Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

Want to talk politics, religion, opinion, or Current events? go here.

Moderator: Officers

Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

Postby Bilnick » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:53 pm

By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer
22 minutes ago

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years — so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

article
Bilnick
Officer

Re: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

Postby bill » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Yahoo added more to the story since, apparently they got a hold of the boyfriend.

Wow Bilnick that's a good find. Yahoo is the National Inquirer of the intarweb heh.
bill

Postby Bilnick » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:01 pm

I just hope she flushed occasionally.
Bilnick
Officer

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:17 pm

I'd sure like to lick that ass.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server
Goofydoofy

Postby Hilf » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:23 am

at least she wasnt like the fat bitch who died on the couch after sitting there for 6 years. she ended up having to get buried with it cause it grew too deep inside. The husband also had to tear down an entire wall of the house and use a crain/forklift combination to get her out. I dont remember where i read the story, it was some time ago but i think she weighed like 700 pounds and her husband weighed less than 100. thats devotion right there people!
Hilf

Postby Yagada » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:27 pm

If she never left the couch, somone was brining her food. Think about that.
When things get UGLY................
Yagada Tauntbetter <Tribal Fury>
Yagada

Highscores: 14

Postby Hilf » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:24 pm

her husband was
Hilf

Postby Jamjum » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:19 pm

I'd of told the bitch to get up and get her food the second day. lol. To hell with 6 years
Image-ImageImage
Jamjum

Return to Real Life and Opinion