Restricted biddig on a BoW

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Restrict BoW bidding to warriors only?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 42

Policy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:19 am

Serano, moving the authority from the raid leader to the loot officer is not much of a change if the loot officer has nothing to answer for. I'd like to see something added back into the policy stating that if something is going to be god looted, it needs to be clarified and stated at the beginning of the raid so there are no surprises. You and I both know that this has happened in the past without notice being given and nothing good has ever come out of it. People go crazy and even deguild because they feel they are getting screwed out of their fair chance for the item when it gets god looted and nobody knows anything about it.

I prefer not to see that kind of shit happen in this guild.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:45 am

when ary god looted me an ST key it was a quick decision made during a pull. didn't want any guests ninja looting it.

other than that - dont' think we have had any god looting fiasco's
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

wow...

Postby bill » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:46 am

We can't take EP. We will never see EP loot, and the reason is people like you.

lolz
bill

Postby Brikksx » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:48 am

Mosrael wrote:Oh, you don't think it's just one item? I guess I'm the only person in the guild who trusts Jah to tell us the truth.

Wuupas wrote:Oh and you ask what other items we might try to restrict in the future

Only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Ifir, Dagger of Fire to rogues. But of course that would entail another poll etc, as democratic as we are.

Stop overreacting, stop being so greedy. You know full well this is all about what loot YOU want- if you can't use this item, you think (which the officers have already, completely denied) that we will start restricting items you want.

Oh no, now I can't be uber!

Here's the thing- you WON'T be uber. Want to know why? We can't take EP. We will never see EP loot, and the reason is people like you. People who think everything has to be completely fair all the time. Here's what's fair- endless ssra raiding. Kunark hits. t1 bosses. Have fun with that, it's all we'll ever see if you can't do what's best for the guild.

I don't need the Loot i am already EP flagged and if this is the feeling you have that we will never get into EP then i am guessing alot will disband soon!! Just some advise lose the attitude and suck it up!

Brikksx
Brikksx
Officer

Highscores: 4

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:05 pm

If I need to pray to God himself for 40 days and 40 nights, to get into EPs and Time, then I will.

imo, NOTHING will stop us from EP, and def NOT one person. Thats just silly.

Wanna know what the TOP killer of guilds is? Themselfs.

Not going to let that happen to TF, to many good people, to much love and dedication to allow us to fail.

Its just not going to happen.

This poll is NOTHING to get worked up about. If ANY ONE item is goign to make or great us as a guild to have the right person to have it, then we shouldnt be in the EP anyways :P

No worries folks, we have a great group of diverse officers and an even more diverse grp of members who are not shy to speak out.

Thats = $ if you as me.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Greed

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:10 pm

Mos, you really need to drop the greed thought. This has nothing to do with greed.
Goofydoofy

Postby Conan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:13 pm

One item won't stop us but ideals will if not stop us can slow us down considerably. We'll definately make it to ep I"m convinced how effective we'll be *shrug* we'll see hehe.
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

Postby Teennin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:14 pm

I can see where both sides of this discussion have merit. However i think it has gone as far as it can go and should be lock. The main target of the post seems to have been watered down and forgotten.
Teennin
The Retard Patrol

Postby Jahras » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:15 pm

No one get too bent out of shape over the issue, we're just doing this to see where people stand, not trying to sway the masses one way or the other.

Most of the points have been made to either side of the issue.

And yes, this poll is about ONE item. You're not voting for other restrictions in the future. Just as it was previously voted that yes, a usable class can go bid on a dropable that would be an upgrade for someone else and sell it after the raid, who are we to resctict a BoC to only people who will use it.

Another item comes up that a lot of people feel strongly about restricting, it just means another poll. The DKP policy is not set in stone and has changed quite a bit since its creation. But you're not voting on a policy change here, this is one instance that a lot of people feet one item was a huge asset to progression.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:32 pm

Mos. I don't think it is about greed. I think it is about differant belief over what is a valid upgrade - correct class for x drop. at least in this case.

anyone bidding against a rogue for that dagger that wasn't a rogue themself would be silly. Unless there wasn'ta rogue there.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Angyish » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:33 pm

would a BoC go to wars on a AoW raid? probably but i'd make em earn it. blah blah blah.

greed greed greed, drama drama drama. lets all stfu and just move on.

its one item. and i'll never dkp one becuase i've got better items in mind for angy. VDD and epic 1.5(when i can play again). both will own a BoW for agro so it won't matter. brikksx? probably the nicest guy in TF is anything he deserves one just for being such a swell guy.

riposte damage vs 2 1h agro?? if the heal chain is doing their job it doesn't matter.

there are ten billion arguements i'm not going to make. but wow did this thread get out of hand.
that seems to happen alot lately? wru the drama free TF i joined.
Angyish hatesyouall
\www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1257831
my video (http://media.putfile.com/pactum)
retired
Angyish

Postby Conan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:41 pm

brikksx? probably the nicest guy in TF is anything he deserves one just for being such a swell guy.

100% correct Angyish :thumbup
Cimmerian Warrior 70 Winters
Clan Tribal Fury

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1161561
Conan

Thread

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:01 pm

Nothing should be nor needs to be locked. Input is good until I start telling people to fuck off. I don't think I'm there yet.

:finger

:jester
Goofydoofy

Postby chawpchawp » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:42 pm

Wuupas wrote: Just as it was previously voted that yes, a usable class can go bid on a dropable that would be an upgrade for someone else and sell it after the raid, who are we to resctict a BoC to only people who will use it.

i recall the other night the armor molds being sold based on a don't bid if you won't use basis. so obviously this is acceptable /shrug.
chawpchawp

Bidding

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:05 pm

I believe that if the item is sellable or not, you are only allowed to bid on it if you can use it. On top of that, it is hoped that if you bid on it that you WILL use it. Not turn around and sell it. I have always said that anybody should be able to bid on anything. You can always take that item and sell it and make pp to purchase gear/aug to improve your toon. You can also put the pp into tradeskills to improve yourself for the guild in that regards. But, that was shot down. Unless it has changed and I don't know anything about the change. But bottom line is, I think you are only "wanted" to bid on something you will use and not sell. Although there is no way to police that, that is the hopes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Goofydoofy

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Policies