Soooo

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Soooo

Postby Jimbop » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Is EverQuest worth it anymore to play as a part-time game? Or would I be better off to stick to the occasional PS2 game? Yes, I only have a PS2 since I don't have the money for a PS3. I'm not really any less busy since I am in my senior year of college now and plan to graduate in May. I also have a kid on the way in June, so I really will not be getting any less busy, but I have been having the cravings again and am wondering if it would even be worth it to consider since I don't know how the server population is like and if I would end up just going back to what I was doing when I quit last: relying on boxing two accounts to accomplish anything. Monetary-wise, I can't afford to upgrade two accounts, nor pay for that monthly. Sucks sometimes being a poor college student. Haha.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Re: Soooo

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:53 pm

GRATS! sweet.

Hope all goes well with the carrying part.

So far as EQ. no idea. I accidentally resubscribed for another year - expires in August. and couldn't get motivated to play since September 1.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Jibvalde » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Sounds like me but plan on giving it a try in December when work slows down, Most everyone is in CN now as TF has evaporated hoping for guild help on leveling and questing if its like it used to be there is no soloing for non-endgame gear toons. Maybe a Mage with a cleric merc can do ok. so would say if you fire up an account give CN a look may find a friend or two.

Jibvalde
Jibvalde
Guild Leader

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:39 pm

It has been going for 12 years and still has plenty of players. Ya, I'd say it is still worth it.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Jimbop » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 am

Well I am starting to play EQ again, but in a different way. Money is very tight for me right now, so I am going about playing in a different way. I just created my own private EQ server. Right now, it is only across my own home network, so I am the only one playing on it. I am not sure if I will open it up outside my network. I guess I'll see when that road comes.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Serano » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:24 am

If you were going to play that - why didn't you just go to one of the emulator sites out there? Meanwhile - that sounds pretty damn boring playing EQ by yourself on purpose. \\BTW - grats on getting it working.
Serano
Officer

Postby Jimbop » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Serano wrote:If you were going to play that - why didn't you just go to one of the emulator sites out there? Meanwhile - that sounds pretty damn boring playing EQ by yourself on purpose. \\BTW - grats on getting it working.

Well I'm eventually planning on putting my server live. For now though, I am just playing around with it to get used to working on the system. I am trying to get used to working with SQL to design my own mobs, content, items, and all that. It is interesting stuff. When I get ready to put it live, I could post on here if anyone wants to try out the game on my server. :) Also, Merry Christmas to everyone!
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Serano » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Hmmm... I am not sure what level Serano is. Maybe 82.
Serano
Officer

Return to Open Chat