Post Server You are Currently Playing on Here...

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Postby rajuncajunboy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:29 pm

Yeah, the max number of characters across all servers is four. This blows if you have a few family members all trying out new characters.
rajuncajunboy

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:47 pm

four? like one EQ2 subscription 4 characters total? not an alt in every server? this blows. Not that it is different from other games - but hell people.

blah
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

LavaStorm

Postby Aiela StormReaver » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:50 pm

Tuluvien, Swampert, Geeleb, and myself are on LavaStorm. Been pretty interesting so far, but ... We'll see.

FWIW, Qeynos (pronounced Key-nos) is... *WOW*.
Aiela StormReaver
Paladin of Quellious
Aiela StormReaver

Postby Awaken » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:10 pm

I am on BB as Aloysius, look me up fools, and post your player names here if you are on BB.
Deathspeaker Awaken
70 Necro
Confucious Say, "Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day."
Awaken

Postby Vnayin » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:05 pm

vnayin gnome mage/artisan...soon to be illusionist/sage of qeynos here on BB cause Qeyons > Freeport
Vnayin

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:34 am

those of you who care, drop me a line. We'd love to group with you. calthine@hotmail.com
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:45 am

Yeah, I got your e-mail right here! (No, literally right here, in my inbox!) LOL Going to get EQ2 today (hopefully there's been a shortage here) will decide about servers then.
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Dealing » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:31 pm

On BB look me up as Hemdal lvl 12 dorf crusader (qeynos) or lilhem lvl 8 ratonga mage (Freeport)
Dealing Withit
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Dealing

Postby Anakhe » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:39 pm

Clearly there aren't enough "what server are you playing on" threads on the main page.

:razz
Anakhe
Lurker

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:52 pm

Clearly you all shoud drop this crap called EQ2 and get back online to Vaz, and TF
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Champion Flogger » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:44 pm

I'm having ZERO issues with EQ2. Next to zero lag and no video issues with what is considered a "mid-range" card.

I already have a 10 Chanter and 9 Preist. This game finally earned the name EverQUEST, because you definately don't run short of quests to do.

FWIW, Qeynos (pronounced Key-nos) is... *WOW*.
Aye, the graphics all around are AWESOME, and if you think Qeynos looks good you should see FREEPORT. WOW. Only thing about Freeport... it makes San Francisco look like a speed bump. A good jog around FP will give ya buns o' steel!
[URL=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=297660] PRALLIC PUREEDGE
Epic Knight[/url]
Champion Flogger
Lurker

Postby Bilnick » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:06 pm

I get lag in the cities during peak hours, probably because they are not instanced like Antonica is. The graphics are very nice though.

I enjoy the quests, but I dont like the fact you cant work on a quest until you have requested it. You don't really get drops for a quest, its more like you get flagged for it. This prevents MQ I guess, but it sucks that you can't work on a quest with your buddies because you are under the required level to ask for a certain quest.

Leveling is a little too easy for my tatses. Not alot of effort is required to get level 10. I was kind of hoping they would make leveling more like it was in EQ1 during Velious and before, where being a level 60 actually meant something. If you don't play for a few days and your buddies do, they could easily be 4-6 levels ahead of you. Maybe experience will slow down post 20.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby rajuncajunboy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:00 pm

I really like that you get exp for travelling and seeing new zones. This makes exploring much more fun.
rajuncajunboy

Postby fendeesha » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:07 pm

Ok, I gave in and got EQ2. I am Fendeesha the scout on the Nek server. Look me up. Yeah, I have no lag at all, but my screen is REALLY dark. Any help?

*edit* also, my mouse pointer is blinking in and out all of the time. I checked the driver, no updates out there. And I got these two really weird messages while loading (although they didn't seem to affect it any)

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Sony\EverquestII\Paks/fprt_ph_5r01.vpk doesn't match the file in teh setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I chose to ignore, and got the same error message for the following file:

C:\Progam Files\Sony\EverquestII\Paks\fprt_hood01.vpk

Any ideas on mouse or install errors?
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Darkness

Postby Awaken » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:37 pm

Fen go to options, color correction, overall gamma, make it max and it will get brighter.
Deathspeaker Awaken
70 Necro
Confucious Say, "Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day."
Awaken

PreviousNext

Return to EQ2 and Other games