Magicians - Vending Machines that Never Give Change

Moderator: Officers

Magicians - Vending Machines that Never Give Change

Postby Morbier » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:22 pm

They aren't broken, give ur thoughts here on Magicians.
Morbier
Lurker

magi-who?

Postby bill » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:27 pm

Magi-what?

I love the fact that this class is really 2 halves of a single class. One class is the summoner. All of the items and pets and the ability to pet canni. this is the creative side of the class that makes me love it. You can do no dmg with a ring of levitation, but what you can do is access places by being sneaky and floating against a wall or something of the sort. Our items when combined with a strong imagination have no bounds of what can be achieved. PLZ don't be afraid to use your magi creatively. Many times, non-magi have given me great ideas so don't be afraid to suggest thoughts.

The other half is the destructive side. The evocative side. In relation to the summoner role, this side doesn't really make sense. I suspect it was something to do with class balancing. Regardless, we rock. Our nukes may not ever crit for 6k, but we have the same mana ratios.

I would be willing to even go so far as to say that the average magi will have a better mana/dmg ratio than anyone in their group. Mainly because any mage worth his salt will have a MP item at least reducing his nuke cost.

I could go on forever about how much I love being a mage but i'll stop here. if anyone has any questions plz, let em rip.

On a different note...I am once again our only regular raiding mage. its been almost exactly a year since I could say that. hehe
bill

Postby Morgeness » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:12 pm

only since i left could dran say he was the regular raiding magi.

but honestly, magicians are great.

One of the best things about magicians is that we can keep a constant dps that no one except maybe a rogue can counter. With our pets, our pet weapon procs, our pet haste, the BEST damage shield in the game (almost 100% sure), and THEN our nukes... its easy to manage mana and to keep pouring out insane dps over and over again.

People always talk of mage pets being beastly... its because they are. If you know what situation to put your pet in, if its tanking, dps, etc... it can almost almost handle the job. Unlike other classes a magician gets FOUR different pets, each with its own special attributes. Some can tank, like earth and air (lvl 61)... others do insane dps (water and air (61))... and others generally suck (fire pet, let the rants/arguements start).

then we can summon tons of other things that makes EQ life so much easier. Plane of tactics groups? PoN group?... WHERES MY LEV RING?!?!

dont even get me started on Mod Rods... mod rods make groups and raids soooo much more efficient. In every group i have to keep up with clerics, chanters, hell even beastlords with their damn mod rods, while keeping up with my own as well.

resist gear, pet weapons, etc... we summon it all baby.

then there is THE spell. Call of the arch mage... yeah it has its MAJOR flaws but ive seen the difference between a mini boss in bot being killed with and without one.

so in general, FEAR US. peace from the x-magi master

Morg aka frank
Morgeness

Postby Summonr » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:40 pm

I love being a mage. Mages are a fun class to play and being your own group you can nearly solo anything. We have the healing, the tank power, dmg shields, nukes, weak DoTs, AoEs, and the unique ability to summon a bunch of stuff, and the ability to feel like a enchanter with people begging for mod rods almost like KEI, anyway you guys took a lot of stuff to say about mages already but I am learning the ropes from the master mage.

I wish i could be the other regular raiding mage but my parents...... :boxing
Summonr Magicstorm 62nd Arch Mage
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=815421
------------------------------------------------------
The mage that perma FD's.......
Summonr

pet canni

Postby bill » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:53 am

oh, hehe morg, nice to hear from ya =)

And now that nistari left...i am feelin pretty lonely...=(

Atris needs to step up methinks!
bill

Postby Kytey » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:30 pm

Don't worry Dran old buddy, If i get into TF i would raid every day not only for the the nodrop PoP items and what not, but to be with the TF members and have some good old fashion FUN hehe gotto go now though got some stufff i needs to do

Kytey 52 Elementalist
Kytey

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:20 am

Ok gotta question: During the time while i was gone they apparently added affliction focus items. Where does one find these spells? Are they vendor purchasable or are they quested? I keep getting bugged by necros for em and well looks bad for a 62 mage to say ??? huh ??? what are you talking about?

Master Azzenkar Emberune
Arch Magi of the 62 Summoning
Azzenkar Emberune

Postby Morbier » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:14 pm

Morbier
Lurker

!!!

Postby bill » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:40 pm

No, DO NOT WAIT. Get it ASAP, all you need is the ability to kill trash in poInnovation. Aka 2 magi could do it easy, maybe one but I have never tried.

Anyho, the reason you don't want to rely on the jewelry bag is because you have to make one anytime someone wants the BA item. Meaning you have to destroy every focus piece you are wearing because the spell won't fire if you have a lore item on.

So, that makes every wrist cost 5x the normal mana. Not to mention you can't cast the spell yet. You can buy the less versions, BA 1, 2 and 3 from the gnome Jolum, in the Bazaar. The one that sells the other versions. The BA4 one is the one you want tho. You know that annoying gnome near the ak'anon stone we all make regular death threats to? He is the quest NPC for this Item.
bill

Postby Azzenkar Emberune » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:41 am

ok thanks guys thats exactly the info i needed. Dran if ya want to trash a bit in PoI one night I'd love to go. Still need a drop off the spiders there anyways for the neck item anyways.

Azzy
Azzenkar Emberune

PET CANNI AND YOU

Postby bill » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:41 am

This is THE BEST way to quantify pet canni I have ever found. Enjoy.

http://members.cox.net/jmattcrews/petcanni.xls

Just for arguement's sake, I am rocking an FT rating of 137 when I canni over a sustained period of time. In just a single casting, the FT rating is 173.8 The reason this sustained value is lower is due primarily to recast time.

FT 137. Yeehaw!

Atris has me smoked in this department tho. I think Atris is rocking FT 150, but I could be wrong. If Atris doesn't have quick summoning 2 yet, then her FT is only 118.
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:12 pm

I will never cannibalize my pets - ever. I personally view it as a lame tactic and simply won't do it. But we all know I'm weird.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

?

Postby bill » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:34 pm

just for the record since you voiced the opinion, plz tell us "why" its weird?

is it an exploit?

I've spoken to a GM in the zone with me at the time about it...he said nothing of the sort. /shrug

or is it because you didn't think of it first?
bill

Postby Fnord Shoggothslayer » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:26 pm

I didn't say its weird. I said *I'm* wierd.
Fnord Shoggothslayer

well..

Postby bill » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:09 am

alright, you got me there. Can't argue that. and honestly, I didn't do it until I was either 60 or higher. Without the proper AA it really just wasn't worth it. Unless you dont mind carrying bags and bags of gems.
bill

Next

Return to Class Specific Discussion