Oil Spill

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Oil Spill

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:17 am

WTF is wrong with people?!? This event happened almost 2 MONTHS ago and today they decide to use government resources to try and stop the leak? Why the hell wasn't everything this planet had put into use after 1 week? This planet needs a plague and hopefully this is the beginning.

I can't wait to see how long it takes them to decide to have the DoD nuke the pipeline to close it off. 2-3 more months down the line after massive damage has been done, I'm betting.

It is pitiful this type of thing can happen.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Re: Oil Spill

Postby bill » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:02 pm

I was mentioning the other day that this would make an excellent fiction story about how it wasn't an accident but an act of terrorism on such a scale that admitting to terrorism would cause widespread panic.

At least, I sure hope it would be fiction :help
bill

Postby Meso » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:18 pm

bill wrote:I was mentioning the other day that this would make an excellent fiction story about how it wasn't an accident but an act of terrorism on such a scale that admitting to terrorism would cause widespread panic.

At least, I sure hope it would be fiction :help

"Coincidentally" just a few weeks before this happened Obama had announced that offshore drilling restrictions would be relaxed.

Add it with the conspiracy list with the second shooter in Dallas and the CIA being behind 9/11. :thumbup :jester
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Ceruis » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:59 pm

The only thing the government should be doing is making sure the "proper" people are held accountable. Point blank, everything the government sticks their finger into they screw up and make 10 times worse. You can put all the talking heads you want on T.V, they still don't know jack about what really going on. If you think BP has just been idling standing by while all the money escapes your on crack.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby ThinkInk » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:30 am

Ceruis wrote:If you think BP has just been idling standing by while all the money escapes your on crack.

Actually I do believe that BP is just standing around not doing much and waiting to see what happens. BP made 160 BILLION profit in 2009 and so far has spent less than 1 billion on the clean-up/compensation/well closing efforts. Their president told their board of directors the Gulf is a very large area and the spill affects just a minor portion of it. Is it besides the point that none of the people, or the land affected, are British?

We should in effect freeze all their assets and throw as many billions as possible into the quickest fix for this mess. Then after the well is finally capped we should indict GW Bush on criminal charges, for relaxing the requirements to have a backup safety valve to prevent this specific disaster from happening.
ThinkInk

Postby Ceruis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:59 am

ThinkInk wrote:Then after the well is finally capped we should indict GW Bush on criminal charges, for relaxing the requirements to have a backup safety valve to prevent this specific disaster from happening.

I think it is amazing that people still point the finger at Bush for every little problem. Forget for a moment that Bush's hands were tied for two years by a democratically controlled Congress and House. They, the people in CONGRESS AND THE SENATE, had the ability to write a bill at anytime they wanted to MANDATE anything they wanted. Did they? Of course not. Please stop forgetting that the President of the United States of America does not operate in a vacuum.

What your doing saying it all Bush's fault is saying at the exact same time that it all of OBAMA's fault. Who was at the helm? Who had the ability to change any regulation among millions of them with a Presidential Directive? (Oh, and a side question, who do our Regulators report to since they are making want amounts to Law without any side note?) But nobody blaming Obama are they? Why? Probably because he does no wrong. It wasn't 48 hours later that Bush was thrown under the bus about Katrina though the people who really failed were the states and the city governemnts (New Orleans...what? No evac plan? Must be Bush's fault!)

But all this is garbage. What people really need to do is step back from what going on, take a look at their Constitution (which was presented today btw), and then see how the responsibility for the nation was divided up. Who can make law? Who can take us to war? Who commands the troops? Who responsible for responding to local disasters (KATRINA AND THE OIL SPILL)? What must happen before the federal government can take action within the states? The list is endless. Answer your questions with facts, not your assumptions. Indict Bush.....LMFAO!

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Ayragon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm

you think that shit is bad......with the new HST (tax) in Ontario (that would be Canada) it costs $70 now for a bottle of Crown Royal, and $14.50 for smokes.....so a nice trip to the gas station the and the liquor store, I'm out $200. To Dalton Macginty, I got your HST right here.........
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Bush should have been assainated along time ago.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Ceruis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:39 pm

lol...I can always count on you goofy :D

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Serano » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Drill baby, drill! There is so much oil down there - we can can get CO2 levels FAR above what they were when the dinosaurs were here. Don't give up people!
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Meso » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:28 pm

constantly amazes me that anyone would even try to defend bush. He's actually only guilty of being stupid, and you just can't fix stupid. Seems to be contageous though. Dunno if he infected his minions or if they infected him, but the stupid thing seems to have infected the entire party. :jester
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Ceruis » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Meso wrote:constantly amazes me that anyone would even try to defend bush. He's actually only guilty of being stupid, and you just can't fix stupid. Seems to be contageous though. Dunno if he infected his minions or if they infected him, but the stupid thing seems to have infected the entire party. :jester

It constantly amazes me that people blame him for everything that wrong in this country. The President of the United States of America has a lot of pull, but he ain't got that much. Once again I invite you to study up on how this country operates and read some of those screwed up bills your Congress and Senate have passed. Then I invite you to review the Supreme Court's judicial decisions that effect how law is interpeted. You can blame Bush for some things but you can by no means hold him the sole accountable person for everything.

I think I agree with Goofy..A massive plague needs to come and wipe humanity off the face of the earth.

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Ceruis » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Serano wrote:Drill baby, drill! There is so much oil down there - we can can get CO2 levels FAR above what they were when the dinosaurs were here. Don't give up people!

Wonder how much green house gases Eyjafjallajökull pumped out this year...

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Worff » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Serano wrote:Drill baby, drill! There is so much oil down there - we can can get CO2 levels FAR above what they were when the dinosaurs were here. Don't give up people!

Heh, we'll show them damn dinosaurs who's boss? Eh, who's your daddy now T-Rex? Oh wait .. they win, they got smacked down by a planet-killin asteroid, or does theory count?

Some ex-vice president (not gonna mention names {cough}) would probably claim the high CO2 levels attracted the asteroid towards the earth! lol
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby bill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:41 am

Bush made me leave the guild.
bill

Next

Return to Open Chat