Heartwood Blade

Moderator: Officers

Heartwood Blade

Postby deladriendil » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:05 am

Have Swiftwind before starting (do not have to have Earthcaller). Must be level 60+

(This isn't a complete strategy more like a glorified checklist. If you want the entire walkthru go to Ranger's Glade)

Spawn Times: Every event/mob in this epic is on a 2 hour repop timer. From the animals, to the 1 group mobs, to the raid encounters.

1.) Forage Sickly Maidens Hair (no drop) in Rathe Mountains
2.) Go hail Althele in EK while holding swiftwind (and earthcaller if u have it) and give her the sickly maidens hair. get [Tuft of Sickly Maidens Hair]
3.) Take Tuft of Sickly Maidens Hair to Corun in SFG. Have an open slot as you will be given a container. [medicine bag with 6 vials in it]
4.) Go Forage 8 Golanda Nuts (no drop) from any OoW zone. Combine each with a smithy hammer in your fletching kit. [fiborous rope] Combine the 8 ropes in a fletching kit and get 8 loop lasso.
5.) Go Forage a Pine Sap (no drop) from JP or Nedarias, Then go to DN and kill phase spiders until you get 4 phase spider silks (no drop). Combine the 4 silks and the sap in your fletching kit [phase netting]
6.) Then go forage a Fallen Tree Branch (might be tradeable can't remember) from Dranik Scar. Then go to Abysmal Sea and buy a Whittling Knife (across from bank at general store merchants) Combine both in fletching kit. [long net pole]
7.) Combine the Long Net Pole and Phase Netting in fletching kit to get Large Butterfly net.

8.) Animal Collecting

You must click off all Damage Shields, and when wielding the lasso put a fire bettle eye in your offhand (to negate offhand damage). You cannot use weapon procs or spells to damage the animals. Only damage from your foraged lasso and net will work. YOU MUST SOLO THESE MOBS (meaning only you can do damage to them, you can be in a group and get heals etc, the mob can also be slowed and snared). All were LB to me at 68-69. Use the Net for the swordfish and mosquito, the lasso for the spider and chodaki

I.) Sirens Grotto - Twitching Swordfish (zone in, go left. swim up and then fall down the waterfall like you were heading toward WW zi, he spawns at the bottom of the waterfall. No adds around.).
II.) Droga - Bloated Drogan Spider (zone in, fall down pit trap. the first large room in the spider spawns. You can melee it at spawn point without getting adds. It spawns babies during the fight)
III.) Chardok B - Leporous Chodaki (zone in from alchemist entrance, take a right, and then another right. There will be a fenced off area with chodaki your guy spawns here. Can invis and sneak this far. no IVU needed. Can fight mob at spawn point without getting adds.)
IV.) Cazic Thule - Sickly Mosquito (zone in. go down to the slime pits. Mob spawns in the upper right end of the slime pits in the cave {look at your map}. You will need an enchanter and cleric to get to this mob. U cannot invis as some mobs are undead, you need to clear the rooms and when u pull the mosquitos the mobs under the slime will agro. so you will have 4-5 mobs in camp at once. Have the chanty mezz the target mos from the last slime room and clear it out. Then melee your mos where it stands)

Duo/Group Mobs

The Next Two mobs are Group Encounters. You do not need the Lasso or Net to collect them. They are straight up fights. So everyone can assist and kick them in the teeth. These straight up melee fights as far as I know.

V.) Western Wastes - Neurologic Huntress (this mob roams the zone and mobs on CoV faction will assist it even if you are not KoS to CoV) {db to 68} You will NOT get any faction hits for killing this mob!
VI.) Veksar - Astaetotic Highborn (spawns on the bottom floor of the highborn building in the back right hand corner. Have to clear 5 mobs to get to it) {db to 68}

9.) Combine the 4 captured animals with the blood samples given to you in your fletching kit. Then combine those 4 samples in the bag given to you by Corun. Take it back to Corun. [If you do not have earthcaller Corun will eat your bag]. He will return the bag to you with all 4 samples. Put the 2 blood from the group mobs in the bag and combine. Give it Corun get [Corun's Notes] IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EARTHCALLER: Corun will return you a closed bag if you only combined the 4 bloods. You will not be able to continue until u petition or start over with the maidens hair and 4 solo mobs :( . To avoid this combine all 6 into the bag. He will then give up the notes.
10.) Go hail the Enchanter GM in Freeport, Shana Liskia. You can use the sneak behind her and turn in bit if KoS to caster guilds. Give her Coruns Notes. (Receive Corun's Notes Annotated)
11.) The Deep - Ancient Thought Horror (n850, p370. left, right, left from zi walk to end of that tunnel, it is a dead end. If u go out nere the invis bridge u went too far. This mob is spawned from a trap. needs 1 group to take out. maybe 2 depending on your gear level) [Thick Spinal Fluid] You MUST have the annotated note on you to spawn the trap!
12.) Give fluid and annotated note to Shana. Get Mind Crystal
13.) East Karana - Thorlis (with the mind crystal in your inventory say disease infront of him once to get Red Crystal & Violet Crystal.)
14.) Give both red and violet crystals to Shana. get [Letter to Corun]
15.) Give Letter and Mind Crystal to Corun. Get [Red Dogwood Seed]

