What class is the funnest to play???

Moderator: Officers

Postby Erikochan » Wed May 25, 2005 11:21 am

Not my personal preference cos it's so RSI sensitive, but bard is the most fun class to play -- very versatile class :) But... I love most classes:

BeAsTlOrD - haven't played it
BeRsErKeR - Triple frenzy, stun, snare, jolt -- even at low level these guys are fun if you like to do just melee dmg :)
ClErIc - A bit boring imo, but so overpowered. DvA, DI, group regen, group heal, AA heal, yawn! :)
EnChAnTeR - My second choice - Controlling the scenery is one of my favorite activities :) Slow, haste, crack, buff pet and sic it on mobs with animation empathy AA for a nice slack dot'ish dps, and nothing as uber as putting 15 mobs to sleep in chardok with fascination :D
DrUiD - My main character's class - A bit weak in all departments - and this is its strength as well. Reasonable heals (these days), nice nukes, dots, animal charm, uber for PL'ing when bored :-), ports
MaGiCiAn - One of my neglected chars, still fun to play though :) Bolts and air pets 4 life !
MOnK - Monkeh pull monkeh die, mend is the win~~ :) If you like pulling mobs to the group, take this or bard class :)
NeCrOmAnCeR - Sick dps, FD, MW, this class is just too uber for words :)
PaLaDiN - 3 Stun line-up and nothing will steal aggro from you :) Lovely tanking class
RaNgEr - Bleh :P Trueshot and WS :P A neglected alt :)
RoGuE - A boring class imo, but sick dps :) Take this if you like to drag stinky corpses on raid wipes :)
ShAmAn - Take this class if you like to buff and cast spells constantly in order to be a good shaman player - still a rewarding class I think :)
ShAdOw KnIgHt - Don't know much about this class, but HT is nice and these guys have sick aggro capabilities :)
WaRrIoR - Low-end they have it bad, but eventually these babies turn out to be the monster tanks needed on raid. Incite rocks :)
WiZaRd - Take this class if you like to play on playstation or watch pr0n or tv (or both) -- the ideal AFK class (nuke til oom then go afk for 10+minutes, fm? rinse repeat :-) )

I love EQ :P Not enough time to level all my alts , bleh ! :)
Erikochan

Postby arielyn » Wed May 25, 2005 11:41 am

hah enriko missed the best class of all

teh bard.

dude we even have our own video game called the bards tale. in fact, the bard in that game was REQUIRED to get drunk in order to re-load his songs. man. i wish they'd implement that feature in eq.

My Crappy Gear

www.worksinfaith.org
My Sister's non profit organization.
arielyn
Lurker

heh

Postby bill » Wed May 25, 2005 12:20 pm

just for the record, arielyn ignores the first two lines in every post.
bill

Postby Ranjaling » Wed May 25, 2005 2:07 pm

Haha Bill..

A Bard's Tale.. OMGZ I have that game on the ole NES..

I have played every class in the game except for Beastlords & Berserkers but have only ever seen "raid content" play with Warrior & Ranger so I don't know how much fun some classes truly are as I imagine the fun begins on some classes after 50 or better. Here's my opinion in order of which classes I have/had the most fun with.

Ranger
Bard
Necromancer
Warrior
Monk
Druid
Shadow Knight
Paladin
Rogue
Enchanter
Mage
Wizard
Cleric
Shaman

I have heard so many people say Beastlords were a fun class to play but who knows if I will ever be able to spend time playing one to find out.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Imphe » Wed May 25, 2005 3:54 pm

Bard... hands down
Imphe E’asgaidh, Myrmidones of her 67th thumpbash
High Priestess of Typos and Miss-tells; Resident Pinko Commie of Tribal Fury
"What's the point of being in a guild if you play EQ to stand still" - Parousia
Imphe

Location: Buried under a stack of books, somewhere in Davis, Ca.

Postby Aboobaka » Wed May 25, 2005 8:11 pm

Except...try to chat it up while twisting 3 or 4 songs :razz
Aboobaka

Postby Erikochan » Wed May 25, 2005 11:55 pm

/melody #1 #2 #4 #6

/g afk'ish!
/tell Tiffanee wanna cyb0r? :lol:
Erikochan

Postby Imphe » Thu May 26, 2005 11:16 am

LOL it's so true Boo! I played a bard back before macros and melody. To this day I still stop to chat.... it's a left over habit from trying to chat while playing selos and flying either into nasty mob camps or off cliffs.
Imphe E’asgaidh, Myrmidones of her 67th thumpbash
High Priestess of Typos and Miss-tells; Resident Pinko Commie of Tribal Fury
"What's the point of being in a guild if you play EQ to stand still" - Parousia
Imphe

Location: Buried under a stack of books, somewhere in Davis, Ca.

Postby Serano » Thu May 26, 2005 1:16 pm

BaRd - THis class always seemed like too much work for me. Maybe for the frenic or those with high attention spans - but really - Before Autofire I would work my ass off - and I think bards have far more to do than me - that is for sure. I salute good bards.

BeAsTlOrD - Hm. Never really played other than fooling around. seems like it would be a lot like playing an overpowered Ranger.

BeRsErKeR - Can't imagine wanting to play. It seems like I would be playing a really gimp ranger or Rogue.

