Walmart

Enter at Your OWN risk.

Moderator: Officers

Walmart

Postby ThinkInk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 am

So, after landing my new job as a Wal-Mart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day......

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, unattractive, mean-acting woman walked into the store with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said pleasantly: 'Good morning and welcome to Wal-Mart. Nice children you have there. Are they twins?'

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say:
'Hell no, they ain't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one's 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?'

So I replied:
'I'm neither blind nor stupid, Ma'am, I just couldn't believe someone slept with you twice.
Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.'

My supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.
ThinkInk

Re: Walmart

Postby wuupas. » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:13 pm

wow, i want to be a wal-mart greeter for a day, just to do this
wuupas.

Postby Worff » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Walmart needs to hire more checkers instead of greeters (who also double as receipt police when you leave) .. usually there are 2000 people in the store and only 2 checkers working, and 20 empty registers. I hate Walmart.

Haha would be fun to be greeter for a day tho :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Meso » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:15 pm

screw the receipt police. I ignore them and walk right past. Haven't been stopped yet.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Serano » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 am

Meso wrote:screw the receipt police. I ignore them and walk right past. Haven't been stopped yet.

Hah hah - I was literally about to post the EXACT same thing. My favorite is after I buy something at best buy or whatever and then set off the alarm on the way out (happens far less frequently that used to) and they say hey wait a minute - I ignore them.

I have done everything right - I am not responsible for stopping and comparing my receipt with my merchandise. Also haven't been tackled yet.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Razuviious » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:34 am

I used to work in loss prevention at Kmart.

Legally you don't have to stop, don't have to show them your receipt, don't even have to acknowledge their existence.

Fortunately for me, no one knew this and I was a terrible terrible person to mean people. Hahaha
Razuviious

Postby Edwenya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:42 am

AH SO you were the one that pissed me off lol
Edwenya

Postby Horcrux » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Picked up some new Flip Flops at Walmart last week. I took them to Water World (our water theme park if you couldn't gather) yesterday, and when they got wet one of them released red dye out of the material and stained my left foot entirely red. Hurray for Walmart quality products! :finger Went to take them back today, and the stupid greeter bugged me, wanting to see my receipt, and was too curious why I was returning them, then thought I was lying about my foot being stained red. At that point I took my stuff back out of her hands, and walked over the customer service with her complaining behind my back. Oh, and yes, my foot is still stained blood red :sad: ...
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby cliffy » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Waterworld during thunderstorms and tornadoes in Westminster doesn't sound like much fun.
cliffy

Return to Humor