Raid Encounters

16.) The Bloodfields - Marshal Hestient (go toward the western oval in the zone, there are some small huts there. mob spawns in the hut. must have raid clear the area around the hut first with all rangers that have the Red Dogwood Seed far away. Your camp/pull spot will be the middle 'wall' that splits the zone into two ovals. Once the area is clear the ranger can come close and trigger the event by just having the seed in their inventory. Have the puller pretarget mobs for the tank mezzer on Grinbik, MA on Marshal, and any other TM/Chanties for the other 4 or so mobs. Grinbik is level 70 .Marshal is red to level 70, hits for 1100, only slowable with GoD slow, has a 1500 dd AE that is -300 Cold. The most important thing is to 1.) do not kill Marshal if the ranger is dead. he must be alive in the zone when the mob dies. 2.) If any other rangers have the seed ask that they leave the item in their bank, because they can cause this even to bug resulting in them getting the blessing 3.) Do Not under any circumstances kill Grinbik or you will have to do the event over. 4.) The only people that should be doing damage to Grinbik are the Tank Mezz and the ranger getting the blessing. When Marshal dies the ranger doing the hit should attack Grinbik and the tank mezz should turn attack off. Careful as Grinbik will enrage. Once he goes down to 4-5% he will become non-agro and start to walk away. The ranger doing the hit needs to simply go hail him. to get [Grinbik's Blessing]. You do not need to have all the adds dead before u knock down Grinbik to get the blessing. Killing the Marhsal is enough.)

Estimated Raid Force: 3 GoD gear groups. Add 1 group per tier level below.

17.) Natimbi - Spiritbinder Trenzar (he is a spawned event at the new platform SW of turtle pond. Ranger must walk on platform with the seed in inventory to spawn. 3 mobs spawn. Trenzar is level 70, hits for 2050 max, immune to slow, has a 1500 dd AE that is -300 fire 500 range. adds pop that are mezzable with 'Sleep' during the fight. Senvial will pop during the fight and assist. TM him until after Trenzar is dead. Senvial MUST NOT die or you start the event over. As with Grinbik it is believed that at a certain % (20% or so) of life Senvial becomes hailable. So knock him down slow after everything else is dead. Once he is hailable talk to him to get [Senvials Blessing].)

Estimated Raid Force: Same as Marshal fight.

18.) Go to JP and get the groundspawn Fertile Earth (p1380, n960). This is a container. Place the Dogwood Seed and both blessings into the container and hit combine. Some really cool stuff happens here so make a video or something. You then get [Red Dogwood Heart], and [Spring Dogwood Seed]

19.) SFG - Corun. Give him the Spring Seed get [Block of Purest Silver]

FINAL FIGHT

Ruined City of Dranik - Svenril Fireskin (in the same area as the last warrior mob. no information on this except that it is the same type of fight as the others. Pull Svenril, adds pop, mezz them, when Uisima pops tank mezz it and make sure that it doesn't get below 40% health before all the others die. After all the mobs are dead get Uisima down to 20% or so and it then becomes hailable. Give Uisima the Red Dogwood Heart and get [Wind-Blessed Heartwood]

Estimated Raid Force: Unknown at this time. Likely 4 groups of GoD geared people. add 1 more group per tier level below.

Create Your Blade

Put the Wind-Blessed Heartwood and the Block of Purist Silver in your fletching kit and hit combine.

Congratz on your new epic.

