Fallout: New vegas

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Fallout: New vegas

Postby Worff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:04 pm

SERANO !!! New Fallout game (New Vegas) .. can't believe Bethesda coming out with a new one already, but of course it's bad ass /nod.

http://www.direct2drive.com/3/9684/prod ... s-Download

Not sure of exact release date.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Re: Fallout: New vegas

Postby Serano » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Yah, I have been following this one. Actually what they did was license the intellectual software to some peeps that were part of Fallout 1 and 2. So essentially they are using the new engine and play style to tell a story in the fallout world that they actually participated in creating. There is a theory out there that they may incorporate some of the concepts originally planned for the Van Buran project which was originally supposed to be the fallout 3 before Interplay and black Isle went kaput.

Regardless - I am of course looking forward to it. I am a sucker for the genre. interesting tho - I Only bought one of the 5 expansions for the first one - altho I was thinking of the point lookout expansion - but undecided. not like I have had much time for an immersive game.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Worff » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 pm

Ah interesting! I can't wait to play through the saga and check it out when it's released.. although since I didnt play 1 and 2 some of the story might not make as much sense as it would to you and people that had 1 and 2.

On Fallout 3 add ons... favorites were Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta... well made expansions $. Others were ok, maybe even a good plot, but gameplay was basically more of the same ole same ole.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby bill » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:25 am

I played the first two and only got as far as megaton in the third one.

Rae played the hell out of it and finished everything but point lookout mainly because after the mothership one she was spent.

From what I gather, Point Lookout seemed to be less linear and more sandbox-ish. I'll be picking up Vegas if for nothing else than to let Rae blast through it.

When my queue gets a bit smaller I plan on playing through everything in one go. Lookin forward to it.
bill

Postby Serano » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Hmmm 1 and 2 are COMPLETELY different games. They are a product of their times. I loaded them up recently and played thru 1 again and only made it to my first town in 2. Still both "playable" If you like Worff I can send you the discs on loan if interested. Actually I got a VERY VERY good patch for 2 which includes 2 zones that they left in the code but not in the final release - and fixed some other odd things some of which I had noticed.

Meanwhile - 3 was great loved it. only got the brotherhood expansion - meant to get point lookout sometime - however - everything is totally easy easy except for keeping dogmeat alive - so at this point I am just going thru content without a challenge when I play.
Serano
Officer

Postby bill » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:19 pm

hehe, somehow rae got the game to glitch out and Dogmeat doesn't take damage. I wasn't sure if it was intended or not until she told me that he is supposed to be able to die. Was that something one of the expansions may have fixed?

edit
yeah that game looked as easy as Oblivion was. It was fun and all, but 0 difficulty.
bill

Postby Worff » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:14 pm

bill wrote:hehe, somehow rae got the game to glitch out and Dogmeat doesn't take damage. I wasn't sure if it was intended or not until she told me that he is supposed to be able to die. Was that something one of the expansions may have fixed?

SetEssential 000156f6 1 <-- charon
SetEssential 0006a772 1 <--dogmeat
SetEssential 000156e5 1 <-- star paladin cross
SetEssential 00000a71 1 <--- jericho
SetEssential 0003d34e 1 <--- fawkes

Hehe yeah Oblivion was rather easy, even on high difficulty setting.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Serano » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 am

APPARENTLY - if you don't get Dogmeat until after you have installed brotherhood of Steel - he gains levels - and then by the time you guys are 30 he is just as tough as Faukes. Unfortunately - I already had Dogmeat by the time I installed the DLC so I dunno. Dogmeat dies twice as much now because of the new rad scorpions and ghouls.
Serano
Officer

Postby bill » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:16 am

btw I am talking about fallout for the 360, not the PC. Much harder to cheat on that one ;)
bill

Postby Worff » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:51 am

bill wrote:btw I am talking about fallout for the 360, not the PC. Much harder to cheat on that one ;)

Oh haha .. yeah no clue how it would happen on there. Even if Dogmeat (or other sidekick) can't be killed, they can still be knocked unconcious and will stay that way until no aggro on you... and like Serano says with new ghouls and rads that will happen most of the time. I quit taking a sidekick I told em all to take a walk.
Worff
Webmaster

Postby Ceruis » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Worff wrote:Hehe yeah Oblivion was rather easy, even on high difficulty setting.

I did not like Oblivion because everything scaled off your character's level. The same hole of goblins or whatever would always be as powerful as I was no matter how many levels I gained. Morrowind though...$$ Love that game.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Serano » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I dunno. I have seen Dogmeat die every time I go blitz into a new encounter - but I have never managed to get Fawkes killed - on accident.

Problem is after you finish Brotherhood of steel - kind of ran out of stuff other than exploring, and my hobby of dressing up as many guards and traders in Enclave armor (can't sell it to them - have to steal it to them!)
Serano
Officer

Postby Worff » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Heh .. I won't even tell ya what I did one time from having nothing left to do in Fallout 3... well ok I will ! lol ... Went to every city and/or camp and removeallitems on all the adult females .. so the entire wasteland all adult females were in only underwear :D Hehe had already explored everything, played all expansions... and 3 full replays.

Hey I was bored lol.
Worff
Webmaster

Return to EQ2 and Other games