War Spending Bill Passes Senate

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

War Spending Bill Passes Senate

Postby Ceruis » Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/congress_iraq_funding

Sad and sorry thing is that we elected these idiots to office. Being for or against the war really doesn't matter to me all that much, it a judgement call. But adding garbage to an issue that this important to draw a veto only shows that the entire chamber minus the 22 who didn't vote for it should fired on the spot. I include both sides of the ailse on this. It is my fondest hope that people will get together and say hey, you know what, if don't believe in then don't vote for the funds that fuel the war, if you do believe in it, then vote for it. But the lot of them are cowards who do not have the conviction of their "beliefs" so we continue to plays these games. I've already written emails and letters to my senators and congresswoman expressing my displeasure. Now if only more people would do it.
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Re: War Spending Bill Passes Senate

Postby Stonecrush » Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 pm

Guns speak louder than words. Just start snipeing them one by one, they'll get the idea, Kerry would instantly say on the news for whatever reason that last guy got shot for, I Totally disagree with his voting set up. *BANG!*

And Hillary getting shot at LOL Coaster. Oh wait that never happened! :jester
Stonecrush

Postby Serano » Fri May 23, 2008 3:15 am

The Senate and House passing a bill like this is what led to the Civil war. The South was so opposed to a hike in export taxes they didn't show up to vote against one. It passed further crippling the ailing southern economy and they left the Union.
Serano
Officer

Highscores: 144

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri May 23, 2008 11:02 am

Welcome to the America we all allowed to happen.

It will only get worse.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby EQIsenhart » Fri May 23, 2008 2:20 pm

"When it comes to Iraq, it appears that money is no object for President Bush," said the chairman of the Appropriations Committee, Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va. "Yet when it comes to important priorities here at home, he turns into Ebeneezer Scrooge."

Seems like a pretty good quote to me, I think Bush is one of the shittiest presidents this country has ever seen. I cannot believe we allowed him to take office.
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Meso » Fri May 23, 2008 2:33 pm

piggyback bills are the debil and the ruination of the democratic process.
Each bill should be voted on it's own merit. Not "vote for this thing i don't want to get this thing i do want"
Meso
Officer

Highscores: 3

Postby Ceruis » Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:
"When it comes to Iraq, it appears that money is no object for President Bush," said the chairman of the Appropriations Committee, Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va. "Yet when it comes to important priorities here at home, he turns into Ebeneezer Scrooge."

Seems like a pretty good quote to me, I think Bush is one of the shittiest presidents this country has ever seen. I cannot believe we allowed him to take office.

Your actually wrong there, Isen. Money is no object to the Senate and the House. The war funding bill didn't top 212 billion dollars because President Bush ask for it, it topped that because of the Senate added their pet projects to the bill. If you read the story you will see that President Bush has been vetoing these bills. And again, the power of the purse belong not to the President but the Congress as a whole and that is were the blame lays. Look at the Farm bill just recently passed over a Presidential veto for 300 billion dollars. Can you tell me that all farmers need government subsidaries at a time when food prices are near record high? And please explain to me why we need to expand tax breaks for thoroughbred race horses? This is what the Congress as a whole has passed over a Presidential Veto. So please lay blame where blame is deserved and not on the guy who most visible.

**Oh, it the Congress that refuses to pass a line veto bill so the President can just veto the garbage from the bills that cross his desk like the racehorse thing. So he forced to veto the entire thing get ridd of all the amendments. Don't just look at the bills title, dig a little deeper and see what else is attached there under the titles guise.

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Serano » Fri May 23, 2008 10:37 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:

Lol - you think Bush is worse than Buchanan, McKinnley, Harrison I, and Woodrow Wilson? wow. I mean he might not be a teddy Roosevelt or a James K polk (two of our best presidents ever) but shittiest? I question your grasp of history to make such a claim.
Serano
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat May 24, 2008 11:11 am

Yea, he is worse then those people. It isn't just good old George, but he whole grouping of unqualified friends he put in positions of power, also. He not only fucked up his position as President, but he fucked up every other part of the government too. A domino effect down the line which we will never recover from.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby EQIsenhart » Sat May 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Yes Serano I think he is one of the "shittiest" presidents, I did not say "THE" shittiest, but one of "the shittiest" I still stand by that =)
EQIsenhart

Highscores: 2

Postby Ceruis » Sat May 24, 2008 3:48 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:Yes Serano I think he is one of the "shittiest" presidents, I did not say "THE" shittiest, but one of "the shittiest" I still stand by that =)

What makes you dislike him so much? I"d pose that question to Goofy but he hates everyone.

