NBA Playoffs

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Re: NBA Playoffs

Postby Bilnick » Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 am

I look for the Spurs to go up 3-2 on N.O. Spurs are too battle tested to not win this one.

Boston better be worried. Lebron has shot lousy all series yet the Cavs are tied 2-2. If Lebron goes Lebron in game 5 look out..... You gotta figure he will go off and score 35-40 at least once this series. Where was KG in the second half? I mean except for getting dunked on........

Would be nice if the Pistons could wrap it up tonight and get Chauncey Billups' sore hamstring a rest before facing Cleveland or Boston. The Pistons will need him to beat either one of those teams.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Shoolace » Tue May 13, 2008 11:59 am

Go Red Wings!
Shoolace

Postby Hilf » Tue May 13, 2008 7:48 pm

watching the detroit game right now, looks like they'll have no problem closing out the magic. They been scoring on almost ever turnover orlando has made so far. Yea KG showing his true self but more importantly where has paul pierce been, he only hit like 3 shots in game 4. I dont expect SA to be NO in NO, that crowd is nuts, and the hornets are super driven by their home crowd, just like Utah.
Hilf

Postby Bilnick » Sat May 17, 2008 8:40 am

Home teams are 21-2 in round 2.

I think the Spurs have the best chance of winning a road game 7, but it would not be a huge surprise to see the Cavaliers beat the Celtics.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Hilf » Mon May 19, 2008 9:42 pm

6 min left in game 7, spurs up 80-70. Looks like it will be LA vs SA. Im still looking for LA vs Boston in the finals
Hilf

Postby Bilnick » Tue May 20, 2008 7:44 am

You would be wrong then!

Boston has not looked good at all. I am not saying the Pistons are a sure thing, but I like their chances a whole lot more now than I did at the beginning of the playoffs. Boston often plays scared, especially on the road. Look out if the Pistons win game 1 or 2. If it wasn't for Paul Pierce stepping up we would be talking Pistons - Cavs (shocker that KG didn't carry the Celtics huh???)

Spurs are the favorite until someone beats them. I take the Spurs over LA. Pistons Celtics is a coin toss in my opinion.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Hilf » Tue May 20, 2008 8:04 pm

its basically a coin toss on both sides. LA is just super talented and San Antonio is battle tested and can handle pressure and road games whereas detroit is a lot like san antonio and boston cant lose at home. Really both of these series are going to come down to the road teams. I still will be disappointed for anything less than LA vs Boston.
Hilf

Postby Bilnick » Thu May 22, 2008 2:40 pm

What really sucks is that games 3,4,5 or Pistons Celtics are on the exact same time as games 1,2,3 of the Red Wings Penguins series.

Would it kill the NHL or NBA to change the times of these games so Detroit sports fans can see them both???????
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Hilf » Thu May 22, 2008 8:19 pm

wth, did you see the lakers game last night? I cant believe they came back 23 points to end the game. Phil Jackson is a great coach imo, i think with subtle defensive substitions in the 3rd quarter to get stops is what helped them win the game. Sure, Kobe scored 25 but he would have done that regardless. Definately a great comeback.
Hilf

Postby Bilnick » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:07 pm

It has been a pretty good series so far, except for the theatrics from Paula Pierce. That was almost as lame as Diane er Dwayne Wade getting a wheelchair for a separated shoulder a couple years ago. NBA players should watch a hockey game and see what toughness is. A guy from the Pittsburgh Penguins took a slapshot to the face, got up, skated to the bench (the play continued) and came back the next game.

Both games have been close so far, Boston only needs to win one of three in LA to put a stranglehold on the series.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Hilf » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:53 pm

yea i think boston will win but they need to learn to close out games cause last night was too too close. I still think Phil Jackson is the geatest coach of all time and wont let Boston win any in LA. That said, this guy at work is giving me the Lakers +7 so i won 10 bucks last night haha cause boston only won by 6.
Hilf

Postby Hilf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 pm

WTF when the hell did they name the Boston Garden, T.D. Bank North Garden. Thats so stupid, it will always be known as the Boston Garden. Dunno what tdbank was thinking buying the name rights to that place. WTB the end of name rights buying!
Hilf

Postby Ceruis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Who cares? Boston Celtic sux, Boston the city sux, and oh yeah....Boston sux! :twak
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby Bilnick » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:23 pm

They tore down (or at least moved out of) THE Boston Garden. All arenas in the NBA are fairly new, with the exception of Madison Square Garden. The Pistons play in the second oldest arena in the NBA and it was built in 1989 (the same year they won their first championship).

Looks like KG is going to ride Paul Pierce to a championship. Boston has been the better team so far in this series, but it could easily be 3-2 LA if they hadn't blown a 20+ point lead.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Hilf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:05 pm

WHAT? they tore down the boston garden, omg thats sacriligious! dont be surprised if the lakers win one tonight, expect the refs to help out.
Hilf

PreviousNext

Return to Real Life and Opinion