possible aa recomendations for clerics

Moderator: Officers

possible aa recomendations for clerics

Postby saeinya » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:08 pm

i have no earthly clue why i would get questions about what aa's clerics should work on.. but thought it might be helpfull to new clerics to TF if we got a discussion going between the clerics about what aa's we should have, work on and so forth. i also think it might be helpfull if we had a class leader to field these questions to. questions about what line of aa's i should work on and such. someone pretty knowledgeable about the cleric class. would be very helpfull imho. /nods
saeinya

Re: possible aa recomendations for clerics

Postby Horcrux » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Max Innate Int FTW
Lord Horcrux Soulshard - 80th Deathcaller - Retired

Nathan: "Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
Peter: "My brother can't walk through walls! Who are you?"

HEROES comes back September 15th with a 3 hour premier!
Horcrux

Highscores: 12

Postby Aithzar » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:42 pm

saeinya wrote:i have no earthly clue why i would get questions about what aa's clerics should work on.. but thought it might be helpfull to new clerics to TF if we got a discussion going between the clerics about what aa's we should have, work on and so forth. i also think it might be helpfull if we had a class leader to field these questions to. questions about what line of aa's i should work on and such. someone pretty knowledgeable about the cleric class. would be very helpfull imho. /nods

I'll put up a list of what "I" would recommend in the order later today.
Aithzar

Highscores: 2

Postby EQIsenhart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 pm

I would go defensive AA's up until at least 12 in at least avoidance. all ranks of divine arbitration.

Then focus on crit heal and regular heal AA's, planar power, innate enlightenment, all ranks of radiant cure and faster cast radiant cure, 3 ranks of shield block, buff duration. That should be roughly 400-500 AA's.
EQIsenhart

Postby Hilf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:22 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:I would go defensive AA's up until at least 12 in at least avoidance. all ranks of divine arbitration.

Then focus on crit heal and regular heal AA's, planar power, innate enlightenment, all ranks of radiant cure and faster cast radiant cure, 3 ranks of shield block, buff duration. That should be roughly 400-500 AA's.

tbh, i have just over 600 AAs now and i dont have shield block or any defensive AAs. I chose to do wisdom and mana regen AAs first, followed by heal AAs, some of which im still lacking, with radiant cure and all its forms followed by radiant mana aas, and then followed by reduced hate AAs. I also through in clicky ivu AA cause i thought it would be cool when i first started playing. heh im naive i know. Anyways i feel as a cleric spamming heals on raids, having enough mana to keep spam heals going is most important followed by heal and cure aas.
Hilf

Postby Antok » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:24 am

Defensive AA's make a huuuuuuge difference.

Except for DVARB, there is not a single better investment than at least the first six ranks of defensive and avoidance and the first three of shield block. Antok can (well, could, sold) tank ture, and I've seen defensiveless clerics in TSS era gear die to anguish trash.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby Ceruis » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:08 am

How do Clerics tank?
Alan - Fenny's little helper

App Officer: Tarvas (that me, Ceruis, idiot)

Ceruis, Tarvas
Wife: Mechell
Ceruis
Officer

Highscores: 1

Postby EQIsenhart » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:23 pm

double post see below.
EQIsenhart

Postby EQIsenhart » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:24 pm

the difference between an add or trash mob or AE ramp killing the cleric in one hit vs. 4-5 hits is the defensive/shield block AA's...I have seen some clerics who die much like a fly being swatted and some clerics who take hits as well as I do. That is the difference defensive AA's/shield block make...and the same applys for all classes pretty much

Defensive AAs > all

You are not healing/DPSing/CCing/anything if your dead.

I would rather have 60% effectiveness and 90% staying alive than 90% effectiveness and 20% staying alive for example. When your dead, none of it matters.
EQIsenhart

Postby Fenina » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:30 pm

EQIsenhart wrote:the difference between an add or trash mob or AE ramp killing the cleric in one hit vs. 4-5 hits is the defensive/shield block AA's...I have seen some clerics who die much like a fly being swatted and some clerics who take hits as well as I do. That is the difference defensive AA's/shield block make...and the same applys for all classes pretty much

Defensive AAs > all

I'm a fly that still gets swatted :twak but I'm gettling less an less swattable with those defensive aa's :haha:
Got Zombie?
1-800-ZMB-KILLS

ImageImageImage
Fenina
Officer

Postby saeinya » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 pm

i know i went for healing aa's first off with mgb and darb and resurrection aa, then went forspell casting sublety(sp?) .
saeinya

Postby Hilf » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:37 pm

defensive aas shouldnt really matter if the cleric knows not to get ramp, or sit in ramp range or where adds come from. i dont die often, and when i do its usually when the raid is already wiping.
Hilf

Postby cliffy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:24 am

There is more to Combat agility then just staying alive, although it does help a ton in that area too. I have noticed that I don't get spells interrupted nearly as often with it either. Basically Isen is right, defensive AAs help out a ton. I am not sure I would totally concentrate on them at first though. SCS is also very important especially in events with adds that may not have a ton of agro built up on them by a tank. Then of course there are the usual things like spell casting reinforcement mastery, gift of mana, and all the healing stuff.
cliffy

Postby Antok » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:36 pm

SCS is also very important especially in events with adds that may not have a ton of agro built up on them by a tank.

I don't think SCS actually makes all that much of a difference. I refused to buy it (because it hurt my clerictanking =p) on antok and certainly never noticed myself pulling aggro more often than anyone else.
A CAT IS FINE TOO!!!
Antok

Postby cliffy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:21 pm

I noticed a huge difference after I stopped using my 2.0 and had almost no SCS to the time I maxed it.
cliffy

Next

Return to Class Specific Discussion