NEW DKP BIDDING POLICY

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

NEW DKP BIDDING POLICY

Postby Serano » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:36 am

Ok --- Arielyn is having internet connectivity issues so he couldn't post this like he wanted - per typical Florida crisis and other events that have occupied our time.

Shortly this will be written into our DKP policy posted in our DKP page, front page and our top forum on this message board - but for now our bidding policy is officially moved to the system we started "testing" about 2 weeks ago.

BIDS will for now, continue to be made in /gu - why? even if someone is LD and comes back from it but isn't in raid, zoning from rez or whatever - they will ALWAYS be able to see /gu(unless offline. If an item gets no bids in /gu then any guests at the raid can bid their points in Rsay or whatever based on the circumstances. Typically guests end up getting any items from a raid for free - because by the time it is opened to guests they are prolly the only class that can loot it anyways - regardless, we don't have that many guests at the raids.

The standard for calling the auction is published below with the rational of why:

/rsay <link loots>
/rsay Bidding will be done in /gu - at this time focus your attention there.
/gu <item> 1?

<wait until bidding seems to have gone down a bit>

/gu <item> to <topbidder> for <hisbid> going ONCE?
/gu <item> to <topbidder> for <hisbid> going TWICE?
/gu <item> SOLD to <topbidder> for <hisbid>

Here is a breakdown of why:

/rsay <link loots>

At the end of every mob - all raiders want to know what they have earned. Showing it to them is the first step at getting them ready to bid in /gu.

/rsay Bidding will be done in /gu - at this time focus your attention there.

A lot of people turn off /gu during raids - or the miss the loot call. There will almost always be a new raider at raids as well. This also clears the officers of any doubt. If people arent paying attention enough to see this loot links, and this line, then all of the following bidding - they probably werent paying enough attention during the raid to have earned any chance at loot anyway.

/gu <item> 1?

Links the item that is up for bid - and then the *minimum* bid for it (since 1 is the lowest number in our postive-integer DKP scale.)

<wait until bidding seems to have gone down a bit>

This is obvious. We want people to have their chance at bidding, and we dont want to award an item while bidding has not finished, either.

/gu <item> to <topbidder> for <hisbid> going ONCE?
/gu <item> to <topbidder> for <hisbid> going TWICE?
/gu <item> SOLD to <topbidder> for <hisbid>

NO grats are to be said anywhere until the officer has said the word SOLD - as the item isnt officially anyones until that point.

OUR GOAL is to do it this way every time. Consistancy is important - however if we vary a little bit due to error or circumstance - go with it please. Everyone is a person.

OUR VOTE offered a chance to tweak the system - so please use this thread to make any recomendations for tweaks so that we can make it better. We will work them out.

DURING BIDS -- work with us please here - since we are putting the /auc in /gu (for now) - please clear the channel briefly during the bids - so that we can knock them out and move on with next target.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Kaylar » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:47 am

I have a question for you Ser.

At the last raid in AR, an item droped and I believe it was for the quest for a key. I sent a tell to Adle about the item, because I want to start doing the key quest. Anyways, she never responded to me and the item was looted by someone else.

My question is, if someone was a question about a certain item and they send a tell to the looting officer, shouldn't they respond to the question before giving out the loot? I would have placed a bid on it or whatever if my question was answered. Which it never did get answered.
Kaylar

ok

Postby bill » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:53 am

No biggy on that one kay, we weren't making ppl bid on those.

The ppl that were farthest along on the quest were getting them. I apologize if Adle didn't get back to you.

However, for a low low price you can rent-a-mage to go farm that shard. Grab a couple ppl at the most and go tear that zone up!

Again, sorry if adle didn't get back we had lots of ppl that wanted them and not very many dropped.
bill

Postby Nistari » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:01 am

Yes, rent-a-mage owns all, Kay. :)

I like it Serano.

My only concern is making sure the bidding is quick. People must, must, MUST pay attention. Having the bidding take 10 min is unacceptable.
Nistari

Things

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:47 am

Two things...

1) You actually DON'T see all guild chat when zoning. Just the last few lines. Depending on how fast you zone, you could miss bidding information. But, then again, that will happen in any channel except tells. So, I don't see anything you can do about that.

2) Don't say gratz until bidding is done? What if somebody dings while you are bidding and half the people in the guild don't read this thread. Here again, the problem with using guild chat for raid issues becomes a problem. You'll be getting 50 gratz' and alot of spam if somebody dings or something while bidding. And you can't be telling people to shut up while bidding. I'd personally tell you to go to hell if I was using guild chat when you wanted it to be quit.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Bilnick » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:11 am

The only way I see zoning while bidding being a problem is if you are getting rezzed back to the raid. Maybe everyone should be rezzed before any bidding starts.

