Split - Raid and Tank DPS

Moderator: Officers

Split - Raid and Tank DPS

Postby ThinkInk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:35 am

Currently either Sauly or Robag can do MB easilly. From what I've seen Rodrigo should be able to once he learns the event.
ThinkInk

Re: Weapon Aggro (Warriors!)

Postby eqaztun » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 am

ThinkInk wrote:Currently either Sauly or Robag can do MB easilly. From what I've seen Rodrigo should be able to once he learns the event.

KK well whats Rodrigo HP and AC unbuffed? and do you think we have the DPS and heals to say do Pallorax? Pallorax needs about 40-50K dps to take him down...
eqaztun

Postby ThinkInk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:10 pm

I really don't want to commit our raid force to anything too extremely hard or complicated, at least until everyone is comfortable with each other in a raid situation.
It would also be important to find out if we can continue to muster 50+ people for every raid.

Ask me again in 2 months time.
ThinkInk

Postby eqaztun » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm

ThinkInk wrote:I really don't want to commit our raid force to anything too extremely hard or complicated, at least until everyone is comfortable with each other in a raid situation.
It would also be important to find out if we can continue to muster 50+ people for every raid.

Ask me again in 2 months time.

I dont care about comfertable but two or three atempts at Pallorax each week will give everyone the ability to get to know who they can count on and Robag can you use gamparse to see who is actually healing you and for what? would be nice to see what cleric's and all healer classes are actually doing...
eqaztun

Postby Ayragon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:27 am

we don't have 40-50K raid dps ....more in the 25-35K range..depending on size.
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby eqaztun » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 am

Ayragon wrote:we don't have 40-50K raid dps ....more in the 25-35K range..depending on size.

Hmmm... If everyone pushed I think we may be able to do it... I meen i can just about one tank pallorax and robag has gotten up there in HP and AC since i last raided with im and so has Sauly i think between the three of us we can take him out tanking wise... I meen there is some nice gear tat drops from him.
eqaztun

Postby Thanodus » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:50 am

we did hit ( if i read my parse right) 50k on a a BB hit week ago or so
Thanodus

Postby Ayragon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:52 am

thats only cause I was there......so normally 25-30K .....muaahahahaaa

:twak
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Belos » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:56 am

Personally I would focus on getting QM down on normal and hard, before and Kora raids. Then move to General Bahgresh and maybe Palllorax. Really a steady cycle of Old BB and QM on normal and hard during a month or so, mix in a few General Bahgresh, and add UF group gear and Pallorax is yours. After you got that down add VL and get your warriors some shadow soulblades.
Belos

Postby Thulack » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

/agree with Belos. I didnt mind tryin Tyrant the other day but why are we trying to skip ahead in progression when dont even really have QM on farm status yet? I think our raids should be BB norm/hard, QM norm/hard. That should take up 1 and half raid nights if we do as well as we did on saturday. then make saturday raids either tryin MMM since most of you think that is the proper progression to do. Personally i would like to go back and Do Solteris raids to get OMM flagged and then can put those on a night to do aswell instead of wasting time on MMM but thats just me. I find that going and doing raids that you really have 0% chance of winning lowers moral of the players. Also Aztun did you look at our parses the other night? we might have 4-5 toons that top 3k dps. That really isnt gonna do much if we try and kill pallo.
Thulack

Postby ThinkInk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Thulack wrote:/agree with Belos. I didnt mind tryin Tyrant the other day but why are we trying to skip ahead in progression when dont even really have QM on farm status yet? I think our raids should be BB norm/hard, QM norm/hard. That should take up 1 and half raid nights if we do as well as we did on saturday. then make saturday raids either tryin MMM since most of you think that is the proper progression to do. Personally i would like to go back and Do Solteris raids to get OMM flagged and then can put those on a night to do aswell instead of wasting time on MMM but thats just me. I find that going and doing raids that you really have 0% chance of winning lowers moral of the players. Also Aztun did you look at our parses the other night? we might have 4-5 toons that top 3k dps. That really isnt gonna do much if we try and kill pallo.

I think the reason we try to do other hits from time to time is that people just plain get bored with the same events over and over. And if people are bored they just don't show up for raids.

But I don't see how this is the right thread for this discussion!
ThinkInk

Re: Split - Raid and Tank DPS

Postby Ceruis » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Splited off Weapons. Still not the right forum but in the interest of keeping all interested parties involves (Belos) left here. Feel free to post your ideas for maximizing DPS and call Robag a wimp here. :jester
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Re: Split - Raid and Tank DPS

Postby Belos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Just posting on a open thread ). Yeah probably not a good idea to post such stuff on open thread and keep it in house.

Anyways... healing parses can be helpful and fun, but if you want to keep track of your healers I would just have them make hot keys for their healing spells and announce what they are healing and to whom in auction or a healing channel. That way people can see who is healing who and it can help healers "fill in gaps" and rather then have multiple healers casting heals at the same time. I remember Damann or that monk..Fryesomething tried to get that going. Don't remember that still happening when I have popped by on a raid hit, maybe it does. If healer are organized you can do a lot with a little.
Belos

Return to Class Specific Discussion