Bidding rights when boxing someone elses main?

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Postby Uilea » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:54 am

imo, if the toon is there and helping with the raid (not just an inactive toon on AF, which visualy is pretty obvious) they should be able to spend and recieve dkp freely regardless of who is controling them. I'm missing why being a box or not matters, especially if it's a toon that's commonly boxed. I think it's dumb that Cywair wasn't given the same treatment as a non-boxed main. Receiving/spending dkp depends on showing up to a raid and assisting in its success. Don't boxes help with that as well?
Uilea

Postby Serano » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:27 am

cy is refering to his previous guild. not TF.

Now, in TF if one of our regular raiders is boxing a toon for COH link ONLY - we commonly don't award raid credit for that toon ( I go thru our raids pretty commonly to find times when Tani was added as a raider when she was just COH link - and delete her from the raid.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Boxed

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:39 pm

Uilea, nobody said it mattered. We are discussing the situtation to see if it will end up mattering or not.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby cywair » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:36 pm

nope serano talkin about this guild, when i would bring both bards on raid only one would get dkp and it was only until i claimed tunz as my main did he start gettin dkp's. then cywair would only gwt dkp if i was asked to sit him for CoH like in ssra. see for like a month there i couldnt afford to play him, but then i could, but kept asking myself why, no real need and no benefit for him to even log in so he is still retired.

now i am not just saying all this out of my butt okay i had several conversations with ssa and honestly i just went by what he was rewarding me and what we had talked about, and btw we no longer dkp'ed in last guild it was honored by need and how it was used, not by people saving up points just to halfway use stuff they barely use.

tunz 67 bard
TUNZ 70 Bard

And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
cywair

Postby Serano » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:53 am

my bad - hadn't realized that had gone down Tunz - but yes - technically - unless a raid leader "invites" a person to be a box --- they are not auto DKPed. that is the way it is written. Do you guys want to change that as well? we thought that was fairest for the memberbase when we came up with it - and ssal was just enforcing that policy.
Serano
Officer

Postby quaanshaman » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:59 pm

The way I see it, no character with DKP should be prevented from bidding on an item they want, boxed, main, or alt. DKP = time spent helping on raids, and rewards should be proportionate to time spent. If someone's boxed character or alt has more DKP than you do, that means they have spent a lot more time raiding than you have, and it will help the guild if they win the bid, because they will be using the item on future raids.

A person boxing 2 characters on raid should not get 2 X the DKP awarded because they arent spending 2 X the time, but they are putting forth more effort than a person with only 1 toon, so maybe main gets full DKP, boxed gets half?

Quaan
quaanshaman

Postby cywair » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:06 am

only reason i was somewhat interested in this post was cause i could see if on tunz account i wanted to bring my alt druid on a raid instead of tunz, but cywair was on a totally different account and i considered him like my other main, till issues came up thats why i have next to my name on guild list cywairs main hehe. get what i am saying it's not like i was always swapping alts, they were on together all the time.

tunz 67 bard
TUNZ 70 Bard

And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me
cywair

Postby Serano » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43 pm

originally limitations were placed on duel boxers from bringing their habitual box to all raids and earning upgrades at a rate equal to or greater than the other regular raiders - which we were concerned would hurt some feelings amongst the less frequent raiders that just play traditionallly with one computer.
Serano
Officer

Previous

Return to Guild Policies