Everyone should be able to show a little courtesy while the bids are going on in /gu channel. While some people can filter the bids from the bs, others cannot. I know some people are offended by being asked to be quiet in guildchat, but I don't think it is an unreasonable REQUEST that /gu chat be silenced except for bidders and loot handlers for the 2-3 minutes it takes to bid on a loot.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:15 am

we mean loot grats. we have already seen peeps grats a winning bidder when the loot wasn't done being bid on.
Serano
Officer

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:18 am

i agree goof, and propose useing /rsay for the bidding.

Attention is already fullt upon that channel.

Just make a note that AFTER the Bidding is over for that Item, NOTHING else in /rsay Allowed.

so After SOLD to %T......all gratz go in /gu or /tfchat....w/e

This will keep the info in raid...allow for ppl who /guildchat off to still see, and provide a FAST transation to nest loot or next RAID MOVES call.

gonna take practice, gonna take time to perfect.

we are not going to satisfy every problem with this shit unless we make a fuckin /tfbidding channel...and i say fuck that.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Adlewiese » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:18 am

Kaylar,

I am sorry if I didn't answer you on the Shard drop in AR. I believe I did make an annoucement (in /rs or in /gu) to send a tell to me if you needed that shard from AR and to also include the number of shards you have for your VT key. I had another character on in the nexus and was /random 100 for the people who sent me tells with the number of shards they had.
Adlewiese VonTrapp - TFshaman
Adlewiese

Postby Serano » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:22 am

We will CERTAINLY consider using the /rsay. there is still some discussion on this - and this might warrent a guild vote. one thing tho - it hampers the raid leaders ability to continue pulls or wage war during a fight if bids are going on - we will NOT always have the ability to have no aggro while we bid. /gu is good cause it is separate from the fight - well if you have your chat windows arranged that way.
Serano
Officer

respect

Postby bill » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:29 am

Ok, why is it so hard to just shut your yap for 2 minutes while we take care of something in /gu?

I mean, we aren't asking that you forego your right to the first ammendment or something.

120 seconds. Why is that so tough? Why do ppl have to deguild over it or even worry about it? If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to say something that isn't important, we have TFchat.

Or maybe we can just do our bidding there? I don't know. All I know is that bidding anywhere outside of tells is going to have the biggest margin of error.

/sigh

If ppl still want to get all defensive and upset because Management is trying to sort out our rewards for our teamwork then I say so long and thanks for all the fish.
bill

Postby Nistari » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:25 pm

Drannor, I am SOOO with you on this.

It's not like people are policing /gu and if you say the wrong thing, then BAM! you're immediately marked for take out.

Goofy, if you tell me to go to hell, I'll tell you to go to hell right back.

Using /rsay...meh...people who aren't on the raid still ask for loot links in /gu. Besides, using /rsay would inhibit further plow as the raid leader can't continue to pull while bidding is occuring.

Why is this so hard?
Nistari

Postby Guardrail » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:41 pm

Playing devils advocate here but what puts the raids importance over something that might be a topic of discussion in guild chat? Why is it the rest of the guild has to bend to the raids will, is it because the raid is of more importance then anything else going on?? So to be courtious of our raiders, people who aren't at the raid should be quiet when asked to be, right? However, if there is something of a hot topic in /gu then of course the raid will be more willing to put bids on hold for 2 minutes if asked too as well. Yeah right, like that would ever happen.

Let me ask a question, how long before we start mandating raids? We're about 1 step from going that way again!!!
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Nistari » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:45 pm

There will be no mandating of raids because Guardrail & Mortycha are not leaving the guild again. IF Guardrail & Mortycha leave the guild again, then Nistari will be deleted.

/nuff said.
Nistari

ok

Postby bill » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:47 pm

devil's advocate is fine.

TFchat. Next =)

Oh and I clearly haven't been playing enough because I have missed any such conversation ever taking place in /gu that was that hot in my 2+ years here :razz

If there was something that controversial going on in /gu then I'm sure it would be dealt with properly by your crack, world-class management team haha.

ALSO, since I didnt mention this, I don't recall seeing that anyone would be removed if they did speak during the loot calls.

More of a courtesy thing. Not grounds for disciplinary action hehe.
Last edited by bill on Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Next

Return to Guild Policies