Sad County

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Sad County

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:02 pm

So I work in Fort Mohave, AZ and this weekend they are having a Corn Festival. Now if your like me, your thinking, "Corn? How exciting can that be?" It seems everybody gets all excited about the Corn Festival because they can eat and drink beer and listen to live music. I'm not sure what corn has to do with all this. You'd think they'd call it the Eat, Drink and Listen to Music Festival. Corn Festival...OK then.

I wonder if they will have little booths with different kinds of crap from people who ate corn?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby rajuncajunboy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:22 pm

Louisiana has the most festivals in the country. Just in a forty mile radius of my home we have the Cracklin Festival (fried pig fat), the Catfish Festival, the Crawfish Festival, the Gumbo Festival, the Rice Festival, the Shrimp Festival, the Buggy Festival, the Fun Festival (they ran out of names), the Eitoufee Festival, the Zydeco Festival, the Yambilee Festival, and probably a bunch more I cannot name at the moment.

Hardly a weekend goes by without some sort of festival here. Maybe next year we can get a Gasper Gou Festival.
rajuncajunboy

Festival

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:40 pm

I like the Two Hookers and a Eight Ball Festival.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Champion Flogger » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:52 pm

Back where I grew up, they had the Johnny Appleseed Festival. Usually there were historical booths like you are thinking of, but the main attraction was the food. Anything that had to do with apples was on the menu. Apple pie, fritters, candy apples, applesauce, you name it. The one that was most popular? Apple Butter. If you've never had this stuff you are deprived, and they made this stuff by the 55gal drum! They even had one booth that had a witch's cauldron full of it cooking on an open fire. He had to stir it with a boat paddle!

I'm willing to bet that in your case, they will have every type of food that has corn and every variation of way to cook it. Find the one that is grilling it, husk on, with butter injected between the husk and the cob. The combo of the charcoal and the butter simmering inside is major $$.
[URL=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=297660] PRALLIC PUREEDGE
Epic Knight[/url]
Champion Flogger
Lurker

Postby Worff » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:13 pm

Guess a lot of peeps are easily amused, corn fest LO-f'ing-L !! The 2 hookers sound a lot more fun :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby cexser » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:37 am

goofy 2 hookers and a 8ball isnt a festival by the way....its a weekly occurance..will you please get your sheet straight! ty
cexser

Festivals ... or, why i hate my town

Postby Skel » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:13 am

I generally try to avoid festivals in my area ... this being near an agriculture-based college, most of the festial-goers are underage heifers (you know, the kind that squeeze their 200-lb body into leather pants and a tube top and parade around town like they're on a catwalk).

This being the case, i lock my doors and try to drown out the moo-ing with a steady stream of Rammstein (this also works for annoying that Bible-thumping mextdoor neighbor :help ).

~Skel
Skel

Postby Bilnick » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:00 am

Do you wear a piece of cheese on your head?
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Aboobaka » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:54 am

It's corn festival because it's harvest season, farmers can get all drunk and mourn this year's loss. :razz
Aboobaka

Postby Uilea » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:01 pm

We have "Pioneer Days" here. It's where everyone dresses up like pilgrims, eats turkey legs and makes driving downtown hell. There's nothing like almost running a wandering sheep over in the middle of the city..
Uilea

Goofy's favorite festival

Postby bill » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:48 am

bill

Postby Kaylar » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:01 pm

OMG!, we have a ton of festival's here. We have the "Corn Fest", yes they eat lot of corn there and live music and BEER. We also have the "Potatoe Fest", yep you guessed it, they eat potatoe's. Also, we have what they call "The St. Stan's Fest", just alot of drinking and live music for that one. Then we also have the county fair's that go on durning the summer. Now every festival and fair I mentioned has rides too. To me it's a "Come give me your money" deal. I have attened each one at least once, maybe twice, but they aren't getting my money no more. They were fun when I was much, much younger, but now, HELL NO. hehe Just makes driving in town and in the area they are being held at unbearable.
Kaylar

Return to Open Chat