Star Wars - The Old Republic

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Star Wars - The Old Republic

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:01 am

I thought this would be a better place for this topic so here ya go.

I plan on playing this when it comes out suposedly this Holiday season, but dont hold your breath. At least beta testing is in full swing. I am excited to start a new mmo where everyone will be on the same page lv , (almost everyone, beta and dev peeps) so I thought it would be cool to be apart of somthing new like that. It will be cool to not have peeps lv100 in full gear the day I log in. Peeps will be sharing(or hiding) secrets like farm spots or the like and there will be plenty of funny drama to read on the boards. Many are saying this game will be the end of WoW and I like the sound of that alone! I didnt really like WoW all that much.

This game will be an collection of pieces that all the former MMOs have paved the way in the past. Almost like it took all the lessons learned from Ultima/EQ/WoW ect and rolled it into a single game with its onw uniqie story and engines. One of the biggest differances will be the choice path you can take. During missions and the story arcs, you answer questions that have a huge impact on the story and your toon. Picking to kill the disobeient captain or just chew him out...will determin things like your alingment, future story oppertunities and who knows what else. So enough ramble, if your interested I have some links below, check out the walkthru link, it has some pretty good footage of an actual raid style encounter. A RL friend of mine has started a guild that we hope will be on a PvP type server, so if anyone is interested search "Intergalatic Tax Bureau" and apply if you want. Otherwise PM me here or comment below and we can chat whatever.

Later all, hope things are well!

http://www.swtor.com/
http://www.swtor.com/guilds
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/eternity-vault-developer-walkthrough
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Re: Star Wars - The Old Republic

Postby EQIsenhart » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:54 pm

I applied :banana
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm

haha cool - I will let John my friend know to accept ya.
The PvP looks like its going to pretty fun too.
Im relaly looking forward to playing.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:17 am

Post here when the game is out and live and maybe I'll check it out.

Glad to see you two are still alive and kicking.
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 pm

you too Goof.
I really am in amazement at the length EQ has retained players. I mean if I never left, it would be like 12+ years I think. Insane really...
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 pm

With a new expansion coming out in November. The last one was really, really good.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Expansions I was thinking have to be the heartbeat of any good game, and EQ1 has ALOT of them. Well expansions and constant improvements made on the fly to preserve integrity.

But what are they on like 20 expansions now? That had to be a record for any game right?
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Serano » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:37 am

Hello Steve. BTW I am still using your LON account. I had to change the Password. sent you a PM somewhere. I changed the last two digits to 11 in the password. and if it wasn't before. the first Letter is capitalized now.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 am

hey serano, miss your soiled loin cloth...you still got that pic laying around somewhere? I remember it was the item icon from the old days, before fancy item linking and UI updates. That was funny as hell tho. I think I am gonna post a bunch of old pics I had from EQ...might be worth a laugh or two.

NP with LoN dude, glad to see you still having fun with that game. I always did like playing LoN, I think it was very nicly done for an online MTG type game. But I dont think I will ever play it again.
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Serano » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:13 am

The Soiled Loin clothe was hawt. I think there was a website that made those. But somehow I had it only hosted online, didn't have a copy backed up anywhere - so when wherever I had it hosted went poof so did it. Come to think of it, It is POSSIBLE the hosting was provided by the website that you could make those items at. /shrug.

Yah, LON is almost dead, but you have playable decks left, I made up with the various cards I moved to your account over time to replace the ones you sold or gave to whoever.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby ZephaniahTF » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:16 am

Good idea moving this to this form did not even see it when i made the topic in open chat. Hi zyzz its cool your friend started a guild. They announced the other day on tor forms there will be rp/pvp servers. That was the kind of server i plain on playing on also going to go sith with my allegiance seance they have all the cool classes. I do like the smuggler on the republic side though.
[img]http://www.epicshadows.com/images/shots/xtremie/zeph5.gif">[/img] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=745264
ZephaniahTF

Postby wuupas. » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:16 pm

gah, why must you be republic? i really like the sith inquisitor and the imperial agent aswell
wuupas.

Postby ZephaniahTF » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:01 pm

From what i have seen the the imperial agent Marksman class will be a very powerful class for experenced players that know the terrain well. Great for ambushes for open world pvp. But they have a huge disadvantage in close quarters. The sith inquisitor will most likely have the best story in the game i am thinking anyway. My main is going to be a sith warrior great starting class for going in to a new game. But i do plain on playing all the empire classes at some point.
[img]http://www.epicshadows.com/images/shots/xtremie/zeph5.gif">[/img] http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=745264
ZephaniahTF

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Yea my guild is republic, but you can still play a Darkside republic player if you want :P
We were just thinking that everyone and their little cousins are gonna wanna be Vader and the Emp, so we went with republic to go against the grain. Every poll I see for class picks are overwhelming sith/empire, so it seems we are on the track we wanted.

We are going to a PvP/RP server as soon as we can. The game is close to launch, less than a month and a half left!
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

Zyzzerzazz

Postby Ceruis » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:01 pm

losers
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Next

Return to EQ2 and Other games