Berserkers

Moderator: Officers

Berserkers

Postby bill » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:46 am

Ok, Serano is claiming you guys are completely worthless as a class.

Please prove him wrong and show us what utility you have. I'm lobbying to open apps for zerker's and Serano is saying to put rogues and rangers in their places.

Show me a reason to put a zerker on a raid instead of a ranger or beastlord or rogue.
bill

Re: Berserkers

Postby kullayen » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:52 am

bill wrote:Show me a reason to put a zerker on a raid instead of a ranger or beastlord or rogue.

With only 2 of them makes it harder when we bet who dies first at Raid.

:wavey
Kullayen
I am not lost and Confused!
I just have no idea where I am or how I got here.
kullayen

Postby konakor » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:01 am

Sadly, we have very little raid utility, if any. We have an insta-snare for kiting that never gets used in raids, but other than dps we really have nothing that sets us apart. We requested an MGB War Cry as part of the class envisionment, we shall see. At least Serano is steadfast in his hate of Berserkers. Not sure where it comes from, but at least he is persistant...
konakor

Postby Lendaanx » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:21 pm

Even with a mgb warcry other then dps/snare/offtank ability we don't bring much. Berserkers once they get epic 1.5 and up weapons become the second highest dps class and can even pass rogues depending on the weapons of the chars.
Lendaanx
Ir Dps
Iegluan Arethousan
Evil Druid
Lendaanx

Postby Brotta » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:30 pm

ROGUES RULE :thumbup and Zerkers Drool.. lol J/k i think there a great class...EX why wouldnt you want a HIGH DPS CLASS in your raid..rather than an over kill of Warriors? Zerkers are just warriors that hit harder and take less hits...its not like every war in the raid is tanking. ( but i am not trying to down play Warriors just trying to say a point) and for all you warriors looking for me i got two words for you....../sneak../hide...LoL
still working on my magelo so bare with the lazy rogue
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=969831
Brotta

Postby Jahras » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:17 pm

from what I gather, berserkers are pretty much tied for the #2 melee dps slot with monks correct? Was just kinda curious what kind of ranged dps you guys do with [url=http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=59998]
Axe of the Destroyer [/url]
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby konakor » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:22 pm

i just got that disc yesterday Jah. Ive only throw a couple times with it, but critted for 212 once. Thats with no throwing AAs. there is a 65 axe tome that drops from a raid mob in a GoD zone that is much better, Tainted Axe of Hatred
konakor

Postby Jahras » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:01 pm

As of yesterday's patch on test, Berserkers can MGB warcry there, and the radius was upped from 60 to 150
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Groogle - Czaemon » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:20 pm

Berserkers even with the TAOH from Ikkinz4 do pretty pathetic ranged dps. On my first zerker, with TAOH and TM1, I did 40 dps, certainly less than an equivelant ranger bowing.

berserkers still have pretty much 0 raid utility, but their dps has gotten better. the one caveat on that is that they need to have pretty high aas, or their dps still sucks.

I would definitely take a rogue over a berserker. I would probably take a ranger or a monk over a berserker. I'd always take an extra warrior over one, but that's just because I've seen wipes because people ran out of tanks far too often.

From observations in anguish/tacvi/qvic, berzerkers can hold up pretty well to rangers and monks, but they definitely aren't in the same class as rogues.

I've only raided with you guys once, so I'm not sure how your numbers are, but if you are nearing full raids usually, I would not admit more zerkers.

If you aren't nearing full raids, something > nothing.
Groogle - Czaemon

Postby konakor » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:10 am

so we have determined that zerkers are better than nothing? is this dude an app? i dont like him... :razz
konakor

Postby Groogle - Czaemon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:50 am

konakor wrote:so we have determined that zerkers are better than nothing?

slightly!
Groogle - Czaemon

Postby Groogle - Czaemon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:57 am

Brotta wrote: Zerkers are just warriors that hit harder and take less hits...

oh, and to go with this.

berserkers do -not- innately hit for more than an equally geared warrior. The -only- differences come with aas (well, and during discs.)

With full OoW aas and a tacvi weapon, I got up to about 400 dps sustained, which really isn't too bad. But -- playing a berzerker before oow aas existed, I was doing about 130 dps with a greatblade of chaos and haste. That was with about 70 aas, all in pre-oow offense basically. A ranger, not aaed, and not even 70 can do ~80-110 dps with a windblade hasted. Unaaed berserkers are definitely subpar.
Groogle - Czaemon

Postby Angyish » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:30 pm

i don't buy that for a second.

i've got a 34 berserker and that guy cranks out dps like nothing else. frenzy = up to what 4 extra attacks? or was it 3? well hex hitting is pretty damn nice. as for rangers shooting and all that shit by the time we leave the EP's our rangers should be doing more dps with their melee weapons.

(i have a ranger friend who was pre EP and did more dps with jiva's sword and VZ's sword) and she had am3 eq and all that shit. i know she was doing more dps with her melee weapons becuase the mobs were dying noticeably faster and um i was having agro issues(looks around and kicks a puppie to draw attention away from the agro stuff).

as for getting said AA's we're almost fire flagged. and our zerkers are um i think brikksx put it best SLACKERS!!!!! but we should get more in here. zerkers rock.

wts serano wtb zerker's they just hack and slash serano just yells at me.
Angyish hatesyouall
\www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1257831
my video (http://media.putfile.com/pactum)
retired
Angyish

Postby Serano » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:53 pm

I don't know where I get this label of hating zerkers. I have no hate for them, it is closer to apathy. They don't bother me - I just can't figure out why someone would play a zerker over a warrior, ranger or Rogue.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Angyish » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:09 pm

becuase zerkers are the 2nd best dps in the game. those are the words of triality peeps. and i was just giving you hell serano.

also to make warrios rouges and rangers uber dps you need to AA the hell out of them.

30 AA not including the prerequisite AA;s? for am 3 and eq? rouges its all in the weapons and the ablity to press backstab when it pops up(grats your a monkey) and why would be a warrior when you could be a shadowknight. =P
Angyish hatesyouall
\www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1257831
my video (http://media.putfile.com/pactum)
retired
Angyish

Next

Return to Class Specific Discussion