HEARTWOOD BLADE

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 20
DMG: 23 Dmg Bonus: 15 AC: 20
Fire DMG: 1
DEX: +30 STA: +20 WIS: +20 AGI: +25 HP: +205 MANA: +190
SV FIRE: +25 SV COLD: +20 SV MAGIC: +20
Accuracy: +5
Required level of 65.
Effect: Hawk Strike (Must Equip, Casting Time: 0.8)
Recast Delay: 600 seconds, Recast Type: 6
Focus: Grinbik's Blessing
WT: 1.8 Size: MEDIUM
Class: RNG
Race: HUM ELF HEF HFL
Slot 1, Type 4
Slot 2, Type 8

Hawk Strike
Chance to Critical Hit(110)
Accuracy Amount(110)
Duration: 1 minute

Grinbik's Blessing
Slot Description
Increase Spell Damage by 35%
Limit: Max Level(70)
Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)
Limit: Instant spells only
Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
Limit: Target(AE PC v1 excluded)
Limit: Target(PB AE excluded)
Limit: Target(Targeted AE excluded)
Limit: Target(Uber Giants excluded)
Limit: Target(Uber Dragons excluded)
Limit: Resist(Fire allowed)
Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

EDIT 1: Change info on the Deep encounter.

EDIT 2: Change stuff on the Bloodfields battle.

EDIT 3: Changed some info on the blood/bag combine and clarified some of the Deep encounter.
Last edited by deladriendil on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby fendeesha » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:27 am

Just a question, can you get some one else to do the combines? Is any of that stuff NO DROP? I can forage the heck outta stuff, but bmar does all of my combine stuff.
The one and only (thank God!) FEN!
SIMPLY UN-FOOLED AROUND WITH!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Serano » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:28 am

explain about the animal fighting. what is this about no gorup help? must solo? you can only have the net? can you cast spells? can you get heals? a fight that must be soloed seems so counterintuitive to a multiplayer game.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Serano » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:48 am

ok - I read up on this on the rangers glade - I had been avoiding it untilyou posted here.

I see that you do NOT have to solo the animal collecting - but only you can DPS with the appropriate catching device and that they despawn at 25% and appear on your cursor as a captured animal. So you can have healers and slowers and crowd control with you if you like - only the ranger and the catching device is allowed to damage the creature.
Serano
Officer

Postby Bilnick » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:56 am

A few of us went with Guardrail to Chardok B, and did exactly what you said Serano. Guard soloed the animal, the rest of us just stood by and watched for adds or healed him. Took Guardrail a couple of minutes, seemed pretty easy.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:00 am

well crap. except for the hastle of the 3 raid events- I amalmost interested indoing this silly quest now.
Serano
Officer

Postby Guardrail » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:49 pm

I am at the point of one last kill in the Deep before raid events.
They seem pretty tough for what i would think 1.5 would be.
What i have read so far is the minimum it has been done with is 3 groups of elementally geared peeps.
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Guardrail » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:53 pm

Just a question, can you get some one else to do the combines? Is any of that stuff NO DROP? I can forage the heck outta stuff, but bmar does all of my combine stuff.

The combines are trivial at 15. I'm pretty sure there no-fail as well.

Cheers,
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby fendeesha » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:55 pm

Are you saying that they are idiot proof? Because if that is the case I may have to try and prove you wrong! ROFLMAO!!! There isn't a no fail out there that I haven't failed at! LOL
fendeesha
Queen

Postby Guardrail » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:59 pm

As long as you dont hit the destroy button in the process of moving items around, i think your ok.. :thumbup
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Serano » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:19 pm

I had 1 as my pottery skill when I did the epic pottery combine for the bowl. it had said it was no fail so I din't worry about it. I got a skill up to level 2 on my succesful combine. Thus began my career as a student potter.
Serano
Officer

potter

Postby bill » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:28 pm

can i plz make a pot joke after your student potter career comment?

PLZ?
bill

Postby fendeesha » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:24 pm

/e gives Dran permission to make ONE pot joke, but ONE only!
fendeesha
Queen

Postby deladriendil » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:47 am

Supposedly if you use the new Tradeskill interface all the combines are no fail. If you use the experiment feature they trivial at 100. No clue who cooked up this theory but I haven't failed any of them yet and I use experiment. searching thru a list for a 2 item combine seems a waste of my time.

I edited the original post to answer some of the questions you all threw out.

I haven't been taken note of what rangers have finished this yet. I do know that alot of us are at the 1st or 2nd raid event. Arkard is the only person that I have seen with the new epic, but I haven't really been looking.

I am sure some other college players that can shrug off class for a week or so have finished it already also. or those unemployed peeps that neglect housework or whatever.

not bitter. anyways, not claiming to be an authority on this at all considering I am still in the single group mob stages. Will post more information as I progress if people are interested. Otherwise best bet is to check out rangers glade or the serverwide ranger channel. No clue what it is called. I don't join it.
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby deladriendil » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:47 am

Woot. I got a custom title!

Lurker heh.

"I Lurk therefore I am"
deladriendil