Restricted biddig on a BoW

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Restrict BoW bidding to warriors only?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 42

Postby Bilnick » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:50 pm

I suppose since a couple of Knights (myself and Forsaker) are typically near the top of the plate class DKP, this is probably why it came up.

I don't have too much of an issue if this is flagged as warrior only by the guild. BUT there should be a minimum bid if all useable classes can't bid on it. A blade like this would easily go for 100+ DKP if all classes could bid on it, there should be a minimum starting bid of say 80 DKP if only warriors could bid.

I actually need armor more than weapons personally and have been saving DKP for that. But if a blade like this dropped and was going for 50 DKP, I would bid.

I voted other.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Jahras » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:07 pm

If it is restricted, the minimum bid is a great idea. The intentions of this proposal are not to let a warrior get a killer sword for next to nothing, just simply get it to the class(es) that would put it to best use for the guild.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:22 pm

At bidding you can always request non-warriors don't bid, but you can't demand it.

Actually we sure can. Our DKP policy states that the Raid loot officer is in charge of loots and bids.

and to the peeps that are mistaken in the belief that this guild is a democracy - you are wrong. We are a Picardocracy and have been since Loarind was the guild leader. The officers run just about everything - sometimes the Officers and Captain seek advice from the crew - but ultimatly on hard decisions the guild leader takes the advice of the crew and officers into consideration and either goes with it or makes his own call. But most decisions don't come to this - most are made by concensus of the officers - when there is a disagreement from the officers we look for a general vibe from the guild.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Loot

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:04 pm

Don't the rules also state if something is going to be GOD looted, then it has to be announced at the beginning of the raid so everybody knows in advance. Also, I believe it says this option is not to be used except in extremely rare occassions? Isn't the whole idea of using DKP to let the people who want the item and can use it have the fair chance to bid on said item with the points they earned from helping out with previous raids? Is not every single raider just as important as the next? Nobody should be singled out for anything when it comes to stuff like this.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Agree 100% with Goofy. DKP and bid restrictions are (or should be) mutually exclusive.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

Postby Serano » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:42 pm

Goofy do yourself a policy and re-read the policies. God Loot was taken out a long time ago.

and that is what this poll is up here for - to help the officers decided if we will or won't single out classes for loot. Should or shouldn't are just opinions if you aren't a policy maker - they count as advice. Thanks.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Brikksx » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:10 pm

When i joined this guild there was no restrictions on items! Now you want to restrict a Item to a warrior who may or may not use it? It would be a great upgrade for me and i am high on the DKP list! If you are gonna start restricting items(which i think is crazy) Then we need to start raiding 7 days a week like a hard core raiding guild!!

I tank as much as anyone else and telling me i cannot bid on this item says thanks Brikksx for tanking now sit down and don't bid on an item that you can use!!

Brikksx
Brikksx
Officer

Highscores: 4

Above Post

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Exactly. If this goes through and anybody restricts anything, you are going to find yourself making a huge mistake, and paying for it.

Thanks
Goofydoofy

Postby Criploc » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:21 pm

Im a warrior and although i agree that BoW would benefit going to warriors most, i wouldnt like to see restricting items in a dkp guild.

Instead, i would hope those other classes would be understanding enough to step back and allow warriors only to bid against one another when it comes to certain items just like i have on many occasions.

I could have bid on Emp's 2Hder, but you know what, i thought to myself how greedy that would be when that weapon would better serve a pally/sk.
Criploc

Postby Mosrael » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:31 pm

It is extremely selfish of anyone who would take this weapon away from a warrior. If you crusaders for "fairness" can't see that, you are blinded by greed.

The only way this guild will progress is if we put ourselves second and the guild first for once, on ONE item. It saddens me that some of us cannot do this.
Mosrael

Postby Torizzt Darkwolf » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:47 pm

I think things should be left the way they are ...everyone that raids earned the right to bid on upgrades for themselves as they earned the dkp points.No one has to raid but if you say these 6 warriors will be the only peps allowed to bid on this item even though there are 12 total sk/pally's that can use it and would be an upgrade for them and beneficial for them then the guild would almost have to guarantee that we will kill that mob atleast 18 times to make it fair for all those other people versus simply saying even though you have earned the right to bid you cant . There are far too many times and mobs we have killed and it dropped an upgrade for many peps but only a few get that item then we dont kill that mob again for 6 months ( im sure axaggerated some ) but same point.

Simply trust in the guild and its members to do what is right for everyone that has earned the right to bid on an upgrade for them ...I dont think its fair to say only these certain people will be allowed to get this item for the next 6 months or something or some such length of time .

I probably rambled but I think on this particular item ...Brikksx , Bilnick, Forsaker and many more have earned the right to bid if they think it will help their toon.

torizzt
Torizzt Darkwolf

Sad

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:51 pm

It is extemely sad that you want to change the way the members of this guild get loot. DKP is here for a reason. Shit is done the way it has been done for a reason. Nobody deserves anything more then anybody else. Earn what you get. We are a family guild. Not a raiding guild that needs to make sure a few specific people/classes get something special so we can raid even better.

Better make all FT loot go to the healers who aren't maxed and better make all the ID stuff go to only wizards and better make sure all the WIS classes don't get something with more INT then WIS. And ya better make sure non-mana users don't get items with mana over mana users.

As for GOD looting Serano, how exactly does this work now? The loot officer can do whatever the fuck that person wants anytime that person wants without having to explain anything in advance?
Goofydoofy

Postby Mosrael » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:53 pm

...Why can't you see that this is one item?
Mosrael

Item

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:33 pm

It always starts with one item. And so you know, this has nothing to do with greed. I can't even use the item and I am fully against it. Like I said in my last message, this is a family guild. We aren't in it to build a uber tank because we are a raiding guild. Everybody is equal here and everybody should have the same fair chance for any loot as anybody else.

If you do it with this one item, then you open the door to do it with any item for any class some place down the road. That isn't what we are about. At least I hope its not.

We should be about pulling together and making things work the TF way. As we always have. We have never been about following the way all the "other" guilds do things. We don't need to build up our "raid" tanks by limiting who can bid on what items. We are TF. We make shit work for us the unconventional way because we are awesome. You work hard and show up at raids and you get rewarded for it. Not restricted whenever somebody decides that is how it is going to be.

That is one of the strongest parts of our guild. Work together and grow together. Nobody should be singled out to be better then anybody else. Everybody has the same fair chance for loot by earning DKP and helping the guild move forward.
Goofydoofy

Item

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Please delete this double post.
Goofydoofy

PreviousNext

Return to Guild Policies