Non-Raiding App

All guild policies in one easy place. Know them.

Moderator: Officers

Non-Raiding App

Postby EQIsenhart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:09 pm

To clear up any confusion surrounding this topic here is a clearly defined set of conditions for a non-raiding app.

These "special" apps are mostly reserved for real life family members of lower level and/or real life/close friends.

They are allowed to be instantly tagged TF, however prior to taking the tag there needs to be a clear understanding of the relationship.

The goal is to keep things fair and balanced for our main raiding force while also addressing the occasional real life family member or friend so they can "occasionally" raid and earn DKP.

When they attain the level required and flags required to join a current raid it is the raid leader's decision if they can come. If the raid isn't full and the raid leader does not think that person will hinder the raid (i.e. Performer type or other wacky type events) they can come, with the following conditions:

1. If the raid becomes full they are going to be asked to step out of the raid.
2. For raiding purposes a non raiding member is considered a guest or app, which means they cannot spend DKP however when the person gets up to a level appropriate for our content and their class is not closed they are welcome to app as a normal no holds barred member, which will open up the DKP they have earned to spend.

We feel that the amount of non raiding members should be very limited and only include real life connections to our members. Again, I must stress the need to keep things fair and balanced for our current member force while also allowing your non raiding friend to occasionaly raid and earn DKP.

Lastly, each case of a "non-raiding app" will be individually observed, on a case-by-case basis.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Re: Non-Raiding App

Postby EQIsenhart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:12 pm

I would like to point out that rotting loot is fair game, and in these cases a non raiding member can still acquire a hefty amount of loot, especially from TSS molds and similar items, which again will help them progress even faster.
EQIsenhart

Postby Solarkat » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:43 pm

This is put very well.A bit late for all the crap thats gone on but going forth this will help alot .

One thing that might be added is a random 1000 on rot loot so we dont have a feeding feenzy there.or maybe one rot per night..
This may take to long not sure ..just my nickles worth..thanks aging for getting this up and on the boards..
Solarkat
Officer

Postby Fenina » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:59 pm

As I understand the change to removing the 0 dkp bids, one of the reasons for ffa rot loot was to make the raid go faster spending less time at the corpse. Adding another process such as /rand 1000 would increase that time at the corpse. Currently I believe there's an unwritten guide saying at most one item per corpse, such as spell runes.
Got Zombie?
1-800-ZMB-KILLS

ImageImageImage
Fenina
Officer

Postby Hilf » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:18 pm

i like Solarkat's idea of /random 1000 for the rots
Hilf

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Fenina has the right idea, we need to speed up the corpse time and move on the the next goal.

a random 1k will require an officer to overview and call for roll ect ect....

This is rot loot we are talking about, who cares about it. If some guest or app is being out of line we fix it with a tell or rsay comment and done deal /nod
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

Postby arrern » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 pm

thinkin i agree with solar on the random 1k thing myself? Arrern hasnt really tried for any rot loot even the rk3 rots for older spells but is interesteing to see the same folks always there to loot up rots mob after mob raid after raid. Does it really take an officer to be there to handle this? As cleric maybe i wouldnt be the best class to handle this (or maybe it wouldnt matter? depending who else is in a group) but there are folks and classes that if they fall behind the raid 2 mins wouldnt be the end of the world. Couldn't the rl ask some1 to handle this as raid starts, and ask would be my main word there (some just plain dont want the hassle) and it could be handled after raid moved on? Would it really have to be an officer? Might give folks more of a feeling that their position in the guild means more then just another body. In guild confidence boost?
arrern

Highscores: 17

Return to Guild Policies