ClErIc - When I am ONLY playing a cleric it is pretty fun. I have a blast as a cleric - and if I was gonna leave EQ for EQ2 I was planning on being a Cleric - but never got around to buying EQ2.

EnChAnTeR - I really like playing a chanter. I have leveled one to about 28 / 29 and played a few over 60 chanters. There is really tons to do as a chanter. I can see why a lot of chanters are bored on most raids especially ones with plenty of chanters - but then again - some raids can really use the hell out of a chanter. I can see how being a chanter on a plow can be boreing. But in a group setting there is TONS to do as a chanter.

DrUiD - I played a druid to 20 and logged on a few over 50 druids here and there - there are LOTS they can do - and prolly fun to main - but didn't really draw my attention.

MaGiCiAn - These are REALLY fun to play. I have leveled one to 29ish - and played a few over level 60 ones. They have tons of tools available to them. I don't really like the summoning thing - but since I have never mained a mage - only boxed them - it might be differant. It is hard to keep summoning differant items on the box.

MOnK - A class I shoulda tried a LONG time ago. interesting tools and DPS capability. I have been at raids sometimes kicking myself I wasn't playing a monk - trying to get the pullers or monks even pull a certain way- and not communicating it right. One of the few classes I have never played at all.

NeCrOmAnCeR - Never played. Add in most of the tools that a mage has and add in twice more - I imagine this would be pretty fun.

PaLaDiN -- PLayed a pally to level 9. rolled up a couple others but never really got that into playing anotehr hybrid - altho - I don't consider Pallys hybrids so much as I consider them Knights. Lost of good tools - prolly similar in fun as playing a ranger

RaNgEr - ok class. Been able to do lots of neat things as a ranger. I would have to say AA instant invis on the move, really allows for some really fun things.

RoGuE - Lots of good tools on a rogue but never really paid much attention to them. here I am with a level 59 rogue- and I never play it. shrug.

ShAmAn - thought about making up one of these when LoY came out - but just never got around to it. Tons of tools and VERY sought out as a class - I imagine it is a PITA to play

ShAdOw KnIgHt - Been meaning to roll up an SK Gnome for years - just havn't got around to it. since most of the SKs I have logged on are pretty gimp - don't know if I got a great feel for them ( that is a sarcastic jibe - geeze you guys are serious around here)

WaRrIoR - don't think I have the ego to play a warrior to be honest. A lot of the show revolves around the warrior. I would rather play with one than as one.

WiZaRd - Played Loarind before. Interesting tools available to this class. I think if I was gonna main a wizard I would 3box 3 wizards.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Deathcome » Thu May 26, 2005 3:20 pm

talk about a variety hehe
Deathcome

Postby ForsakerTrull » Fri May 27, 2005 9:50 am

Having played eq for several years now i've had the chance to play several classes (some on diff servers) and overall my sk has always been for me the most fun to play, lotsa utility as a tank and fd is $$.
Characters played
70 sk troll
60 necro iksar
60 mage erudite
61 beastlord iksar
55 shaman ogre
50 sk human
30 monk iksar
40 sk ogre
20 warrior ogre (stopped at 20 when it started to take a half hour to regen the hps for the next fight )
20 cleric dark elf
think thats all of the main ones that ive played at one time or another. In order of my most favorite or most fun playing i'd say
shadowknight ( tank, fd, dots and lifetaps with a shitty pet....well 68 pet aint' bad)
beastlord (mage pets with shammy abilities $$)
necro ( was fun but lich and getting beat on just sucked hehe)
mage ( just cause of the pets $$ and the nukes, any mages remember the old double bolts ????)
shammy ( was fun but just couldn't melle as much as i wanted which is why i switched to the beast )

Trull
ForsakerTrull

Postby Brikksx » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:37 pm

SK for the win!!

Brikksx
A Brother From A Different Mother

"If i am not back in five minutes, Just wait longer"
Brikksx
Officer

Highscores: 4

Postby Xerasta » Sat May 13, 2006 6:40 pm

I have 3 accts from my power gamer days and have played every single class. Many to at least 64ish. The rest are above 45 except the bard. Being a bard made my hands ache.

My favorite? Usually whatever I am playing at the time, which is rather mood dependant. All of them have their fun points, all have their not so fun points. But judging by the fact I have 2 clerics and 2 druids and the enchanter is my main I would pick those 3 classes but not neccessarily in that order if you got me in a headlock and forced me to pick. I also really really like to play the baby sk, the monk and the baby roguette when I just want to whack things :)
Xerasta

Postby Ophidion » Sat May 13, 2006 9:24 pm

Monk - Mine is currently at lvl 70 and about 800aa, definatly aweosme to play and they make kick ass duo partners at higher levels/gear.
War - Have played quite a bit (friend had max aa ~18k buffed tank I used to play all the time till he moved to a different server.
Shaman - currently 60 aa away from having every aa. They aren't THAT hard to play, but to be really good at a shaman is really difficult. Balancting when to heal, when to debuff, when to cure and when to do DPS while keeping champ and panther on all the melees in your group... well I see you get the picture.
SK - Play a ~700aa 16k sk for nest missions from time to time. Super jesus at aggro and they aren't too bad at dps.
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/645186
Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby Serano » Sun May 14, 2006 2:31 am

Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

PreviousNext

Return to Polling Station