Merging with AD

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Merging with AD

Postby Ceruis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Since inquiring minds want to know and I see no reason to keep it a secret TF has been offered to merge into AD. Those that have been active in the last 40 days get an automatic in with a dkp incentive as long as the TF members understand and agree with the rules and guidelines of AD. Officers that have already left are Carryion, Serano, Sinadar, and Kerenu (Fenny). Jibvalde will stay to the 6th ensure everyone that want to get the words. I will stay at least that long as well before trying my luck with CN. Worff has not made his decision on which way he going to go as of yet.

No decision has been made as to who will be GL after Jibvalde leaves. Both Serano and myself (Ceruis) will have alt officers in TF to help with whatever is needed. We will, as of right now until the new GL decides, keep moderation rights to the forum to fight spam and what not. The only fee coming up for TF is a 9 dollar fee in March for something to do with the website. The actual website will be up till March 2012.

Current options being discussed is to allow ex-TFer that left in good standing member access to everything but the officer's forum and secret archives. As soon as we have a definite hard answer we'll let yall know.

:cheers

*I went ahead and apped to CN with Mechell. I'll be around to help with whatever though so don't hesistate to ask.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Re: Merging with AD

Postby Shannti » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:52 pm

What about members like myself, I am in school at the moment so will have next to no playtime for a couple months, will they allow me to switch and be inactive awhile or should i talk to one of them?
Shannti

Postby Shannti » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Oh disregard that, I see they are requiring a 50% RA and that their raids start at 7pm EST both reasons I chose TF in the first place (for 9:00 raids with no required RA) so I will probably not be a good fit for them anyways. :(
Shannti

Postby Serano » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:32 am

Just so peeps know - the 50% raid attendance is to be eligible to bid on loots - not to stay in the guild. However - they only require that for a by month basis. so 30 days with 50% RA makes you eligible to bid on loots - over 10 DKP. Apparently under 10 DKP loots are not held to that requirement. I think. Then again that might only be about multiple loots in a night.

Regardless - just no one leading raids or enough peeps to do so here at the moment to make any % RA avail.

So - if you want to be with the bulk of active TFers - for regular groups and such - and opportunity to raid on those days you can make it - you can still play the game.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:47 pm

I guess, at this point, it would not be in bad taste to mention that if you do not want a full time raiding guild, you can apply to Celestial Navigators (www.celestialnavigators.org). Our apps are currently open. I am told there is no plans to close them anytime soon. With the people we have gotten recently, I thought apps would be closing soon, but I'm told no. So, I guess there is no hurry and I did ask for a 3 day advance notice before they are closed. So, AD isn't your only option. Check out the website or you can talk to me or any officer in game from CN if you have any questions about the guild.

A lot of ex-TF people are in CN or apping now. CN is baically what TF was back in the day. They have always been the same kind of guild. A guild of good people who raid 3 nights a week. Tues, Weds, Sat at 8pm EST. Raid are not required. We don't judge you on your gear. You don't need to post a Magelo link or anything like that. We do have a min. level/AA requirement if you plan on raiding, but otherwise, all are welcome to apply. We just look for good people to enjoy the game with.

On top of that, there are several other guilds out there too. Don't just go with AD or CN. If you plan on leaving, look at all your options. Maybe something else would be better for you.

In the end, it makes me sad to see this guild all but die as far as raiding goes. It has been a part of my game since I was level 55 and eventually talked into joining a guild many years ago. I wish everybody the best in whatever they choose and I'm still around to help with whatever if you just send a tell.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Serano » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Well - I imagine that not all the peeps that migrate to AD will ultimately stay there forever. but it is a merger - so there is a no app requirement during a merger. But yep - if a guild dies - the parts obviously go all over the place instead of into one place.

Funny thing is - if everyone that was from TF and is currently in CN, AD and a few other places came back to TF - TF would be TF. But - really the beginning of the end started when Zyzzer and Isen retired at the same time. We briefly flourished but then burnt out with the loss of our soul.
Serano
Officer

Postby Bilnick » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:06 pm

I guess it is safe to say no one will pass my all time DKP mark. 3077 DKP is like 128 days. Dam I had no life! I know not all of that was hourly, but some of those old Vex Thal raids at 3:30 am on a Tuesday (well Wednesday morning) where Zyzz kept saying, "we only have one more mob!" would rack up 9-10 DKP.

Nothing like coming home from vacation and Rick and Harold (Worff and Serano) call my house and ask my wife (who answered the phone) if Bilnick is home.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:01 am

Steff said she is going to be mad if the Arcade goes away in 18 months.
Serano
Officer

Postby Worff » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:00 pm

Bilnick wrote:I guess it is safe to say no one will pass my all time DKP mark. 3077 DKP is like 128 days. Dam I had no life! I know not all of that was hourly, but some of those old Vex Thal raids at 3:30 am on a Tuesday (well Wednesday morning) where Zyzz kept saying, "we only have one more mob!" would rack up 9-10 DKP.

Nothing like coming home from vacation and Rick and Harold (Worff and Serano) call my house and ask my wife (who answered the phone) if Bilnick is home.

Haha I remember that.. she was like "Who?". I had to convince her I wasn't some strange weirdo on a prank call or something... that I was a weirdo that her husband actually knew :P

Man you're lucky we stopped raiding.. at 2922 I was almost catching you on that DKP hehe.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Meso » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:15 pm

'evnin ma'am, can Bilnick come out and play?
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Serano » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:45 pm

No... on all calls to Tim's house (and others for that matter) I ask for the name of the person not the toon.

Point: Even if an amazing upgrade is avail for Bill (Drannor) his dad doesn't want to get woken up at 230 AM to wake Bill up to log on and get it.
Serano
Officer

Postby Worff » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Serano wrote:Point: Even if an amazing upgrade is avail for Bill (Drannor) his dad doesn't want to get woken up at 230 AM to wake Bill up to log on and get it.

Bah whatta killjoy ! hehe
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Return to Open Chat