new loot

A Place for All Non-Tribal to Get together and talk with our members

Moderator: Officers

Re: new loot

Postby Ceruis » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:40 am

Jimbop wrote:That really pisses me off how a bunch of raiders complain about it endlessly on the forums, the change happens, then those said raiders post things like "This wasn't changed because of us." It's obvious seeing the posts on the forums how many of them were complaining about it, yet they won't take credit for screwing over people when it does happen.

While I agree with your overall feelings on the matter I really don't think the high asshats had anything to do with this change. I think it a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. When they realized this gear would screw up the gear in Underfoot they had to do something about it and fast. Them being SoE Dev team. It probably a hell of a lot easier to change the stats on relatively few items than to have to rework an entire expansion worth of gear. Obviously the guy who is suppose to be coordinating between the different development teams failed.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Bilnick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 am

I think the dev's mistake was not realizing how easy the Naggy/Vox raids would be. Success on these raids was a sure thing. The rewards could have been left intact if the difficulty had been ramped up instead.

The idea that Underfoot group obtained gear is not going to be as good as the Naggy/Vox gear is the bad thing. Top tier group gear should be equal to, or slightly better than, the previous expansion's raid gear. The Devs would need permission from those with "Time Lord" or "Slayer of Dragons" in front of their name before they did this of course.....

The devs should not nerf any of the gear already obtained.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:02 am

They have to nerf the gear already obtained or it wouldn't be fair to anybody else who was working towards it but never got it. Good news is, at least you don't have to fuck with these reptitive missions anymore.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Jimbop » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Bilnick wrote:The devs should not nerf any of the gear already obtained.

Yeah, which is the unfortunate thing that they are going to be doing, nerfing any of the gear already obtained. While I do understand why they are doing this, it really is a shame that anyone who took advantage of this loot now has to be shafted for it, especially those that spent massive DKP amounts on this gear just to have it devalued. Those are really the people I feel bad for.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby cydian1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:43 pm

I want my DKP refunded, or at least a large percentage of it.
cydian1

Postby Ayragon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Let's see how bad it gets nerfed before we get too fired up....100HP's or so wouldn't be too bad...now 200 or 300 would be the suck
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

Postby Genjuu » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm just waiting to find out what that 1hb I bought is going to be nerfed to... I really REALLY hope it's still at least a little better than the one that I trib'd. As for DKP I'd assume there would be some kind of refund based on how much of a nerf the gear gets... lets face it, 120 DKP for a piece of "really good group gear" is a tad insane.
Genjuu

Highscores: 14

Postby Ceruis » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:02 am

Whatever happens I don't think we'll be able to complain too much about considering the GL took that 120 DKP bullet.

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Solarkat » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:27 am

We are talking about what will happen after we see what the loot is nerfed to.
Im hopeing that we can come to a good number of dkp that can be refunded if the nerf is to much..Bear with us on this.
Solarkat
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:39 am

Ain't EQ fun!
Goofydoofy

Postby Ceruis » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 am

Goofydoofy wrote:Ain't EQ fun!

At least we are actually winning real Dragon Kill Points... :banana

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:15 am

Ceruis wrote:
Goofydoofy wrote:Ain't EQ fun!

At least we are actually winning real Dragon Kill Points... :banana

Then something is fraudulant since there are no real dragons involved.
Goofydoofy

Postby Jimbop » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:46 am

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155874

Looks like Naggy and Vox just became completely worthless for our guild to farm. What a poor excuse for a "fix" to just completely zero out the item and make people now have to complete Crystallos in order to buy the "raid" gear. I guess I'm going to have to petition the next time I log in to reclaim the cloak I deleted when I upgraded it with the MM cloak I bought. :finger
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Postby Genjuu » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:05 am

Looks like I'm going to be going about with 1 weapon for a while. But HEY, I get my aug out of the poofed one for free! so Uh.... wtb MMM / Crystallos raids lol
Genjuu

Highscores: 14

Postby Ayragon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:21 am

hahahaha , there is no freaking possible way that Absor's quote on the fix can be right... Crystallos raids completed? What there on 2 guilds on Maelin that have done that? And are both in Tower, thus making the MM gear useless to them?

Oh man, this is a blunder of a fix........ I hope they don't roll it out.....I'd rather have the gear nerfed 10-20%, rather than have it nuked 100%.

( hehe, maybe thats the sneaky plan all along....come out with a fix that is sooooo outrageous, that people are begging for the 10-20% reduction instead )
Ayragon

Highscores: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Open Chat