Everquest is going Free to Play

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: Everquest is going Free to Play

Postby Jimbop » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:15 am

So I tried to log into my accounts today and have been unable to log in. My accounts have different passwords on them and they are tied to emails that no longer exist and can't be reinstated (old ISP email addresses). I know they are still tied to those emails because when I clicked on a link about forgetting my username, it asks for an email for the account and those old debunk emails still have accounts on them. Monday I will try to call customer service on getting my accounts back up. Can someone that is still guilded in TF see if my account or my Sella account have been logged in, or if they are still guilded? If something looks odd, chances are my account passwords were taken in that big SoE password theft and my account was accessed by someone else since no one else but my best friend in RL had the info for my account, and he has not played EQ in a long time (Tazblood for any of the TFers that may remember him). Thanks.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Bilnick » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16 pm

When the Sony servers were hacked last year changing passwords was mandatory. Have you logged in since last May or June of 2011? If you did you (or whoever logged you in) changed your password.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Jimbop » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Bilnick wrote:When the Sony servers were hacked last year changing passwords was mandatory. Have you logged in since last May or June of 2011? If you did you (or whoever logged you in) changed your password.

No, I have not logged in since the hack. The only EverQuest I have played in roughly 3 years is a little bit off from a server in my own private network, but the problem I find with that is there is too much content that is not working correctly. Anything OOW and above is not set to drop loot nor are any of the quests or events written for it. I don't have the time with working 50+ hours a week, full time college, and getting ready for a baby on the way in June to game much at all, nevertheless have to write code so I can even play a game. I figure that even though Sony won't let me use the tier 5 journeyman merc I earned, I still have Sella there once I get my accounts back. Just hopefully I don't have to deal with a whole lot of customer service if my accounts were logged in and pillaged. I better still have my EoLS. Lol.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Serano » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:07 pm

I would bet that you missed some cut off window for resetting the password - and they disabled your old account without giving it a new password - OR - you might be able to log on to the user account page at sony to reset it. /shrug - customer service should be able to hook you up regardless

https://auth.station.sony.com/login?ser ... cale=en_US
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Jimbop » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Serano wrote:I would bet that you missed some cut off window for resetting the password - and they disabled your old account without giving it a new password - OR - you might be able to log on to the user account page at sony to reset it. /shrug - customer service should be able to hook you up regardless

https://auth.station.sony.com/login?ser ... cale=en_US

I am guessing the first one may be a possibility because I already tried to log in there with my old info and was not able. Tomorrow I will be calling tech support and trying to get it all straightened out again.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Madokvaur » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Jimbop wrote:So I tried to log into my accounts today and have been unable to log in. My accounts have different passwords on them and they are tied to emails that no longer exist and can't be reinstated (old ISP email addresses). I know they are still tied to those emails because when I clicked on a link about forgetting my username, it asks for an email for the account and those old debunk emails still have accounts on them. Monday I will try to call customer service on getting my accounts back up. Can someone that is still guilded in TF see if my account or my Sella account have been logged in, or if they are still guilded? If something looks odd, chances are my account passwords were taken in that big SoE password theft and my account was accessed by someone else since no one else but my best friend in RL had the info for my account, and he has not played EQ in a long time (Tazblood for any of the TFers that may remember him). Thanks.

Jimbop still in guild last logged in 12/12/09
Sella is now Sellax and also last logged on 12/12/09

Hope to see you back. Haven't seen many old tfers on since f2p. Did see Deg and Shobie toons were looged in a few days ago :thumbup
Madokvaur

Postby Jimbop » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am

Madokvaur wrote:
Jimbop wrote:So I tried to log into my accounts today and have been unable to log in. My accounts have different passwords on them and they are tied to emails that no longer exist and can't be reinstated (old ISP email addresses). I know they are still tied to those emails because when I clicked on a link about forgetting my username, it asks for an email for the account and those old debunk emails still have accounts on them. Monday I will try to call customer service on getting my accounts back up. Can someone that is still guilded in TF see if my account or my Sella account have been logged in, or if they are still guilded? If something looks odd, chances are my account passwords were taken in that big SoE password theft and my account was accessed by someone else since no one else but my best friend in RL had the info for my account, and he has not played EQ in a long time (Tazblood for any of the TFers that may remember him). Thanks.

Jimbop still in guild last logged in 12/12/09
Sella is now Sellax and also last logged on 12/12/09

Hope to see you back. Haven't seen many old tfers on since f2p. Did see Deg and Shobie toons were looged in a few days ago :thumbup

That's sure a relief. :) Seems odd someone would go about changing the passwords on me but not log in the accounts. Not like I'm complaining or anything. Lol. Apparently someone else is named Sella I see and is older than that account. No biggie. Thanks for looking that up for me Madokvaur!
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Serano » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:47 am

I don't think anyone changed your passwords - I think you justmissed the new password window is all.
Serano
Officer

Postby Jimbop » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Serano wrote:I don't think anyone changed your passwords - I think you justmissed the new password window is all.

Well I have my Sellax account fixed and I logged in for a couple minutes yesterday, but still need to get my Jimbop account fixed. I was disappointed at how many augments they decided to make prestige only. DoN point augs with 55 mana only? Seriously? I'm thinking if I do play, it may just be easier for me to play some new low level alts because with the cash limits, I don't think I even have the plat to remove all of my augments to have working gear. Also, I will have to get rid of a LOT of stuff to be able to handle having only 6 inventory slots. I realize their goal here is to get people to pay monthly fees again or pay for free-to-play stuff, but to seriously hamper someone like me who was a long-time EQ subscriber is not the way to get people back into the game. It will frustrate us to the point we log back out and never come back.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Bilnick » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Just use the augment remover that destroys the augment, that one is dirt cheap. If you do not plan on paying to play, losing augments shouldn't be a big deal.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 am

I have the Plat you need if you want to save them for the future.
Serano
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:05 pm

They are supposed to revise the augs soon.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Jimbop » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:55 am

I still haven't had time to get Jimbop's account working again. I hae been working 10-12 hour days 5 days a week plus taking 12 credit hours of college classes. Life gets to be too busy at times, yet it's going to be even worse when my baby girl arrives in June. Lol.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Previous

Return to Open Chat