Hey!

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: Hey!

Postby Horcrux » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Any high skill researchers out there willing to be hired?? I'm missing some key PoP/OOW/GOD Songs and Spells that I've found rather annoying to obtain.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Ceruis » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Horcrux wrote:Any high skill researchers out there willing to be hired?? I'm missing some key PoP/OOW/GOD Songs and Spells that I've found rather annoying to obtain.

You wanted to be a tool...bards :p ....Tool along

Send a ingame message to Goofydoofy for all your researching needs :jester
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Antok » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:27 pm

All of this is operating under the assumption that, eventually, you want a 3box combination that will eventually be able to box content from the last three expansions - house of thule, underfoot, and seeds of destruction - with enough survival ability, pulling ability, and killing ability to handle XP'ing and killing named mobs without a significant problem.

If you have the patience to relevel a toon... warrior in a box setup is a mistake. Shadowknights have aggro control a thousand times better, and in group content outside of /discs warriors don't tank noticeably better. Selfhealing is also a big plus... and, with upgrades in the last couple of expansions, shadowknights pull REALLY well. Bards/enchanters are definitely a step up from shadowknights still, but in most situations an SK's pulling ability is pretty much in the same tier as a monk's. Merc tanks won't reliably cut it in higher content, so you can't rely on him for aggro control for THAT much longer.

The biggest problem you will have though is a lack of DPS. You're going to kill yourself trying to do any modern content without any dps at all. You might even struggle in SOF content a bit without any dps, although mercs might be able to make it up at that level range. If you want to 3box much 80+ content, you'll want to get a DPSer. Brd/cle/war will work okay before that, but it'll stall out hardcore sooner or later.

If I was starting a 3box from scratch, I'd go shaman/shadowknight/wizard. Shaman are pretty damn good healers now, and of course have slow. Wizards are significant DPS, and are easy to box. Shadowknight offers pulling, is the best out of group tanks, and offers recovery options, at least if it's clear you're getting your ass beat before he dies - you can FD and pop a merc to rez a wipe.

If you want to keep the bard, I'd go bard/shadowknight/wizard - that way you have slows/dps covered, and mercs can comfortably heal a group geared shadowknight throughout the entire game, although sometimes you may need to use two (or even three.)

Of course... optimal setups dont really matter so much in the newest expansion, it's really easy stuff, at least if you manage to get 86+ with a good number of AA. Although you'll still hate yourself for lack of dps - dps mercs blow chunks at max level.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Horcrux » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Having not experienced the last 3 expansions when released, I realized that I did make some mistakes with my box team. I didn't discover mercs until level 55, and only then realized where I'm weak in my box team. I brought Horcrux back from the dead and have been messing with more different varieties of teams now until I find one that suits me best.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Stonecrush » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Quick Question.

This would be directed to those who have an avid play time. I remember my biggest problem with my 2nd or 3rd attempt at coming back. The grouping atmosphere had all but vanished. This is something I found very avid in later level portions of WoW (dungeon finder.. EQ should incorporate this, as it's fun, even with people who cannot play their class, it can still makes things interesting.). The problem I've run into with WoW and my GF bluntly pointed this out... I seem to subconsciously despise the game. She had me really listen to myself and my constant bitching about game mechanics, how limited some of the mechanics are etc. So, because of my subconscious hate, I decided to stop playing.. However, as I've been sitting here reading (Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Great book by the way.) I can't help but ponder what it is that I want to do in my spare time, when I don't feel like reading and TV today bores the shit out of me.. They did away or ruined Looney Toons, and most of the educational television is full of imaginary or egotistical science where possibility of probability is removed and the absolutism is abound.. (this leads to major egg on ones face as the individual or group is proven incorrect.) . Thinking about canceling cable (that's another story.)

My requirements for going back to EQ would be a steady group atmosphere with people to play and experience the game (Does, EQ have real group content or is it jam packed full of boxes and Mercs?). I did have some nice groups when I came back with my necromancer (the character I'd probably play again.) but I often felt as if it was a gearing up phase and that the groups were merely an attempt to catch me up to raiding etc. etc. I miss the subtle conversation, and humor from a solid group... The difficulty of a dungeon run.. The opportunity to earn something at the end of the day or week..

Dare I say it, I wish they'd bring back the LDON style at least... then you'd have camps of people sitting around ready and available to do something as a force in an attempt to obtain loot.

Does EQ still possess some of these qualities or should I not even bother attempting to come back?

Also my play times would range from 7pm until 11pm ish and on Weekends when the weather is ugly... (sometimes when the weather is nice too..) its more random.. More likely longer periods...

Thanks
Stonecrush

Postby Serano » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes. There are both. Some peeps play with one or two boxes and one to three mercs. AND there are peeps that have core groups just like in the old days.

Also the various channels offer exp group opportunities if someone wants to join whoever is offering some adventure.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Shoolace » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Hey, looks like this is the cool place to post. Sulsciste and I just reactivated our accounts because we have short term memories and want to test the waters again. Not sure how long we will be around but if you are on feel free to say hey.
Shoolace

Postby Silvenstar » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 pm

I've just started up on the P 1999 server. Having lots of fun with the really old school EQ. It's a free server with ton's of people to group with. It is rather challenging though having a fire beatle own me. I ran across Bearmerfudd there and a few other old Vaz peeps. Say hi to my druid Baily if any old timers are playing there..

Cheers

Xarx
Silvenstar

Postby Ceruis » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:14 am

I got a ranger and a mage of there...haven't played on that server in a bit tho.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Previous

Return to Open Chat