Cleric Heal Efficiency

Moderator: Officers

Cleric Heal Efficiency

Postby Aithzar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:25 am

Hey Clerics. Found a great spreadsheet for us over at EQClerics Forum that is excellent for figuring out your mana to hp healed. Gives you great information about tons of stuff. Here are some pics of my information.

Plugged in worn Focii and AA focuses:

This shows you how much of a bonus your getting with your focii and aa's. Very helpful when searching for new focii for higher level spells.

Includes specialization, special heal focii like on CoA breastplate, TSS breastplate, and Demi Hammer:

This is the heal comparison. This is where the really useful information comes in!

As you can see here, I'm comparing 7 different spells. The first three are my main heals at varying levels. A:HL(70), Sacred Light Rk.II(73), and Solemn Light Rk. II(78). The next one is the instant heal below 35%. I then compared my top three single target HoT's in the same manner as the three main heals. Going across left to right it shows the following information.

The first comparison is Mana Preservation. Using A:HL as my example, you can see that base cost for A:HL is 775. With my focii and AA's it costs me 385 mana base at a reduction of 50%! Sweet right. Then you can go down the list of other spells you plugged in and see how much mana preservation you receive to each of the spells you choose.

Moving to the second comparison, Hit Points Healed. This is base, non-crit heal. So for A:HL my base is 4358 and with my focii and AA's its 8411 at an increase of 93% over base. Sweet.

The third comparison is how many HP's are healed per mana point. This is the one I consider pretty important, especially in spam/heavy healing situations because each point of mana is important to me. For A:HL, with no Focii or AA's, I get 5.6 HP's healed per 1 mana point. Apply the focuses and it jumps to 21.8 HP healed per mana point at an increase of 288%. Super Sweet! Comparing that to my use of the 73 and 78 heals I would respectively get 18.8 HP per mana and 16.6 HP per mana point. To me, that is a huge reason I still use A:HL.

The next comparison is Range of your heals. This one pretty huge for me too because in alot of fights I like to be able to be as far away as possible, or the script of the event forces you to move around alot. For my A:HL, base distance is 200 and with my focii its 270.

I hope this is informative for you all. It really helped me make decisions and plan out my future focii gear choices since I can plug it in and see directly how it effects my heals. If anyone has any questions or wants to discuss their results I love talking about this stuff so just ask.

I attached the file to the post and also there is a direct download link below as well.

Aithzarx/Russell

http://mysite.verizon.net/traker_tunare/Cleric_Heals_v8_2.xls (Courtesy of Sandtree from EQClerics.org)
Attachments
Cleric_Heals_v8_2.xls
Courtesy of Sandtree from EQClerics.org
(373 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Aithzar

Highscores: 2

Re: Cleric Heal Efficiency

Postby EQIsenhart » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Great find there Aith!

Anytime I box a cleric I am always trying to use the most mana efficient heals as 100-200 extra heal points is really not that big of a deal, but using the bigger heals always run the cleric oom faster.

It really depends on the toon though but is always more efficient to use heals that you have the focuses for vs. the newest and best heal.

AHL and Sacred Light rk.2/3 are usually what I use depending on which toon I box.
EQIsenhart

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:31 pm

I just hit whatever heal button I can find and hope for the best.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Aithzar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:45 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:I just hit whatever heal button I can find and hope for the best.

LOL, and you claim you out heal clerics! MUHAHHAHAHAHAAHA!

Aithzarx/Russell
Aithzar

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:47 pm

I can almost out heal a bandage. This brings up a question. If you have 5 people bandaging you at the same time, do they all work at once?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Aithzar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:I can almost out heal a bandage. This brings up a question. If you have 5 people bandaging you at the same time, do they all work at once?

Wow, old school. As long as your under the max hp to allow bandaging, yes.

Aithzarx/Russell
Aithzar

Postby Hilf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:09 pm

will definately have to check this out when i get like 1000 more AAs so im not so embarrased to post my numbers HAH! jk
Hilf

Postby Aithzar » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:12 pm

Hilf wrote:will definately have to check this out when i get like 1000 more AAs so im not so embarrased to post my numbers HAH! jk

The only AA's it takes into account is Healing Adept, Spell Casting Mastery, and Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery. Which if you have 400 AA's you probably have. Honestly, Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery isn't that important. It increases the length of your beneficial such as buffs and HOT's.

Edit: As an aside. I didn't post this to start a competition. I posted for informative purposes only. Noone has to post anything, I just used my information as an example since I already had it all plugged in. I don't want people feeling like I did this for competitive means. Just trying to give folks tools that show them more detailed information if they are interested in that type of stuff.
Aithzar

Postby Hilf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm

i know i know, im just playing around, appreciate all the effort you put in to help us Aithzar
Hilf

Return to Class Specific Discussion