Everquest 2- you in?

Moderator: Officers

Will you eventually be switching to everquest 2?

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes : 64

Postby Uilea » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:12 pm

Wizards can't port or evac? I'll agree with that one, WTF?

Guess no more ninja MGB xlocs at the PoK bank..
Uilea

Postby Calthine Faeriesong » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:14 pm

I'm trying to keep it firm in my head that this is an all-new game. The hard part will be unlearning everything we learned about Everquest!
Calthine Faeriesong
--------------
"Vengance is counterproductive, always. Not to mention the fact it gets your soul all sticky." Lady Sally McGee
Calthine Faeriesong
Lurker

WoW

Postby Luthe » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:50 pm

ya i'm 100 percent with kung, i'm really looking forword to WOW, but if it's crap i'll be staying with eq. blizzard has had a great track record for making good games so will be hard to say.
Luthe

ummm

Postby Baerwyth » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:01 am

what is the point of EQ2?
If we could transfer characters I would but otherwise why bother?
Takes so long to get to playable levels
Baerwyth

Postby Serano » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:00 am

takes so long to playable levels?

Hunh? I started playing from the time I first logged on to EQ.

Right now - when I can find time for it my wife and I are playing our level 18 BL and Chanter. I toured her thru EF, BB, Qh, SFG, WK, NK, EK, GoKX, RE, NR, EC, WC, Kith, HHP, Warrens, SB, and now the fav PC.

The point is to explore.

EQ will be focuses on exploring changes in a world. Doubt that EQ will hold true to their plan of keeping EQ2 focused on the 1 group experiance - but grouping with some of your friends regularly will be fun. The warrens loot code will suck as it smokes Tradeskillers from farming what they need and prevent high level item farming - oh well.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby deladriendil » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:34 am

You also must remember that they are marketing this game NOT as a sequel to everquest. So as Calthine said. You have to try hard to look at EQ2 as new and completely seperate game. From the Lore they keeping with the fact that the Sleeper was woken, LoY occured, and Planes of Power occurred. As for anything else from EQ we will have to wait and see what other lore bits they post or until the game comes out.

Some of the classes have the same name as EQLive classes do but that is where the comparision ends.

Dirges (evil bards) can res people but only out of combat. No class but the Cleric can res during battle.

WoW just looks like crap (visually) to me and knowing Blizzard and their history of lying about release dates I would be suprised if we see the game in November. I am thinking more like January.

You also have The Matrix Online, Middle Earth Online, and Dungeons and Dragons Online forthcoming in the next year to year and half.

Can we say market flood?
Deladriendil Megilindir
The Wandering Fier'Dal
PlainsWalker of Tunare
I Used to Live Here but Now I just Visit

Bookat Kittyboo
deladriendil
Lurker

Postby Guardrail » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:06 pm

The point is to start over and explore Norrath 500yrs in the future.
For myself it's not about how uber i can get. It's the thrill of running through an unexplored zone and being scared, discovering the inside of a new dungeon. Seeing if crushbone still exists, and if the great city of Kelethin still stands etc.....

I didn't have the opportunity to start EQ from the beginning and see all the changes. I started just before Luclin was released and missed the era of exploring velious and kunark. As far as I'm concerned PoP ruined EQ, It made it way to easy for anyone to get to 65. I would say that at least 60% of the people don't know the pain it was to level in EQ pre-pop.

blizzard has had a great track record for making good games so will be hard to say.

I admit they have made quality games in the past, but i wouldn't compare EQ to Warcraft or Starcraft . That's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Cheers
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby maepoot » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:46 pm

I'm waiting for vanguard to come out :guitar
maepoot

Postby Serano » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:23 pm

As far as I'm concerned PoP ruined EQ, It made it way to easy for anyone to get to 65.

