Demons Souls

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Demons Souls

Postby Horcrux » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Anyone else get this freaking amazing PS3 game that just came out? It reminds me of old days EQ, in that there is no reset and the game is very unforgiving and has lasting consequences when you die or do something stupid, not to mention it is ridiculously hard.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux
Member
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Highscores: 12

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Ceruis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 am

16 bucks...serano will spot you that if you can't come up with it yourself...then a couple hours of downloading...I can do step by step instructionsn if it too hard for ya to figure out yourself :D
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Image
Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
User avatar
Ceruis
Officer
 
Posts: 1990
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Dead in a Ditch!
Highscores: 1

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Horcrux » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:38 am

Ceruis wrote:16 bucks...serano will spot you that if you can't come up with it yourself...then a couple hours of downloading...I can do step by step instructionsn if it too hard for ya to figure out yourself :D


Lol Ceruis. Obviously, if I just bought a $60 game then it is the time commitment not the money :). Oh, and the drama some people create. Just reading random new flame threads every once and a while reminds me another reason why I stopped playing!
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux
Member
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Highscores: 12

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Serano » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 am

Tarvas giving away my money again. I dunno, the attempts to flame and stir drama always seem effective on some, but they don't phase me one bit. peeps bringing drama because of a game/hobby. This would be like Remote control Car/airplane hobbiest dragging sludge around their fellow enthusiasts over which ones fly highest, drive fastest play with the most other higher flying, fastest drivers RC buys. just bizarre behavior.
User avatar
Serano
Officer
 
Posts: 12840
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:40 am
Location: Victorville, Sunny So Cal.
Highscores: 144

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Bilnick » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Horcrux wrote:
Ceruis wrote:16 bucks...serano will spot you that if you can't come up with it yourself...then a couple hours of downloading...I can do step by step instructionsn if it too hard for ya to figure out yourself :D


Lol Ceruis. Obviously, if I just bought a $60 game then it is the time commitment not the money :). Oh, and the drama some people create. Just reading random new flame threads every once and a while reminds me another reason why I stopped playing!


Oh yeah!?!? PS3 Sux! Xbox rules!

There is far more immaturity on Xbox Live, especially on the Call of Duty or Halo type games.

I have been looking at Sacred 2, that one looks fun. Maybe for Xmas.

Zombie Apocalypse isn't bad for $10, kind of repetitive, but fun with 2-4 real players.
User avatar
Bilnick
Officer
 
Posts: 5494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:32 pm
Location: Saline, Michigan

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Horcrux » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:03 am

Bilnick wrote:
Horcrux wrote:
Ceruis wrote:16 bucks...serano will spot you that if you can't come up with it yourself...then a couple hours of downloading...I can do step by step instructionsn if it too hard for ya to figure out yourself :D


Lol Ceruis. Obviously, if I just bought a $60 game then it is the time commitment not the money :). Oh, and the drama some people create. Just reading random new flame threads every once and a while reminds me another reason why I stopped playing!


Oh yeah!?!? PS3 Sux! Xbox rules!

There is far more immaturity on Xbox Live, especially on the Call of Duty or Halo type games.

I have been looking at Sacred 2, that one looks fun. Maybe for Xmas.

Zombie Apocalypse isn't bad for $10, kind of repetitive, but fun with 2-4 real players.


I have an XBox 360 too Bilnick :). I've become a console enthusiast over the last year or two. I don't play much online though. I never got into CoD or Halo games enough to even buy them myself. Only shooter games I've ever gotten into are the Gears of War games and Fear 2, and those were for the story not the multiplayer.

