Asking for Buffs...

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Asking for Buffs...

Postby ThinkInk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Nobody ever asks me for buffs, but I am an expert at begging for them! But, no matter how I ask it invariably ends with a: "Plz"!, and starts with a: "May I"!

I am not naming anyone as you know who you are but the next time you send someone a /tell saying: Buff me, you are done in my book. It's even worse when you are asking for buffs from the wrong class!

Be courteous, it's a measure of respect for your fellow players.
ThinkInk

Re: Asking for Buffs...

Postby eqaztun » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 am

Lol i have been asked for Unity and cleric shit and even ranger buffs and come to think of it they always said give me never a please anywhere its a sad day when a warrior is asked for buffs and not asked nicely...
eqaztun

Postby Serano » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 am

I dunno - I am pretty gruff when I send tells for buffs.

its ussually like

/tell dk mind candy/haste
/tell dsham full line up
/tell cleric best hit points

I dont' use please, thank you or any of that. sometimes I do thank someone for a rez. I mean, aren't please, thank you and long sentences understood?

The real problem is that people ask for buffs in /gu /say or /rsay. send it in tell to the class you wanta buff from.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby saeinya » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 am

i always say thank yoy when asking for buffs. i dont usually when they are mgb'd. coming from a buffer, i like seeing the thank you or ty. it shows you appreciate the time that person spent to buff you when they didnt have to. =)
saeinya

Postby ThinkInk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 am

Serano wrote:I dunno - I am pretty gruff when I send tells for buffs.

its ussually like

/tell dk mind candy/haste
/tell dsham full line up
/tell cleric best hit points

I dont' use please, thank you or any of that. sometimes I do thank someone for a rez. I mean, aren't please, thank you and long sentences understood?

The real problem is that people ask for buffs in /gu /say or /rsay. send it in tell to the class you wanta buff from.

Perhaps after you've been a guildie for a while and/or know the person your requesting to buff you the above may be acceptable. But from an app, or an individual with whom you only play occasionally during raids, it's unacceptable.

As far as sending /tells to the classes you want to buff you the first thing you ought to know is what class has what buffs to offer! <EQ 101> And that /tells is the prefered method of getting buffed in a raid setting while playing with our Guild. <TF101>

To clear up some misunderstanding the buff request was not made to Robag. But if it had been I would have posted this under Humor!
Last edited by ThinkInk on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkInk

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:39 am

It also helps if you aren't running around /role or /anon.

I never figured out why anybody would do either.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Bilnick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 am

/role used to block the plat seller spam. /anon I never get. Why join a guild if you don't want to show your guild tag?
Bilnick
Officer

Postby eqaztun » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:56 am

Bilnick wrote:/role used to block the plat seller spam. /anon I never get. Why join a guild if you don't want to show your guild tag?

Alot of people go /role to block there class as well as in shammies and cleric's and other classes so while running through the GL they dont get spammed for buffs...
eqaztun

Postby Atzanik » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 am

ThinkInk wrote:Perhaps after you've been a guildie for a while and/or know the person your requesting to buff you the above may be acceptable. But from an app, or an individual with whom you only play occasionally during raids, it's unacceptable.

As far as sending /tells to the classes you want to buff you the first thing you ought to know is what class has what buffs to offer! <EQ 101> And that /tells is the prefered method of getting buffed in a raid setting while playing with our Guild. <TF101>

To clear up some misunderstanding the buff request was not made to Robag. But if it had been I would have posted this under Humor!

I couldn't agree more, or have said that any better Robag.

Regardless why anyone would be /anon or /role, if you don't know the person and don't have the ability to figure out what class they are (Alt+R if in Raid, Alt+G if in Guild, looking at spells that they are casting if around you), don't bother them with random tells asking for buffs that they may or may not have.

If I get a tell from someone I don't know asking for a buff of some sort and it's worded politely, and I have time, I'm more than happy to cast requested buff. If I get someone I don't know sending me a tell in super short form with no "please", or "may I", or any sense of polite sentence construction, I simply ignore the person. Call me an ass, I don't care... I figure if people can't take the time to figure out the simple things and form a polite query, I can't be bothered to acknowledge them.

If I get a tell from someone I know that I don't totally despise, requesting a buff, regardless of how they word it, I'm more than happy to cast whatever it is they want. I tend to give people that I know and I get along with much more leeway than a total stranger.
Atzanik

Postby Chadeaux » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I usually type

/who cleric all then shoot my tell , dont recall and please but usually say thanks, the reason is I am also typing /who ranger , who enchanter , who shammy lol and so on and trying to pay attention to directions at the same time! some nights I might be fun and say gimmie uber buffage stuffage that you can only supply? I promis if your bodie is lost I will take time to find you even when you worried the raid forgot you!! *hugs**

however I guess no buffs is usually fine with me too hahah !
Chadeaux

Postby Thulack » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Ive tried to figure out which buffing class toons have the best attendance and usally a /tell (said high % raider) (buff needed) please. if i have time i shoot a thanks or add a when mana permits to request after wipes. its just common courtesy like holding a door for someone when entering or leaving somewhere. Some people are just raised with better manners then others and it seems the older a person is the harder it is to teach them manners.
Thulack

Postby Chadeaux » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 pm

haha like the old dog doesnt learn new tricks? I always thought the young just didnt do it any more !! haha any ways good buffing and raiding is what its all about. make the raid strong and take it down! oh and above all ffs have fun doing it :)
Chadeaux

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 am

If you are asking for buffs, you are probably to gimp to be raiding anyway!

Buffs are a crutch and make you rely on others. Needing buffs is no different then needing crack. Stop trying to force your addiction onto others. Try and make it on your own for once in your lives!

Hi, my name is Goofy and I'm a buff whore...Hello Goofy!

They have meetings for this shit! Get your life back under control!! Just say NO to buffs!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Antok » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I really love people who ask for buffs from the wrong class. I used to hand out a LOT of okeil's flickerig flame while boxing Uilea. I'm always as specific as I know how to be in buff requests, but I usually don't remember the name of the actual buff. I think I've been calling the combined cleric HP/AC buf aegolism since vex thal was highend.

I usually say please and thank you but if I'm in a hurry I very well might not. Honestly, buffing classes are at raids to buff, it's part of their raid-job. Gruff buff requests may be annoying, but when it comes down to it, I don't see anything wrong with them. Most of the time in my life when I've said shit like "buffs please" to a shaman, it's because I was juggling a hundred other things - going along with it and just buffing the person will make the raid run smoother. Speaking as antok-the-cleric, I actually usually preferred buff requests that were simple and to the point in any raid situation anyway, because it let me react to them faster. Speaking as Ferg or Maelmord or whoever the hell else - I would never expect to be thanked for, say, offtanking a mob that had been killing a caster - it's just part of my job. I would definitely not stop picking mobs up off Serano just because the bastard never thanks me for it.

However, anyone just going "buff me" to people in the GH or whatever when it's not a raid is just a jackass and should be ignored if not shot.
Antok

Return to Open Chat