I would have to agree with this statement. Before pop it was adequatly impossible to get to 65.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Jahras » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:30 pm

lol serano =P
Jahras

Highscores: 2

EQ2

Postby Shimmere » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:18 pm

Not sure if I'll be quitting EQ when EQ 2 comes out, however I will not lie and say EQ is the same as it used to be. I remember when I started playing being excited to hear the music start playing in Greater Faydark. I remember hunting near the guards, because those large bats could be a bit too tough at times. I remember buying my first horse with Shimmere and thinking I was the most uber person on the planet, I must have taken 3000 screen shots. I remember running scared through Crushbone, dying several times, answering "Bridge 1" to camp checks. I see what EQ has turned into now, and it's kind of disappointing. When I used to play more months ago, I'd sometimes venture into Greater Faydark, or Crushbone, to buff lower level players -- and give them a hand. Funny, they were all completely suited in armor, fighting with weapons that some mid 40s still equip. What was even more funny was the fact that my buffs (ones equal to Temperance but not as good since I never quested the spell) wouldn't stick on them, and most out there had a level 65 sitting AFK on a mount of some sort in the near vicinity of them. *Shrug* I remember going up into the planes and getting groups to kill what looked like HUGE scary mobs -- and I watch people sit in the corner of them getting Powerleveled. I thought gear with +5s and 6s was great - until ooc became flooded with Agony/Caer Cadarn/Vantage linking +20 to everything, Flowing Thought 5, Spell Haste 4, etc etc.

Everquest has definitely changed for me. I'm not saying I will for sure quit playing all together, but the chance is there, for sure. EQ2 has so much more variety, and it has, for me, the biggest thing EQ doesn't - and I guess the adjectives are: FRESH and NEW! New classes - new break downs on old classes, and everyone is going to start out EQUAL again - that's cool too. No more 65s to Powerlevel (atleast not at the release, lol).

Okay, done with my rant :) Take care guys - and best of luck, whichever time of Norrath you choose to venture through!!! :thumbup

~Exarch Shimmere Demonicus, 65th Cleric of Tunare~
"I do not fear what I know I can conquer."
Shimmere

Postby Nagaash » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:22 am

I will not be playing EQ2 right away and most probably not at all. I have to admit the graphics are pretty impressive, and I like the idea of having freedom to choose what career path your character takes (although this sort of boils down to just creating your character two or three times instead of just once). However, I was not that impressed with the race and class selections available (although the skaven-type race is pretty cool (the rat people for you GW-impaired people out there :) )).

Besides, I could not find the time to devote to both EQ and EQ2. I'm not quitting EQ after all the time I've invested in it, and I don't have near the play time as most of you probably do. Plus, I'm just now starting to explore the high-end game, where some of you have just about "seen it all". So, for me, there is no logical reason to play EQ2, although I'm sure it will probably be a great game, but I'm quite content to stay where I am and enjoy what I'm doing now in EQ. :thumbup
Lord Nagaash Tevesh'Szat
Warlock of the 61st Circle
----------------------------
"Smile with me, even if it is the smile of skulls and your skin peels away. Laugh with me, though your throats may choke with bile. For you are all my puppets, and I shall lead you in a merry dance.

The merry dance of death."
Nagaash

Graphics

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:44 am

Everybody always gets all exciting about the graphics of a new game. Doom 3 was the same way. You want to see good graphics, watch a cartoon. It's a game and you should be playing for the gaming. And with EQ's track record with bugs and issues helping the players resolve problems, I say "Fuck EQ2". I'd bet they still have the Daiku PHers spawning in the walls in PoS. That has only been a problem for a year now.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Champion Flogger » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:19 pm

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a second. Goof, I hear ya on bug fixes, but consider this:

Which game do you think they are more likely to pay more attention to? While they say it's not a sequel, it is the new game that will be very popular in no time at all. EQ1 has won it's awards and made it's mark. Now, they will be looking to be recognized by their new title, and will be more likely to fix bugs in it than in EQ1.. IMO. Marketing can be a powerful influence on where a company places it's resources!
[URL=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=297660] PRALLIC PUREEDGE
Epic Knight[/url]
Champion Flogger
Lurker

Postby Nagaash » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:04 pm

Very true, Flogger. However, I have heard (so I don't know for sure) that there is a separate team working on each version of EQ. So, it's not like people will be slacking off on the original EQ to work on EQ2. But, of course, how much financial support each team gets from SOE will be a different story. And, here's where you're right, Flogger; the EQ2 project will get the lion's share of the budget.

But, I think enough of the EQ base will remain so that SOE will be persuaded to lay down the resources needed to keep those people happy and retain that slice of the pie, so to speak.
Lord Nagaash Tevesh'Szat
Warlock of the 61st Circle
----------------------------
"Smile with me, even if it is the smile of skulls and your skin peels away. Laugh with me, though your throats may choke with bile. For you are all my puppets, and I shall lead you in a merry dance.

The merry dance of death."
Nagaash

PreviousNext

Return to Polling Station