Whats awesome about the Demon's Souls multiplayer is it is so unique. When you die in the game, you become a phantom and lose a lot of your power (making it that much harder to kill something already hard enough to kill you). To become alive again you have to do one of two things, either use up a very rare item, or interact in the multiplayer. Now, if you choose multiplayer, you can either forcefully invade another live person's game and hunt them down and PvP them ( which is a hell of a lot of fun ), or aid them in beating their next boss. Up until invading or helping, your world is your own and only you can fight your monsters. Otherwise, you stay dead until you can manage to beat your next boss at half power. As you are going through the levels you can also leave messages for everyone else to read. You can leave hints on enemy weaknesses, hidden items, etc. Or, you can leave misleading messages which are fun too. After fighting one boss on the edge of a cliff, I left a message saying "take a step forward for hidden treasure", and then watched about 4 people jump off the cliff to their deaths (and remember, deaths in this game are drastic). Lastly, the levels you go through are covered with bloodstains. A bloodstain is where another player online has died, and you can touch the bloodstains and watch a phantom image of how they died, which is crazy useful.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux
Member
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Highscores: 12

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Ceruis » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:11 am

Your still evil I see :D
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Image
Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
User avatar
Ceruis
Officer
 
Posts: 1990
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: Dead in a Ditch!
Highscores: 1

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Serano » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Horcrux wrote:
Bilnick wrote:
Horcrux wrote:
Ceruis wrote:16 bucks...serano will spot you that if you can't come up with it yourself...then a couple hours of downloading...I can do step by step instructionsn if it too hard for ya to figure out yourself :D


Lol Ceruis. Obviously, if I just bought a $60 game then it is the time commitment not the money :). Oh, and the drama some people create. Just reading random new flame threads every once and a while reminds me another reason why I stopped playing!


Oh yeah!?!? PS3 Sux! Xbox rules!

There is far more immaturity on Xbox Live, especially on the Call of Duty or Halo type games.

I have been looking at Sacred 2, that one looks fun. Maybe for Xmas.

Zombie Apocalypse isn't bad for $10, kind of repetitive, but fun with 2-4 real players.


I have an XBox 360 too Bilnick :). I've become a console enthusiast over the last year or two. I don't play much online though. I never got into CoD or Halo games enough to even buy them myself. Only shooter games I've ever gotten into are the Gears of War games and Fear 2, and those were for the story not the multiplayer.

Whats awesome about the Demon's Souls multiplayer is it is so unique. When you die in the game, you become a phantom and lose a lot of your power (making it that much harder to kill something already hard enough to kill you). To become alive again you have to do one of two things, either use up a very rare item, or interact in the multiplayer. Now, if you choose multiplayer, you can either forcefully invade another live person's game and hunt them down and PvP them ( which is a hell of a lot of fun ), or aid them in beating their next boss. Up until invading or helping, your world is your own and only you can fight your monsters. Otherwise, you stay dead until you can manage to beat your next boss at half power. As you are going through the levels you can also leave messages for everyone else to read. You can leave hints on enemy weaknesses, hidden items, etc. Or, you can leave misleading messages which are fun too. After fighting one boss on the edge of a cliff, I left a message saying "take a step forward for hidden treasure", and then watched about 4 people jump off the cliff to their deaths (and remember, deaths in this game are drastic). Lastly, the levels you go through are covered with bloodstains. A bloodstain is where another player online has died, and you can touch the bloodstains and watch a phantom image of how they died, which is crazy useful.

I Play wii mario cart online from time to time.
User avatar
Serano
Officer
 
Posts: 12840
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:40 am
Location: Victorville, Sunny So Cal.
Highscores: 144

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Bilnick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Serano wrote:I Play wii mario cart online from time to time.


Me too!
User avatar
Bilnick
Officer
 
Posts: 5494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:32 pm
Location: Saline, Michigan

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Jamjum » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah i picked this up too.

Brutal difficulty lol. Very good feeling when you finally get past something that is ridiculously overpowered or difficult.

On that note a great way to learn the ins and outs is start with a Royal class. They start with a Fragrant Ring, which slowly lets their mana regenerate over time, plus the Soul Arrow spell. Their armor is worse than the thief though and they only start at soul level 1. But they alreayd have high enough stats for both spells and miracles (if you get a holy symbol).
Image-ImageImage
User avatar
Jamjum
Member
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:03 am
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Horcrux » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Jamjum wrote:Yeah i picked this up too.

Brutal difficulty lol. Very good feeling when you finally get past something that is ridiculously overpowered or difficult.

On that note a great way to learn the ins and outs is start with a Royal class. They start with a Fragrant Ring, which slowly lets their mana regenerate over time, plus the Soul Arrow spell. Their armor is worse than the thief though and they only start at soul level 1. But they alreayd have high enough stats for both spells and miracles (if you get a holy symbol).