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Postby Stonecrush » Sun May 25, 2008 2:45 am

Teddy was the World Police leader!!! I speak softly but carry a BIG stick... yeah that guy did the same thing we're doing now... oh shit you mean History repeats itself and people forget? OMGZ... I am not a fan of Bush but he'll go down in history as a noted president 50 years from now and be far from hated. /shrug

People complain about things being bad and shit hitting the fan. It's really just the same, media machines just stir the pot.

I've read it watched the game be played before. The world is truely a giant Dynamic chess board that is very impressive to say the least you just have to know how to look at it, and know what the key players are thinking. The moves made can be predicted similar to chess as well. Heh.

Just pick different points in US history and you'll find the answers, the game is still the same, the stakes are still relative, and the only thing that's changed are the players. Really take some time to see the big picture rather than just sit there bashing Bush, there's more to the system than just him.

Serano, I think you forgot President Monroe. He wrote that wonderful docturne that said FUCK EUROPE basicly.. We really don't need their teenager/menapause attitude right now...

The US economic plan here yah go in a nutshell. This was my Idea 5 years ago, I wish I had a copywrite. Take every Coal, Oil, Wind, Solar, whatever name here plant out and put a nuke in, apply 30-40 more to that... Then to solve any potential water problems put down desalnation plants along the Gulf and the Western Sea board and make an underground pipeline to satisfy water in both the west and the centeral states. With the excess power we can afford to pump the water where we need it, and thanks to that pipe system we'll never have a draught area again forest fires will be much easier to combat since with this excess we can afford to spray excess water onto the forests (Side idea added on...). What about the nuke waste? Uhm yeah thats a moot point we can do many things with it, including recycle it given enough time and in what 50-100 years we're already looking at fusion power who cares! You want to put solar pannels or a windmill on YOUR land (aslong as it meets your towns land codes...) go right ahead /shrug. Just stop expecting the Gov to bend over backwards and given excess funds to departments that over and I do mean over funded... Also, start drilling for oil in the Gulf and Alaska.. The Animals don't give a fuck trust me, just don't crash boats into reefs! Lowering Oil prices stimulates the economy, granting more people money which allows them to travel and spend more. Time will cause Change it's happened before it just takes time, time we have.... Trains 150 years, cars 100 years mass produced... next step.... think it up! most likely electric, which will once again met in demand with the nuke's we now have powering us up... So, in this little paragraph I've solved any possibly draughts, created an engergy pant that works, and stimulated the economy to the point where we'll smash the Euro in 10 years.. So, whats next? Please add Questions now and I'll answer them!

Also we cut back on the massive gov that we have now, we apply even more responcibility to the state and local gov. The Fed has no business managing my health care. I don't want to wait a month to get my broken arm looked at, while I am bleeding internally after a car accident. It's fluff work, you know some no knowelege douchebag's gonna get the job that manages a department that they do not meet the requirements for and since it's not for profit there's no modivation to do it right... However, in the Private sector there is motivation because the all mighty dollar votes will make the people go elseware if their service sucked... If the service sucked in all places thats where the Gov has regulations and minium standards, do your job! :P

Gah I went on a tangent at 4am... wtf
Stonecrush

Postby Bilnick » Mon May 26, 2008 7:47 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:Yes Serano I think he is one of the "shittiest" presidents, I did not say "THE" shittiest, but one of "the shittiest" I still stand by that =)

You must be too young to remember Jimmy Carter.

18.5% interest rates, Iran taking hostages, shitty economy. He should have built houses instead of running for president.

The Carter administration was also the last time one party controlled both congress and the Whitehouse.

I fear that we may be stupid enough to repeat that mistake and elect Obama. Hold onto your wallets.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Serano » Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 am

I like the Monroe doctrine. I think it worked for the time.

I am also a BIG BIG advocate for the Rodney King Doctrine.
Serano
Officer

Postby Ceruis » Tue May 27, 2008 4:03 am

Serano wrote:I like the Monroe doctrine. I think it worked for the time.

I am also a BIG BIG advocate for the Rodney King Doctrine.

Beating the shit out of drunk, drugged-out (PCP in this case) people who speed, refuse pull over, and then are too stupid to follow instructions from police officers? Yeah, I'm down with that. Better yet, let have a riot instead. People amaze me. :plzdie

Ceruis, Tarvas
Ceruis
Officer

Next

Return to Real Life and Opinion