What are you doing while Sony is off line?

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: What are you doing while Sony is off line?

Postby Found » Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Completed Ghost Lion for NES, BEHOLD!

Found

Postby Ceruis » Wed May 11, 2011 11:32 am

lol...way to go, bud.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby bill » Thu May 12, 2011 10:23 am

Firstly, congrats on beating that! Secondly, grats on mentioning an NES game I had never heard of! I'm sure Ranjaling has a copy though haha.

And btw Enix called, they want their RPG back haha ;)
bill

Postby Found » Thu May 12, 2011 11:27 am

People refer to Ghost Lion as a Dragon Warrior clone, but well...I would say that's giving Ghost Lion too much credit. It's similar in appearance(command screens, world map, etc) but it's definitely pretty lame compared to any Dragon Warrior game. As the game progresses it gets much more annoying getting into battles with things since you simply can't just attack to win. Also the only way you can heal yourself is by eating some bread, which, only heals like 50 hit points or "courage" it's called instead in this game. When you have 640 courage at the end of the game, eating bread is pretty much a waste during a fight. I could go on....but yea.
Found

Postby Bilnick » Thu May 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Found wrote:People refer to Ghost Lion as a Dragon Warrior clone.....

What people???? The three of you who have played that game? :razz

I have the 4 DW games for NES but only ever finished the first one.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri May 13, 2011 7:56 am

I guess now would be a good time to start Elder Scrolls 1: Arena.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby bill » Fri May 13, 2011 9:42 am

bill

Postby Serano » Fri May 13, 2011 8:33 pm

but who is that company?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat May 14, 2011 8:42 am

Holdings and earnings mean nothing. Its the "fuck ya!"s that make a company successful.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Ranjaling » Tue May 17, 2011 3:09 am

bill wrote:Firstly, congrats on beating that! Secondly, grats on mentioning an NES game I had never heard of! I'm sure Ranjaling has a copy though haha.

Right you are Bill! :)

Congrats on beating Ghost Lion Found! It's a classic, yet, not really a "classic" LOL.. I never played it all the way through.

Bilnick, you should be flogged for not playing DW 3 & 4. They were way better than the first IMO.

What I've been doing since Sony has been down? Despite not playing EQ, I'm still a PSN whore. I play on the PS3 several times a week so this outage stunk. Isen, myself and two of our other brothers were about to run through Borderlands again when this crap went down.

Meanwhile... gaming fix..
I've played some shitty co-op movie licensed games with the kid, am playing Alpha Protocol, Rock Band 3... You don't know Jack with the wife a bit..
..also dipping into some retro stuff. Recently beat "Master of Darkness" on the Sega Master System, "Total Carnage" on SNES and am now playing a pretty cool 2 player Sega Genesis game with Dylan called "Skeleton Krew".

Since SOE is free, I'm going to try out the "Everquest Online Adventures: Frontiers" on PS2 since I've always wanted to try that but not @ $14.99 a month.

Aside from that.. mostly just working, doing projects at home and hanging out with the family.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby Bilnick » Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Total Carnage was pretty good. If I remember right, it was sort of a sequel to Smash TV, and spoofed Sadaam/Iraq and Libya/Khadaffi (there was a level with a Baby Milk Factory). Not as good as Smash TV, but still a decent game.

I got DW3 and 4 used for cheap at Funcoland back in the day and bought them mostly just to have them than play em, had mostly moved on from NES at that point, and onto Genesis/SNES stuff.

I am pretty sure I have the DW games on the Wii though, I should try em again.

Ever since I started playing EQ, I rarely played RPGs like I used to. Red Dead Redemption is probably the last RPG I played reasonably far into, that game is definitely on my "to finish" list.

I don't have as much time for EQ/games as I used to. Changed jobs earlier this year and went from working 4 days a week from 8am-430, to working 6 days a week 6-430. Getting up for work at 4:30am sucks bigtime.

I will definitely log in EQ to see if I can catch you guys online.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Ranjaling » Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Bilnick wrote:Total Carnage was pretty good. If I remember right, it was sort of a sequel to Smash TV, and spoofed Sadaam/Iraq and Libya/Khadaffi (there was a level with a Baby Milk Factory). Not as good as Smash TV, but still a decent game.

I got DW3 and 4 used for cheap at Funcoland back in the day and bought them mostly just to have them than play em, had mostly moved on from NES at that point, and onto Genesis/SNES stuff.

I am pretty sure I have the DW games on the Wii though, I should try em again.

Ever since I started playing EQ, I rarely played RPGs like I used to. Red Dead Redemption is probably the last RPG I played reasonably far into, that game is definitely on my "to finish" list.

I don't have as much time for EQ/games as I used to. Changed jobs earlier this year and went from working 4 days a week from 8am-430, to working 6 days a week 6-430. Getting up for work at 4:30am sucks bigtime.

I will definitely log in EQ to see if I can catch you guys online.

Yeah Total Carnage was made by some of the same people. I enjoyed it and STV about the same.

The DW carts are worth some cash, so it's good you picked them up. Fun games as well..

I hear ya on the RPG time. I managed to beat FFXIII but thats about the only long RPG I've had time to beat in the past year. Do you still travel with the new job? That was when I had most of my EQ playtime (back at the motel after work). Now that I'm working close to home, I have less time to play since I work a swing shift (6-2/10-6/2-10). Instead of 12 days off a month like I use to have, I now get 7.
Ranjaling Arrowsmefling
Ooompah Luumpah
Alynsa Vazzaelle
Nintendo Wii Code - 1038 5611 2297 5641
XBOX Live Tag - XXGIBBYVAXX
Playstation Network - GIBBYVA
Ranjaling

Postby bill » Wed May 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Whoa do they really have DW IV for the Wii?? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Master of Darkness, nice. I never knew that existed either, and I was all over the master system but it appears that game came out after I bailed to the super nintendo.
bill

Postby Bilnick » Thu May 19, 2011 3:43 am

bill wrote:Whoa do they really have DW IV for the Wii?? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Master of Darkness, nice. I never knew that existed either, and I was all over the master system but it appears that game came out after I bailed to the super nintendo.

I installed the Homebrew Channel on one of my Wiis. Once you have the homebrew channel installed, you can install emulators for most older systems like NES, Genesis, etc. I have an NES emulator and a few hundred old NES games installed.

Most people use the homebrew channel to steal/pirate games, one application allows ripping of Wii games to a hard drive.

I still travel a little in my new job. Heading to a Harley Davidson plant in York, PA next week for a few days.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Thu May 19, 2011 12:55 pm

how do you install the homebrew channel? Does that screw up your Wii account?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

PreviousNext

Return to Open Chat