I have not been as royally pissed at dieing in a game since old school EQ. I spent a couple hours dungeon crawling in the second world, coming close to dieing multiple times, and being terrified that an enemy was around a corner ready to backstab me, only to accidently fall off a cliff or forget to block and die, which means I now get to repeat everything I just did, but at a lower max hp!

As you get used to the game mechanics though, it does become easier in a sense (especially as you learn what to expect around corners and in certain rooms). My first character was a Royalty class, and it took me 3 hours to get to and beat the first demon, then I spent 3 more hours attempting to plow through and beat the second demon. Well, what didn't help is I didn't know about soul levels yet, and so I wasn't upgrading my stats. So, first character, 6 hours in and only one demon kill and soul level 1. Next character was a Wanderer, and at 12 hours in I had 5 demon kills under my belt, and was at soul level 35, but I had made some bad choices about killing a couple NPC characters, and so I restarted. Third character and I wasted the first 2 worlds (5 demons) in under 5 hours, and at 12 hours I had 7 demon kills, soul level 65, and lots of nice upgraded equipment this time. I've now finished the first three worlds. The final boss to world three is a pain in the ass, as the game summons a random dead player to play the boss against you, and it took me about 10 tries before I faced off with another PC I had more skill than. First boss in world 4 down, not too hard. But god damn, second level in world four and the regular monsters are kicking my ass and handing it back to me. Gotta grind me some soul levels (and i've already spent a lot of time grinding). Amazing game still!

Oh, and yes, I am still evil :). I love the feeling of invading another PC's world, and stalking them and attempting to take them out when they least expect it. I invaded in world 2, and saw where the person was, so I snuck around them and hid in a small alcove in a passageway. The instant the PC walked past me I ran up and backstabbed him, and then finished him off with one more hit. I was filled with glee, knowing that I just caused him the anguish of becoming a phantom player so that I could get my body back! And that he had absolutely no chance to defend himself as I pulled off that assassination so well.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux
Member
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Highscores: 12

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Jamjum » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:11 am

Hehe.

I'm using a +3 Estoc in my right hand, with a wooden catalyst as a switch for spells (better than silver for magic but its physical attack is less).
Left hand I have a steel shield +3.

I also have a bow in my left hand switch. It might seem like it wouldn't work but it works well. hit it and the shield goes out.. as soon as you use it the sword goes away and you can aim etc.. while the sword stays 'equipped' but suspended. switch back to the shield at any point and the sword is active again. Using the silver circlet and the ragged robes set from 1-1, except for the bracers.. using silver bracelets to get extra souls.

As I am currently 'alive' I'm using fragrant ring and ring of magical sharpness to enhance spells. I also have flame toss. more damage against soft or low fire res targets than soul arrow.

Soul level 24 atm. 616 hp / 136 mana.

I need to kill me some npc black phantoms and get the black eye stone.
Image-ImageImage
User avatar
Jamjum
Member
 
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:03 am
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Horcrux » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Just started my New Game +. The last boss is a pain in the ass! Monsters in the New Game + are over twice as hard as they were in the regular run through. And I guess there are difficulties up to New Game ++++! Holy crap.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux
Member
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Highscores: 12

Re: Demons Souls

Postby EQIsenhart » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Yeah I got Demon's Souls last week, pretty good game haven't had much free time to play but it's pretty damn good.
Image
User avatar
EQIsenhart
Member
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:28 am
Location: WV
Highscores: 2

Re: Demons Souls

Postby Horcrux » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Bout to end my second run through right now. First run through you can basically brute force your way through the game, and just out level the demons. Second run through... good freaking lord were parts of it difficult. There's no brute forcing your way through the second run through. The difficulty of the monsters sharply rises, whereas the rate at which your strength increases peaks early on, and slows down. I'm at about Soul Level 150 right now, and while I've finished all but the last demon on my second walk through I still can get 2 shotted by most monsters. Most demons can 1 shot me.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux
Member
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:47 pm
Highscores: 12

Next

Return to Open Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron