Augmenting Epics

Moderator: Officers

Augmenting Epics

Postby Serano » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:51 am

THinking about augmenting Swiftwind instead of looking for a Haste replacement. I looked and looked and can't find a + damage augment for slot 4. anyone know anything different?

Otherwise I am split between using Permafrost 150 DD http://www.eqdiva.com/EQ/Song.aspx?s=4379&c&ForumID=13

or possibly Vampire kiss 75 HP Tap
http://www.eqdiva.com/eq/items/item.aspx?item=42173

I dunno these are the only ones apparently the best of the effects that I can use. I found them looking at slot 4 at
http://www.eqdiva.com/eq/items/LDoN.aspx

I have looked at ALah's and can't really find a merchant selling any damage augment - but maybe I missed them. Then again would making Swiftwind a 16(or 17) / 21 instead of a 13/21 be better than adding a proc? I like Procs - always have - but the guaranteed higher damage rating would be cool too. Alas can't find out any luck with aug damage

Then again - considering the ammount of LDON missions I would have to do to get all the items of equipment I would like to and augments is stagering. THe sheer number of hours doing them... boggle.

I mean to earn 1020 points would take 20 hours considering an average mission completion of 1 hour and normal over 60 groups. THis could be cut in time if I could do some Hard missions - but I have yet to put any of those together based on who was interested at the times.

Ser
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Ophidion » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:57 am

normal missions should only take you about 30 minutes, ranger for pulls shaman for heals/buffs/dots and the rest pet classes with one bst slowing
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/645186
Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

heh

Postby bill » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:07 pm

yeah, 30min in an ep group.

Or ppl that are really familiar.

My advice Ser, just do the LDoN's. You need such a vast amount of points that tryin to aim for anything at the beginning will just drive you crazy.

Take em as they come but don't let me disuade you from putting your eye on the prize so to speak.
bill

Postby Ophidion » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:43 pm

im not even talking about an EP group dran. With decently geared (some luclin/ornate) you can do a mission in 30 minutes NP provided you dont mind taking on 3-5 mobs at once.
Hey everybody! I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.
-- Ophidion

Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby Zyzzerzazz » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:36 pm

30m min 45 min normal for a non-ep grp.
It really dosnt matter tho, whats 15 min.

LDoNs are just plain $.

U can get 75-100p a adv from split.
Possiable droped loot items.
Never camped.
Decent xp.
AND accum points to a upgrade/aug to upgrade.

Win Win Win situation, SO long as you dont mind the mind numbing grinding that comes with it.

I just aimed to do around 15 wins in each adv camp. Now i have 2 outa 5 and got a few $ augs and BP. SO keep at it and PST to me for a Cleric ever~
Zyzzerzazz Guildkilla
Tribal Fury

"Satisfaction guaranteed or 96% of your experience back!"
Zyzzerzazz

aye

Postby Serano » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:56 pm

Yes - obviously you have to have fun with the adventures.

There was a LDoN we had wooped in about 30 minutes - and stayed in the next 45 without looting the last drop in order to finish plowing to the last 2 nameds that were up... Unfortunatly they both droped the same thing as the first named but meh.

I did a collect 59 one the other night that we prolly coulda done faster than the hour that we did it in - but we had SOME dead time and it certainly wasn't your Ideal group. AND it wasn't as hard as it shoulda been cause we had a 59 with us. The point is that you get what you get. Trying to plan your time around a 30 minute LDoN wouldn't come up with an accurate expectation of how many you would finish in X time.

Then there is the down time in between getting your next Cleric - or replacement tank, or having to Rez the Shaman that overpulled - planing on perfection is a sure way to let yourself down.

But thankfully I am still enjoying 95% of the LDoN I zone into. Speaking of LDoN --- EVERYONE KEEP LOOKING FOR RUNE OF ZEPHYR!!!! thanks.

Ser
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Ophidion » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:43 pm

or having to Rez the Shaman that overpulled
:finger
hehe
-- Ophidion

Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby Guardrail » Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:16 pm

Serano,

Depends on what your goals are for them. I myself wanted to get three pieces of armor. Arms, Legs and BP and pimp them out with 40hp and affect type augs. If your after incorporeal like I am, the hardest part was doign EF..over and over and over again. The nice part is though once you buy your first piece you can use your points earned from other LDoN camps to purchase your next piece.

As far as type 4 augs for your epic... your right there isn'tmuch choice for that. Once i have my arms, i will be working SRO to save up for a curse smelted blade that has three augment slots in it. One of those slots is capable of taking a 2dmg augment, making it a 16/19 and room for a proc as well.

Look at my Magelo if you want to see a couple pieces of the Incorporeal stuff.

Cheers
Hunter Guardrail Arcarean
Forest Stalker of Tunare
M.I.A

Pathfinder Arataurn Truebow
70 Ranger EQ2
Guardrail

Postby Jahras » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:23 pm

i still havent auged my 2ndary epic, but am saving up for vamp kiss

for a ranger if might be different since you move to bows with X ammount of AA.

and for racking up ldon points, just throw a ton of dps classes in a group and your good (for normal risk). the worst groups i have been in were bad because the puller had to wait inbetween pulls for someone to pacify... you need to chain pull / train the group to do em in a timely manner.
Jahras

Highscores: 2

Postby Ophidion » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:50 am

Did a BB theme in 17 minutes last night (29 collect) Only a few people in the group had ele gear, most was ssra/luclin shit. This was the group makeup:::
65 Pally
65 Shaman (me of course)
65 Druid (heals, but mostly dots)
65 Necro
65 Necro
65 Magician
With all the undead and whatsits we pretty much tore through that camp like a chainsaw. Tank only had about... 8K raid buffed but we almost never had to heal him. 5 mobs at a time with AOE/AE styles works wonders. So, if you want to rack up a ton of points in a quick fashion, do BB with undead slayerz.
-- Ophidion

Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

Postby copulous » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:46 am

i'd like to go after some hard missions, but would prefer to do it TF style. i've never even tried a hard mission yet and have always wanted to. i figure if nothing else, the xp will be $$$. and if we win, we'll get major pts.
Veteran Copulous "DEA" Pendragon
"David Joseph Lopez AKA Kunglao...my best friend and brother...REST IN POWER!!!"
copulous

Hard

Postby bill » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:56 am

I won't do a hard mission without Shalow/Ophidion atm. I <3 them.

Seriously tho, on a hard an add or lack of control on any mob will 95% result in at least 1 death. 1 death is an ideal outcome hehe if you get my point.

If any of you have done any of the GoD trials, you know what hard ldon's are all about. :help
bill

Postby copulous » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:05 pm

if we get kung or malcore down there we can own as long as they can keep the mobs coming steadily. druid, shammy, BL, and dps or cleric & chanter instead of druid/shammy. most likely whatever we have online at the time :thumbup or we stick with BB and bring a necro or two. they can mez the undead $$$
Veteran Copulous "DEA" Pendragon
"David Joseph Lopez AKA Kunglao...my best friend and brother...REST IN POWER!!!"
copulous

Postby Ophidion » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:01 pm

if you let the necro pets TM adds the mission will go VERY VERY quickly
-- Ophidion

Ophidion
The Retard Patrol

whoa

Postby bill » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:56 pm

oph, that isn't from a hard tho right?

if you are doing hard in 20min i'll be a monkey's uncle. :monkey
bill

Next

Return to Class Specific Discussion