Aion...

If you are done with EQ or trying other games - chat about them here.

Moderator: Officers

Aion...

Postby Horcrux » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 pm

So, the new MMORPG Aion came out a couple weeks ago. I picked it up a few days ago to give it a try, and I'm still on the fence. Wondering if anyone else is trying it. The graphics are amazing (though choppy on my semi outdated vid card), and the characters you can create are just stunningly beautiful. I spent over an hour creating my first character.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Re: Aion...

Postby Ceruis » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:12 pm

I got an idea...how about you spend 5 minutes and REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!!!!!

:jester
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Horcrux » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Lol Ceruis. Sadly, I believe I am completely done with EQ. Not because it isn't fun, but because I know what would happen if I play it again. I played it for a long long time, since release before Kunark, and I have seen everything EQ has to offer in the casual game, even a lot of the raid game and some end game stuff. Sure, EQ comes out with expansions faster than Octomom pops out kids, but I know that if I play again, the only way I'll be able to do something new in EQ is to put in the time to be end game quality, and right now I don't want to do that. So, now that I do have a little bit of extra time and money (woohoo for b eing done with college and having a career!) I'm looking for a newer game where I'll actually be able to do new stuff without a ton of time commitment.

I'm actually looking at getting Demon Souls for the PS3 this weekend. Reviews tell it as an amazing RPG, and incredibly hard, with an interesting multiplayer aspect (but isn't required). May spend some time on that.

Horcrux

Postby Frogstew » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 am

Mell and I picked up 2 copies this past week and have been playing it. Agree about the graphics. I think Mell has spent more time customizing her characters looks than playing the game! She's got a couple of little hotties now...

We're only level 11, but it's a pretty simple, easy to play game. No idea about end-game, but it seems from comments that after level 30, most people spent their time LFG.

Frogstew
Frogstew

Postby Serano » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:41 am

There is too much MMRPG Competition. dilution kinda sucks for the genre as who the hell knows which game to play - which ones will their friends like - which one will last.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Horcrux » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Aion was fun to mess around with, but I did not renew my subscription after the free month. Now I'm back on FFXI messing around a bit. I picked it up on the 360 so now I'm 2-boxing it and it is fun that way. I never really liked the forced multiplayer of MMORPGs, not even on Everquest, so I'm trying to find a balance. Guess I'll see what all I can do with 2 characters in FFXI

Horcrux

Postby Bilnick » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 am

EQ is much more "solo" friendly with mercenaries. Supposedly the new expansion will be GoD-like difficulty, so the solo+merc groups may not find it as easy, but we will see. So if you wanted you could camp a named for a spawn or two and walk away, but the urge for "just one more cycle" is always there.

I don't know that I would ever want to play another MMORPG after EQ. I have tried EQ2 and it never really captured me like EQ1. I doubt any MMO will ever have that first time magic like EQ did and it will always be compared to EQ with me.

I think all EQ really needs to do is revamp the player charachter models and armor graphics. The modern zone and npc graphics are quite nice.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Jahras » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Bilnick wrote:I don't know that I would ever want to play another MMORPG after EQ... I doubt any MMO will ever have that first time magic like EQ did and it will always be compared to EQ with me.

Exactly how I feel. I think EQ was my first and last MMO. None of that other games quite had that spark I got from EQ.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Serano » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:21 pm

Funny thing is - I could really go for another MMO. I mean - there are tons that are interesting to me. I never tried dozens that I woulda liked to play around with - but I always figured if I don't have time for EQ, I don't think I can spend it on another.

Altho I do play toontown. once I month I log on to Free Realms - altho less now that my daughter has lost interest - which is funny is I finally have two computers capable of running it so we can play together oh well.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Return to EQ2 and Other games