for 15 AA's I totally blew on stats at the beginning because I was trying to "Fix" my character creation screwups) as far as getting all my defensive AA's.
Look Here
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1234247

However, I find myself more and more in a position where I have to chase a mob down because someone grabbed aggro from me.
At first I thought well, there's not much I can do about that, I hit taunt and incite, I have my aggro weaps, and all my skills are capped, and there's nothing, no formula, no magic ,etc that can improve this. That person must have screwed up somehow...

Then I ran into a post
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13833
where this guy is talking about + this and - that and so on and I went to
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... php?t=6806
and see that there IS indeed a magic and all that to it.

So I figured I would come to you all and ask for clarification. How do you all get and hold aggro? Especially in a group setting where you don't have a chance to build up aggro.
Yesterday at RCoD a bard was pulling (He died twice). He is a very good bard from prior experience with him. But no matter what I did IF he got near the mob after he brought it to camp, it would go nuts on him. EVEN at 20% health it would turn on him.

How does aggro work?
What is it checked against?
How do you add it up?

Thanks for any help you can give
Forco
I'm a GM!

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:31 pm

Creater doesn't drop BLoodfrenzy - Cursed does.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

agro

Postby Lemme » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:54 pm

Gah, my post disappeared.

Talk to one of our warriors. Do you get an agro disc?

Cant see magelo at work, are you using two low delay weapons? Have agro procs on them?

What you are running into is/was a problem. At one time, sks/pallys were prefered tanks for exp groups because they could hold agro better than warriors. It could also be the other group members fault too, they need to control their agro.
Lemme

Postby Ayragon » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:11 pm

why can't you see magelo at work? does it show up as all squares and crap? If so you need to set "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy server"
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

at work

Postby Lemme » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:25 am

Thanks, that was it Ayragon.

Think the real issue is that I shouldnt even be looking at this when Im at work. Already using the boss's password to get past the firewall anyway, didnt really want to ask people at work why a game site was not showing up correctly.
Lemme

ok

Postby bill » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:55 pm

Forco is using:

Main~ BoC (without augment)
Secondary~ splitblade of destruction with 50-75dmg fire proc augment (heated blade).

No aggro augments. You only have 1 700-hate proc working for you.

Waystin is using 2 700-hate procs and 2 600-hate procs.

Furthermore, you'll want to work on Weapon Affinity to get your proc rate up. Work on these things until the problem isn't holding aggro as much as taking hits. Then you'll be rockin :guitar
bill

Postby Forco » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:03 am

Thanks. I have been trying to max out all my defensivie AA's before going to the aggro AA's I think I need 50 something to be done, I was getting about 3-6 a day at 65, but since I went to 66 it's harder to get XP grps and I don't want to miss a raid, so it has slowed down quite a bit. I wonder if I should go for weapon affinity/ambidexterity now or go for defensive and find 3 more procs... :?
Where do you get anger procs?
Forco
I'm a GM!

aas

Postby Lemme » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:19 am

Seems to me that you have most of the defensive ones done. Think the OOW ones are not very cost effective (half a percent added per level?).

Like Bill said, if your issue is not tanking, but holding agro, maybe it is time to do weapon affinity. That or level to 70.
Lemme

ok

Postby bill » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:56 am

Some fundamentals real quick.

LEVELS > AA's (this is coming from someone who does 50/50 religiously)

HP > ALL

AGGRO > TANKING

TANKING > DPS

Anger III augments are found in Everfrost LDoN's. So start plowing and be ready to cash in any aug's you bought that don' do much.

I still use 1 Marble Sphere of Ire in my Hategiver and I use another one in my Obsidian Greatblade.

DoN has an Enraging Blow Augment, check out Waystin's magelo. Its in his secondary weapon. Also, that secondary weapon is purchased via DoN. WORTH THE MONEY!
bill

PreviousNext

Return to Class Specific Discussion