Why monks are....

Moderator: Officers

hehe

Postby bill » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:15 pm

Actually, Dajhla was spearheading some trial grindage.

Lots of ppl pop on and /gu LFG.

I know I always love some trial action as mage or warrior. Hell as the mage I can use a charm pet.
bill

Postby Twofists Ofury » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:03 pm

That is definately good to hear, all the people in my last guild wanted to do was the stupid execution trial for their Progression, then go on to the next thing. Not to mention any names, but when you have a 67 bazaar geared ranger insisting you dont need a tank as long as you have him, and attempting trial of stoning, that kinda turned some people off, lol.

Would love to do some trials with you guys after the merge, I think they are a blast. Anyway, I don't understand the hatin on H2H weaps for monks!! I know there are weaps out there in the 65 range that own any pre-ele H2H combos, ReBB coming to mind... but... I have to say, that overall, H2H beats 2H any day of the week. I must admit, I love the 400+ crits from my SoE, or Fabled Tstaff, but parsed, my h2h's beat them in dps hands down, not to mention double leach for hp for those nasty dots or rampage pops.

I recently had the priviledge to raid with what I think must be one of the best geared monks playing, and let me tell you, it was amazing. We took down RZtWL, and after he dies, at least 20 adds pop, and they are nasty, some flying dragon/bat thingies and some big ass warthog looking things... The raid leaders called for the kiters to run them all over the place while people got their hails in... and this monk proceeded to trainstop 4-5 of these things at a time... I have my battle spam filter set to only see others crits, and my hits and crits. So without even seeing his regular hits, my screen was absolutely spammed with 500-600+ crits. Turned out, he had 13400 hp, and his h2h weaps were linked to me... unreal. They were somewhere in the neighborhood of 21delay, 36 damage with 200dd procs on them. I have to admit, that was the sickest display of dps I have seen in EQ to date. I will look for a link and post here if I can find em, they are truly amazing weaps. One was this http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33475 and the other was http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=32709 Anyway, just wanted to share with ya my wet dream of becoming one day, lol.
Twofists Ofury

Postby Uilea » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:17 am

Monks are incredible at the end game. Well, pretty much everyone's incredible at the end game =p Melees seem to dwarf casters there though
Uilea

Previous

Return to Class Specific Discussion