Circuit City going out of business.

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Circuit City going out of business.

Postby Bilnick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:12 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28691963/

I guess that 2 year extended warranty I bought on my hdtv a year ago from them is kaput.
Bilnick
Officer

Re: Circuit City going out of business.

Postby Ceruis » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:45 pm

that sux
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Seebozook » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Will Circuit City's extended warranties still be available on products purchased from liquidation stores?
Yes, we're making no changes to our Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans®. Coverage is national and purchases will still be protected just as they always were.
Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® have been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15 years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City's bankruptcy or liquidation.
Currently, all Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans are fully backed by the Assurant Solutions companies. Assurant Solutions operates as Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Sureway, Inc., and United Service Protection, Inc. Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), and its extended service contacts are backed by an Assurant insurance subsidiary rated A "Excellent" by A.M. Best Co.

Source: Circuitcity.com
Seebozook

Postby Worff » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:03 am

Always like Fry's and Best Buy way better anyway /nod .. but a major competitor of Best Buy going bankrupt I'm not real happy to see, their rivalry helped keep prices pretty low on some items (to lure peeps into the stores). At least that's how is seemed to be in Texas.
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:12 am

The only electronics shop around where I live is me breaking into somebodies home and stealing their TV.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Bilnick » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Worff wrote:Always like Fry's and Best Buy way better anyway /nod .. but a major competitor of Best Buy going bankrupt I'm not real happy to see, their rivalry helped keep prices pretty low on some items (to lure peeps into the stores). At least that's how is seemed to be in Texas.

Yeah we don't have any Fry's in the Ann Arbor area that I know of, but I bought a ton of HD DVDs online from them recently for cheap.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Stonecrush » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 pm

There is still Circuit City Canada I hear. I work for BBY, I don't like them except for the discount they provide me.

Bil I hope you won't need the CC warranty and your TV keeps running just fine.
Stonecrush

Postby Hipityhipity » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Bahh guess I threw my 100 dollers away that i threw at circuit city just in case they pulled out a miricle lol 100 dollar gamble at 23 cents a share was worth it even if it didnt pay off lol
Hipityhipity

Highscores: 4

Postby Redeemed » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm

Blockbuster took a look at their accounting department and it was not a suprise they opted out of a buyout/merger. So, I don't find this going out of business news to be anything suprising. IMO, Whats really killing the electronic stores are the online sites such as newegg.com

Hard to compete with their cheap prices. When I order something from there living in Texas, I don't have to pay a dime in sales tax. So... 8.25% off an already cheap purchase and Free shipping out the wazooo on lots of items.

*Barelron*
~~ 75 Cleric ~~
*Liquidator*
~~ 83 Berserker ~~

"A raid wipe is nothing more than a Beautiful Disaster"
Redeemed

Postby Horcrux » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Picked up a new 24in HD monitor at the Circuit City here that has HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs that will run my PS3 at 1080p for $200, I'm content.
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Horcrux » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Console Games (PS3, 360, etc), Computer games, and Movies are all 40% off now at our local Circuit City. Not too shabby.
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Jimbop » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:06 pm

I play EQ on my laptop now because it runs it so much better, but I noticed that when the fans kicked on to cool it down, the game would freeze up for a second, I stopped by Circuit City two days ago and bought one of the good laptop cooling pads they had there at 40% off and spent $20 on it. My fans now in my laptop don't have to kick on to high speed anymore. :) I also completed my collection of Futurama DVD sets since that was so cheap there.
Jimbop Nolastname
80 Returning Magician
Jimbop

Return to Real Life and Opinion