Obama's "Redistribution of Wealth"

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Re: Obama's "Redistribution of Wealth"

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Its kinda funny that all the talk is about Obama's Redist. of wealth downstream, but no talk at all goes on about Bush's redistibution of wealth upstream, and in particuilar from the private sector to the private...

Blackwater and the many other Govt. Defense contracts to Private sector companies owned by the retired cronies?
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby Bilnick » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Zyzzerzazz wrote:Its kinda funny that all the talk is about Obama's Redist. of wealth downstream, but no talk at all goes on about Bush's redistibution of wealth upstream, and in particuilar from the private sector to the private...

Blackwater and the many other Govt. Defense contracts to Private sector companies owned by the retired cronies?

Contracts being awarded to buddies of an elected official is not party specific. Heck we had an entire Airport in Detroit built by contractors who just happened to donate money to the County Commissioner (who was a democrat...again this happens with all elected officials). They even named the terminal after that Commissioner....so next time you fly into Detroit's McNamara Terminal, you know where the name is from. At least people were put to work from those shady contracts. I would rather have people working vs. free handouts.

Zyzz I guarantee you are too far upstream to get any of the "redistribution of wealth" since you have a job.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Ceruis » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Zyzzerzazz wrote:Its kinda funny that all the talk is about Obama's Redist. of wealth downstream, but no talk at all goes on about Bush's redistibution of wealth upstream, and in particuilar from the private sector to the private...

Hmm, US debt has climbed by almost two trillion dollars since Janurary 4th, 2007. From Jan 04, 2001 to Jan 04, 2007 US debt climbed by three trillion. Hell, it only took a democratic controlled Congress almost 2 years to do what a republican / mixed bag Congress did in 4 years.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

Confused on what exactly Congress does? You can look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congress
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Meso » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 am

I had a waiter chase me out to the parking lot once not liking the $2 tip (5%). But he was a lousy server and got more than deserved.

Now for a derail:

Hilf as a waiter maybe you can tell me if this is a global conspiracy:
Why does it always seem to take 20-30 minutes from asking for the check to actually getting to pay?
Always seem to be the same, bring the check, say "I'll take that when you're ready", disappear and not come back for a while.
Do the waiters realize this little thing has a bearing on the tip?
I usually counter with "don't you move an inch, here's the credit card", or I'll hand them the card when I ask for the check. Even still i get, "don't you want to see the check first?"
I'll see it before i sign it. No worries.

And for me, the coffee cup is my basic tip-o-meter. Keep it full, but ask before you pour.
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Bilnick » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:28 am

I usually tip ~20%, easy to calculate. Maybe higher at a cheapo restaurant like Dennys where the whole bill for 2 people might be $12.

Oh...if i get carded maybe I will tip 25%.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Hilf » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Oerin wrote:Hilf as a waiter maybe you can tell me if this is a global conspiracy:
Why does it always seem to take 20-30 minutes from asking for the check to actually getting to pay?
Always seem to be the same, bring the check, say "I'll take that when you're ready", disappear and not come back for a while.
Do the waiters realize this little thing has a bearing on the tip?
I usually counter with "don't you move an inch, here's the credit card", or I'll hand them the card when I ask for the check. Even still i get, "don't you want to see the check first?"
I'll see it before i sign it. No worries.

And for me, the coffee cup is my basic tip-o-meter. Keep it full, but ask before you pour.

usually if a server takes that long to process a payment, its for 1 of 2 reasons that i can think of. The first and most common ive noticed is so that the server has time to catch up on his other tables without getting sat again. Sometimes if you fall behind and no one is available to help you, you have to delay something somewhere to catch up and usually the payments is the easiest. The 2nd reason is cause he doesnt care and is probably flirting with a pretty girl he works with, or if its a girl shes chitchatting with someone.
Hilf

Postby Worff » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Bilnick wrote:Oh...if i get carded maybe I will tip 25%.

Hahaha flattery gets them everywhere :P
Worff Makesitso - Magelo | EQPlayers
Worff
Webmaster

Highscores: 42

Postby Serano » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:02 am

lets not lose sight of the real question. Why do we call the bill a check?
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Meso » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:23 pm

lets not lose sight of the real question. Why do we call the bill a check?

sounds like George Carlin . . .

Why do we park in thew driveway and drive on the parkway?
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Previous

Return to Real Life and Opinion